• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man: Homecoming review thread [92% RT]

TDK should be 100% .

no_rorschach.gif

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
All the stupid hot takes, GAF drama and meme's aside, I'm just fucking happy my favorite super hero seems to be getting a good to even great film after so many shitty ones.

Have people said this movie is better than the OG Spiderman 2 movie because that movie is my favorite comic book movie alongside the Dark Night.

Also is Vulture in Homecomming as good as Doc Oct or Green Goblin from the OG movies?

Tarrin

Have people said this movie is better than the OG Spiderman 2 movie because that movie is my favorite comic book movie alongside the Dark Night.

Also is Vulture in Homecoming as good as Doc Oct or Green Goblin from the OG movies?

For your first point, I've been gleaning from reviews and people chatting in my early screening theatre it's either equal to it or the second best Spider-Man (after 2), with a few saying it's better. Don't think there's a consensus yet.

For me, it's the best Spidey film after 2.

2 > Homecoming > 1 > everything else.

Also is Vulture in Homecomming as good as Doc Oct or Green Goblin from the OG movies?

All the typos.

To actually answer your question, I've seen a lot of "best Spidey since Spidey 2", which, no shit.

Also seen a fair bit of "best Spidey period" which I'm already inclined to believe.

Seen a couple of "best comic book movie" which, fuck, I'm erect again.

Timu

So the movie is going to be stuck between 90%-93% until more reviews come.

BTW it needs 10 reviews now to be certified fresh.

Not

Banned
My favorite Spider-Man is Ditko and early Romita Spider-Man. The one who never shuts up.

Hope we finally see him onscreen.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Ledger's performance as The Joker alone was worth the 100%.

Jombie

Everyone was on about Boyhood vs Birdman. One long shot vs one long shoot.

When really, Whiplash was the best movie of 2014. Damien Chazelle's La La Land Oscar was an apology from the Academy.

Linklater is a great director, but Boyhood wouldn't have gotten near the amount of accolades if not for its ambition. Oscar's love that shit; same can be said for The Revenant - - which is simply a aesthetically pleasing slog.

I still don't know what to make of Birdman. It's just a nothing movie.

Everyone was on about Boyhood vs Birdman. One long shot vs one long shoot.

When really, Whiplash was the best movie of 2014. Damien Chazelle's La La Land Oscar was an apology from the Academy.

Nah. Still prefer boyhood out of all the movies that year

Defo would put whiplash over birdman though easy

Bronx-Man

Banned
Eh people make too much of a big deal about that, Superman hasn't been in a massively successful film in a decade and I don't think movie audiences care too much about the character these days, Snyder's take or not.

It's mainly just Batman doing the heavy lifting there.

If Marvel can make audiences care about Captain America, audiences can care about Superman.

If Marvel can make audiences care about Captain America, audiences can care about Superman.

I don't think audiences care about cap as much as the fan base (and this forum no doubt) seems to

Civil War got that huge box office push clearly cuz of Stark, Spiderman and a big Avengers team up.

Man of Steel did better than cap 1 too no?

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Captain America as a character is incredibly bland, a bit of a mannequin frankly, he does have the best fight scenes though.

He has the same issue DC does with Superman, they both seem one note, boring, I understand what both represent, but there is no depth there.

LionPride

Banned
I don't think audiences care about cap as much as the fan base (and this forum no doubt) seems to

Civil War got that huge box office push clearly cuz of Stark, Spiderman and a big Avengers team up.

Man of Steel did better than cap 1 too no?
I sure hope so seeing as no one cared about Cap before that first movie

Top Bottom