• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man: Homecoming review thread [92% RT]

Captain America as a character is incredibly bland, a bit of a mannequin frankly, he does have the best fight scenes though.

For sure. Dude is so boring, Evans portrayal of the man only has like two expressions as well.

Definitely has some of the best fight scenes of any superhero though. It's more interesting seeing these dudes fight with martial arts and cool choreography than superpower stuff imo

Bronx-Man

Banned
]I don't think audiences care about cap as much as the fan base (and this forum no doubt) seems to

Civil War got that huge box office push clearly cuz of Stark, Spiderman and a big Avengers team up.[/B]

Man of Steel did better than cap 1 too no?
Explain Winter Soldier's success then

Explain Winter Soldier's success then

It was a pretty good movie. Marketing was good, and he needed some sidekicks throughout the film to make it more watchable too

He's only marginally more interesting as his own character than dceu superman. Pretty bland. Tbh wonder woman snatched both of their spots being the type of hero they are aiming for. She's so fun to watch in her solo

LionPride

Banned
It was a pretty good movie. Marketing was good, and he needed some sidekicks throughout the film to make it more watchable too

He's only marginally more interesting as his own character than dceu superman. Tbh wonder woman snatched both of their spots being the type of hero they are aiming for. She's so fun to watch in her solo
Black Widow and Hawkeye didn't make that movie more watchable at all

That fight with GSP tho

Litan

He's only marginally more interesting as his own character than dceu superman. Pretty bland. Tbh wonder woman snatched both of their spots being the type of hero they are aiming for. She's so fun to watch in her solo
Oh, please. Cap is absolutely one of the best characters in the MCU and one of the most popular. Evans does a great job portraying him. To compare him to what Snyder's done with Supes is an insult. Snyder wishes he'd nail the modern all-american boy scout like the cap movies have.

And sidekicks/supporting casts are a thing in all superhero movies, so that statement doesn't even make sense.

This is a pretty bad take.

Especially considering all the claims that he is what everyone wishes the DCEU's Superman could be. Almost everybody finds him charming in the role.

LionPride

Banned

Especially considering all the claims that he is what everyone wishes the DCEU's Superman could be. Almost everybody finds him charming in the role.

tumblr_nq3te2v59b1uy77tao1_500.gif

Dudes an absolute bore. Agree to disagree on that. When people call that mannequin charming around here I'm always baffled

When/if he dies in the next Avengers all it will elicit from me is a "well....bye.gif" much like when superman was killed in BvS

Is he really one of the best characters in the mcu? Counting heroes only i got stark, ant man, banner, black panther, Spiderman, Nick Fury, and all the guardians (maybe even gamora) way above him.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Oh, please. Cap is absolutely one of the best characters in the MCU and one of the most popular. Evans does a great job portraying him. To compare him to what Snyder's done with Supes is an insult. Snyder wishes he'd nail the modern all-american boy scout like the cap movies have.

And sidekicks/supporting casts are a thing in all superhero movies, so that statement doesn't even make sense.

Your first mistake was taking Disco's opinions seriously

I think naturally when you have different people working with these characters, they'll feel different across the movies. And to that end I'll say I really liked Chris Evans' Cap in Winter Soldier. But yeah, his other outings have been so-so to weak, and it's a shame because he can be great in the role.

Like, the actors are only as good as the material. Hemsworth is finally looking to have a good outing as Thor in Ragnarok after glimpses at it in the past. And one day Cavill might as Superman, whether it's JL or MoS2.

Even RDJ has misses as Iron Man, as in Iron Man 2 and Age of Ultron. As much as people hate on Iron Man 3, I love it, and a big reason is RDJ back on his A game as Stark.

Right. Spider-Man Homecoming. Tom Holland seems to be 2 for 2 right now, at least.

Blader

I think Evans' performance is pitch perfect as Cap, and a far better Superman-type character than Snyder/Cavill have been been able to do in two outings so far. But, I also think Cap's character is way more interesting when he's either playing off more shades-of-grey characters like Widow and Tony, or dabbling in those shades of grey himself like in Civil War. When he's played straight and there's no kind of push back on that from others, like in First Avenger, I can see the character coming off as a little dull as a result.

The times we do agree, we know something has drastically gone wrong

No we don't, or at least I don't. I don't treat all your opinions as one monolith, that would be reductive.

You are fairly on the money with hip hop shit (except for your disgusting nas hate). We all got different takes on some stuff at the end of the day

Bronx Man is an alright dude but I can't tell if he's just messing around with me or making those obnoxious posts out of spite. I'm sure he's just trolling tho so eh whatever

No we don't, or at least I don't. I don't treat all your opinions as one monolith, that would be reductive.

You are fairly on the money with hip hop shit (except for your disgusting nas hate). We all got different takes on some stuff at the end of the day

Bronx Man is an alright dude but I can't tell if he's just messing around with me or making those obnoxious posts out of spite

…Lion hates Nas?

What the fuck, bruh?

LionPride

Banned
…Lion hates Nas?

What the fuck, bruh?
Yeah...I just don't like his ass

At all. Or Tupac. Or Common. Or Biggie.

Bronx Man is an alright dude but I can't tell if he's just messing around with me or making those obnoxious posts out of spite
Lol just messin with ya, we only really disagree with movies but ay different strokes different folks. You still cool to talk to

Dudes an absolute bore. Agree to disagree on that. When people call that mannequin charming around here I'm always baffled

When/if he dies in the next Avengers all it will elicit from me is a "well....bye.gif" much like when superman was killed in BvS

Is he really one of the best characters in the mcu? Counting heroes only i got stark, ant man, banner, black panther, Spiderman, Nick Fury, and all the guardians (maybe even gamora) way above him.

So why does your bafflement matter?

Bronx-Man

Banned

Bronx Man is an alright dude but I can't tell if he's just messing around with me or making those obnoxious posts out of spite. I'm sure he's just trolling tho so eh whatever

I only hurt the ones I love.

Redd

Got my tickets paid for next Friday's late showing. Went with the standard film. The 3d movies I've seen have been underwhelming and cost more. Lord tickets these days are expensive. 3 adults cost nearly $50.

MisterHero

I'm watching that "Peter Parker film" thing right now. I wish they would've used Peter's crappy suit in Civil War, it would've made a better tease. Plus it would be neat if everyone got beat up by a kid in a crappy outfit.

Captain America as a character is incredibly bland, a bit of a mannequin frankly, he does have the best fight scenes though.

He has the same issue DC does with Superman, they both seem one note, boring, I understand what both represent, but there is no depth there.

f**k you Cap, fight alone against Iron Man, fight like a man

898.gif

Staf

Cap is no doubt my favorite character in the MCU. It's probably because he's an underpowered supes who i love. Thank god for Cap i say given the portrayal of supes in the DCEU.

Staf

Watching that VLOG i really, really love Happy Hogan. Jon Favreau freaking nailed his interactions with Tony and Peter.

Top Bottom