• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man: Homecoming review thread [92% RT]

ZeoVGM

Banned
Dan Slott is a shit writer that would rather spend his time trolling people on Twitter than writing a coherent story.

Again, even if you personally don't like his run on ASM, saying he is a "shit writer" when Silver Surfer has existed for the past two years is just straight up wrong. It has been one of the most consistently great comics coming out. Not to mention his She-Hulk run.

And could we please stop using "incoherent" as a synonym for "I don't like it." There was nothing "incoherent" about his run.

He has had an overall great run. There's a reason he's still on after all this time. I don't like some of the stuff he's done -- making Black Cat act out of character, how Ben was brought back, Alpha -- but he's had numerous great arcs like New Ways to Die, Ends of the Earth, Spider-Island, Spider-Verse, Superior, etc.

I have moved on. I haven't read Amazing Spider-Man since OMD.

This is hilarious and perfectly sums up the people who are still angry over OMD ten years later.

You haven't read the book in literally 10 years. Your opinion on it is therefore not valid.

Prompto

Banned
I've liked Slotts run the entire time for the most part.

I just didn't like the storyline where he introduced that new teenage hero...what was his name?
Are you talking about Alpha/Andrew Maguire?

Alpha-Marvel.jpg

Wonder if they'll make his middle name be Tom now

Vampfox

Banned
but he's had numerous great arcs like New Ways to Die, Ends of the Earth, Spider-Island, Spider-Verse, Superior, etc.

Spiderverse is crap too. I hated how Slott killed off the MC2 version of Peter Parker. It was a huge middle finger to Spider-Girl fans.

PsychBat!

Banned
Gonna be completely honest.

I have loved what Slott has done since Big Time (except Alpha) and Superior Spider-Man is the best Spidey story that's been written in the past decade.

BUT

With the exception of Superior Spidey, I have no intention of re-reading anything he's done.

Wanderer5

Oh my god lol (on a side note, I should actually finish Superior Spider-man via Unlimited if it all there).

Anyway, so happy that Homecoming is turning out very well. Hopefully I can check it out this weekend.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
How am I trolling?

Also there's a lot of Spider-Man fans besides myself who have hated the way Marvel's written Spider-Man since One More Day. Just check out the Spider-Man crawlspace forums.
You really dont get. You act like you know shit. But you dont. Reading reviews means shit. Read the books, then you are allowed of an opinion.

Like I said, its super pathetic.

LionPride

Banned
How am I trolling?

Also there's a lot of Spider-Man fans besides myself who have hated the way Marvel's written Spider-Man since One More Day. Just check out the Spider-Man crawlspace forums.
"How do you know what's actually happening?"
"I read reviews"

That can't be fuckin serious, leave. Please. Before you embarass yourself further.

Vampfox

Banned
That can't be fuckin serious, leave. Please. Before you embarass yourself further.
How am I embrassing myself?

Marvel is the one embarassing themselfs with bad stories like Spider-Man making a deal with the Devil.
Marvel really needs to undo OMD and get Peter and MJ together. They belong together.

Pachimari

Marvel is the one embarassing themselfs with bad stories like Spider-Man making a deal with the Devil.
Marvel really needs to undo OMD and get Peter and MJ together. They belong together.
Holy fuckin shit the fuck my nipples man, sthap.

LionPride

Banned

One More Day happened 10 years ago

Not 1, not 2, not 3, not 5, 10.

So much other shit has happened in that span and you still give a fuck about One More Day? That's sad. Like actually sad. Sadder than posting that you know what's going on in a comic run all because you read reviews.

phanphare

Banned
How am I trolling?

:hates the way Spider Man has been written since One More Day:

:hasn't read any Spider Man since One More Day:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Vampfox

Banned
Dont forget, he has read Renew Your Vowes
Yep I have read it. Nowadays it's the only good Spider-Man book.
Married Spider-Man is so much better than the overrated teenage version.

Anyway back on topic I'm disapointed that Michael Keaton is not playing Norman Osborn. Keaton's the only reason that I want to see this movie.

LionPride

Banned
Yep I have read it. Nowadays it's the only good Spider-Man book.
Married Spider-Man is so much better than the overrated teenage version.

Anyway back on topic I'm disapointed that Michael Keaton is not playing Norman Osborn. Keaton's the only reason that I want to see this movie.
Then you've been disappointed for the last year because we knew who he was playing for a year

Vampfox

Banned
Then you've been disappointed for the last year because we knew who he was playing for a year
Yeah I know but I think that he could have been a great Norman Osborn. It would give new meaning to the whole, "You Wanna Get Nuts? Let's Get Nuts!" line from Batman 89.

Sou Da

Yeah I know but I think that he could have been a great Norman Osborn. It would give new meaning to the whole, "You Wanna Get Nuts? Let's Get Nuts!" line from Batman 89.
He's got the hair at least. It's pretty clear that they didn't want to tread worn ground here though.

ZeoVGM

Banned

You literally don't have the ability to give an opinion on a comic book that you admitted you have not read in 10 years.

Not

Banned
Why are you all talking about Slott? Is he finally leaving?

A DECADE of Spider-Man with no chance of quality. Pretty disheartening.

I'll take Bendis' Miles over Slott's Peter whichever day of the week is most convenient for you and your loved ones.

Not

Banned
I guess I didn't hate Mr. Negative as a villain though. Menace had potential, but like everything else Slott did, was flubbed somehow.

LionPride

Banned
Hugh Jackman as Norman Osborn

Let him play the ultimate asshole.
Ain't no true villain till you get the girlfriend of your rival pregnant with twins and have him think they're his kids, kill the girlfriend(although Spider-Man killed her tbh), then tell him "hey I had sex with her while yall were a tad on the outs lol!"

Ain't no true villain till you get the girlfriend of your rival pregnant with twins and have him think they're his kids, kill the girlfriend(although Spider-Man killed her tbh), then tell him "hey I had sex with her while yall were a tad on the outs lol!"
Why you gotta bring back those memories?

Do you like seeing Spidey fans suffer?

Sandfox

Why are you all talking about Slott? Is he finally leaving?

A DECADE of Spider-Man with no chance of quality. Pretty disheartening.

I'll take Bendis' Miles over Slott's Peter whichever day of the week is most convenient for you and your loved ones.
Slott's Spider-Man isn't a decade of no quality. He has arguably written some of the best stories in the character's history.

Sou Da

Slott's Spider-Man isn't a decade of no quality. He has arguably written some of the best stories in the character's history.
He wrote one good story and that was kept together by Gage holding his hand. Everything else is capital A awful.

Wanderer5

Wait where is this from?XD

Top Bottom