• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man is Entering The Marvel Cinematic Universe

Karsha

Its a great news but i really don't want another reboot so soon. Just keep Garfield , start Civil War with the law and him removing the mask, it makes sense since the audience already knows him and his movie could be in continuity as far as we know, go with the civil war movie and than make ASM3 good and in the marvel universe.

MechDX

Take note of the image Marvel used for this announcement.
54d93e7042a10.jpg

Notice anything? Keep in mind that Marvel is all about the little details.

Winter Soldier Cap

When will the comic book
(more specifically MCU)
bubble pop? how long until audiences are tired of the same 'ol comic movies and stop going? especially with disney releasing 3 a year,i mean come on.

When will the comic book
(more specifically MCU)
bubble pop? how long until audiences are tired of the same 'ol comic movies and stop going? especially with disney releasing 3 a year,i mean come on.

Not anytime soon. IMO, Disney is doing a good job of making each movie feel different, even though they're all superhero films. It'd be like asking, when are audiances going to get tired of Comedy films, or Action films.

In fact, I think they can only go up from here (at least for the next decade or so)

Dalek

When will the comic book
(more specifically MCU)

Probably around the same time the romantic comedy bubble, murder mystery bubble, etc all pop.

Intro in Civil War most likely, nice. I expect the post-credits sequence of Age of Ultron to be Spidey related.

If the press release was more vague about when he's appearing - I could see it happening. They shot the original Avengers stinger just before release.

But they seem to be laying out the law on when and where he shows up. Sony's letting Marvel get one appearance, then right back into solo films. They'll let him play at Avengers time. I wouldn't bet on him making casual appearances.

Ithil

I don't see why they can't use Garfield. Enough with the rebooting shit lol

The MCU is an established universe, and the two Garfield Spider-Man films are a different established universe. You can't just pluck him from one series and dump him in another.

No origin needed except a quick recap in the opening credits, and he didn't get his powers until after the Battle for NY. Done and done, now give me a good Spidey movie for the first time in 13 years

J10

Banned

It'll probably be half reboot half sequel like Incredible Hulk. Keep the parts they want and throw away what they don't. His story should already be in motion.

Salsa

there are 5 spiderman films

I dont want no teenager stuff really

I want him to be grown up (not necessarely 30s, but out of highschool/college), already established with MJ or past her or whatever. Feige is smart and knows people dont need to keep being reminded or retold the same stuff over and over

just make as if nothing happened and start mid-way. A reboot, sure, but without need for any retelling or specific back story

They're pictured with the villain of Captain America 3?

3d6f756ad7a21989f61921f63b296a89.jpg

As for having an already established Spidey in the MCU, they can easily hand wave it away by showing some clips of Spidey helping people during the Chitauri invasion of NYC. Spider was fighting them off and saving people while the Avengers were doing their thing and not worrying or caring about Spidey.

When will the comic book
(more specifically MCU)
nothing_stops_this_train-9763.gif

The MCU has created a huge fanbase that's really unlike anything we've seen before so it's hard to say.

Ridley327

It's mainly politics in the face of disassociating the property with an underwhelming entry. Even if there were good things in ASM2, there was enough crap in it where it wouldn't be worthwhile to keep the good elements and expect people to not make a connection with Garfield and that film. Starting fresh was the only option on the table after that film came out.

Sheroking

When will the comic book
(more specifically MCU)

There are three superhero movies in 2015. Three. From two studios.

There are not nearly as many as people want to suggest.

Cloudy

Banned
The MCU is an established universe, and the two Garfield Spider-Man films are a different established universe. You can't just pluck him from one series and dump him in another.

Why not? Just ignore that universe. Same actor, "different" spiderman if you insist. This isn't a comic :p

I'm kind of speechless it actually happened, even though it was inevitable. I do wish they'd keep Garfield but oh well, this is still exciting.

Everyone knows Spidey's story. Marvel isn't Sony. I'll be damned if there's any kind of origin explanation outside a couple minute introduction

Neoxon

No Hulk? So Hulk gets shot off into space to go chill with the Guardians? Comes back and everyone teams up in Infinity War?
James Gunn said nobody from Earth beside Star-Lord. Plus he specially called out the Hulk rumors as bullshit.

No more stupid mechanical Web shooters pls
lolwut? This is Marvel Studios we're talking about, & they stick with the comics most of the time (there are exceptions, such as Iron Man 3). They're sticking with mechanical web-shooters.
Plus it retroactively makes sense that Peter lacks organic webbing because Silk has that power.

Top Bottom