• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man is Entering The Marvel Cinematic Universe

Dalek

We don't need his origin story for the third time in 15 years.

Mark my words. Marvel will do this ala The Incredible Hulk and have a montage showing his official annotated origin story over the opening credits. Establishes the true history for canon, but doesn't make the audience sit through it again.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
wkv9Ws6.jpg

..seriously, fuck you, Tony.

Ithil

When will the comic book
(more specifically MCU)
bubble pop? how long until audiences are tired of the same 'ol comic movies and stop going? especially with disney releasing 3 a year,i mean come on.

Given each phase has been branching out into different genres more and more, and the MCU itself is a major brand and draw....not soon.

Seems like people just see "well they're releasing a lot of movies, that must be uh, saturation, I think?" like they're suddenly an economics major.

Well, on the flip side hopefully it will be an 'older' Spider-Man that isn't in need of an origin story at any point.

Hell, just do what they did with Hulk. Treat is as the same character essentially.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Awesome news.

Tobey remains the definitive Spiderman. JK Simmons ths definitive Jonah. Bruce Campbell the definitive Bruce Campbell.

All is right in the world.

Jarmel

Banned
That's basically the gist of it. Sony's technically got oversight, but this deal wouldn't even happen if Sony higher-ups thought that oversight was to be trusted. You're not gonna hear Sony chirping unless the Marvel involvement somehow doesn't move the needle either financially or critically. I can't see that actually playing out, myself.

Yea I imagine Marvel is giving Sony oversight in name only, just to pacify some investors and head honchos. I would be highly surprised if Marvel agreed to this in the first place if they didn't have near complete control over the final product.

The deal is ASM universe has a negative feeling to it from audience goers and critics.

That is the reason why Garfield/Stone aren't being used despite them being damn fantastic in there roles.

Commodore

What would be incredible is if whoever they cast as Spidey remains secret, (IF they do add him in the Civil War role), and to reveal him when
Spidey reveals his identity at the end.

o_O

Ithil

Everyone knows Spidey's story. Marvel isn't Sony. I'll be damned if there's any kind of origin explanation outside a couple minute introduction

Not sure what that has to do with not using Garfield. I don't expect an origin story from Marvel's SM outside of maybe opening credits.

was gonna say miles teller spiderman with jk simmons back as jjj but i forgot he's in fantastic four lol.

cap 3 sounds like the marvel studios film to watch for. that's the real avengers imo. competent filmmakers, good movie preceded it, iron man, spiderman AND black panther.

What would be incredible is if whoever they cast as Spidey remains secret, (IF they do add him in the Civil War role), and to reveal him when
Spidey reveals his identity at the end.

o_O

that would take some GODLY top secret level shit not to reveal that before its devoured on the internet

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Im willing to have Dylan leave Teen Wolf if it means him becoming Spidey.
Even though the show would be awful without him.

Same :p

That doesn't necessarily mean it won't work schedule wise. IIRC, Teen Wolf shoots two half seasons and I think he's shooting the second Maze Runner movie of three soon (the fourth book is a prequel which doesn't feature his character).

Fox signed him for five movies.

You know damn well they will split the book three in two if the second movie grosses $500 million or more and that's likely where its headed.

I don't think he has the schedule availability but I'd love to see him in the role of Spidey.

Jarmel

Banned
Yea they're definitely not doing an origin story for the stand alone with Spider-Man appearing first as a cameo.

Top Bottom