• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man is Entering The Marvel Cinematic Universe

Salsa

Xmen aint happening

days of future past was too mucho of a hit and im sure Marvel tried but they're already probably making Scarlett Witch and Quicksilver Inhumans rather than Mutants so...

also let singer do his thing, no need to touch it

First pics from the new film!

SZgR0Pm.jpg

WXZ07uQ.jpg

Amy Pascal was (kinda) fired. that's what that tweet is about.

That's another sign that Sony is staying hands off - they're putting Amy Pascal, the woman they just more or less fired from running their studio, in charge of co-producing with Feige. Not Arad (who would absolutely be meddling) but Pascal.

I don't remember even seeing Arad's name in the release anywhere.

Which makes me wonder what they paid him to get him out of Feige's way.

edit: There he is. Exec Producer.

I saw the news on tumblr

"No way this is real"

Link took me to that press release from Marvel dot com

"No way this is real"

"Better check GAF to make sure"

I can't believe this

Cloudy

Banned
That makes a ton of sense for them. I guess Sony has to be banking on the movies doing a LOT better at the BO with Marvel than without. To put it in very basic terms, would you say that essentially Sony is paying Marvel a certain percentage of the movie's box office in order to have their creative team make the movies for them?

Yup. They now they are running the franchise into the ground with Spidey 3 and the ASM movies.

Prompto

Banned
He'd be really great but honestly, he's tied up with Teen Wolf in the first half of the year, and the last half shooting The Maze Runner for at least another two years :(

Im willing to have Dylan leave Teen Wolf if it means him becoming Spidey.
Even though the show would be awful without him.

pulga

Banned
The news isn't even the hardest part to believe, I'm more surprised someone beat Neoxon to the punch in what is arguably the biggest thing to ever happen to the MCU!
KuGsj.gif

I am fucking HYPE

SPIIIIDEEEEEEEYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!
3AQmK.gif

Ridley327

That's another sign that Sony is staying hands off - they're putting Amy Pascal, the woman they just more or less fired from running their studio, in charge of co-producing with Feige. Not Arad (who would absolutely be meddling) but Pascal.

They must have found a number he liked at long last.

Someone mentioned it earlier in this thread but it makes a ton of sense for them to go with a young Spiderman, someone who can potentially take over (and be a lot cheaper) than RDJ as the "face" of the MCU.

xewind

I still can't believe this is happening.... Hopefully the Spidey movie will not be another origins story.

Can't wait to finally see Spidey in the MCU!

Tsunamo

Even after all the rumors it's still hard to believe this is actually happening.

I can't believe i'm gonna be seeing Spidey in my Marvel films.

Afrodium

Banned
My money is on a teenage Spider-Man. The character is best when he's young, it's an easy way to explain why he hasn't popped up in the MCU yet, and they'll be able to use a younger actor much longer.

Neoxon

Take note of the image Marvel used for this announcement.
54d93e7042a10.jpg

Notice anything? Keep in mind that Marvel is all about the little details.

How do we get that load Avi Arad away from all of this? I know he and Kevin Fiege do not get along.

He's already away from all this. If he's in an exec producer role, that means he got himself a fat check cut. He's not gonna have any input into how this plays out.

Sheroking

He'd be really great but honestly, he's tied up with Teen Wolf in the first half of the year, and the last half shooting The Maze Runner for at least another two years :(

That doesn't necessarily mean it won't work schedule wise. IIRC, Teen Wolf shoots two half seasons and I think he's shooting the second Maze Runner movie of three soon (the fourth book is a prequel which doesn't feature his character).

Top Bottom