• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man is Entering The Marvel Cinematic Universe

Cipherr

Holy fucking shit.

I can't believe they were able to swing this with Sony. Now they have like everything they want for the MCU. Nothing stops this train.

MechDX

Captain-America-Salute-Reaction-Gif.gif

About time!

Finally!
I know people will be angry it's likely the Amazing franchise, but I'm happy about it.
Shame it likely won't be in time for Civil War, but they still have a lot of potential stuff to cover.

Are you sure about that? The article mentioned that "the new Spider-Man" will first appear in an MCU movie.

An-Det

Holy shit, this is exciting. Since they say 'collaborate on a new creative direction" and there's no mention of Garfield, I'd be surprised if he'd be back and expect they'd try to shed any relation to the TAS films.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Holy shit it's happening!

Article should be included of OP of the deal:

Sony Pictures Entertainment and Marvel Studios are joining forces on the next iteration of Spider-Man. Kevin Feige, who has steered a ton of hit franchise launches for Marvel, boards the project as producer. He will produce the next films with Amy Pascal, who just left the executive suites at Sony for a big production deal.

Under the deal, the new Spider-Man will first appear in a Marvel film from Marvel’s Cinematic Universe, and then Sony Pictures will thereafter release the next installment of its $4 billion Spider-Man franchise, on July 28, 2017. There had been rumors that Sony might sell the webslinger back to Marvel and Disney but that’s not what is happening. Instead, Sony keeps its top franchise but this opens the door to Marvel Comics’ biggest superhero being able to cross pollinate in the Marvel universe. That has been a key benefit in launching Marvel hits from Iron Man to The Avengers. There had been talk that Spidey would surface in an installment of Captain America. Now, that can happen.

Matt Tolmach and Avi Arad, who produced the most recent Amazing Spider-Man films, will be exec producers.

http://deadline.com/2015/02/spider-man-marvel-kevin-feige-amy-pascal-producers-1201370228/

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
"Sony Pictures will continue to finance, distribute, own and have final creative control of the Spider-Man films."

Welp, there goes most of my interest.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
This thread is going to be huge.

Silkworm

But is Spidey in MCU or is MCU now in Spidey? :p
Guess it doesn't matter which way they want to spin it but too bad "Sony Pictures will continue to finance, distribute, own and have final creative control of the Spider-Man films". :-\

Hexa

Zi4mTaR.gif

It's finally happening. And it looks like Sony is keeping publishing rights too? If so some pretty damn good negotiating must have gone on.

FStop7

Banned
I wonder if the NK hack forced the issue or if it was Sony's financial problems, in general. Maybe both. Either way, it's good for us.

Top Bottom