• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man is Entering The Marvel Cinematic Universe

JaxSteel

Neo Member
"PARKER! ...You look different since the last time I saw you. Did you change your hair?"

Cannot imagine anyone but JK as JJJ.

Neoxon

chris-pratt-dancing-1423323707.gif

This news has genuinely put me in an excellent mood.

Civil War is going to be insane.
I won't lie, I was dancing while singing "Come & Get Your Love" in the middle of the dorm hallway after seeing the news.

Anas

Banned
I am sorry he is the only reason to watch Teen Wolf. He can act.

Didn't see much of him in The Maze Runner.
BY THE WAY IT'S CONFIRMED THAT THE NEW SPIDER-MAN IS GOING TO BE PLAYED BY TOTALLY A NEW ACTOR THAT NEVER BEEN APPEARED IN ANY MOVIE

so don't get your hopes to high Brian fans

Trickster

Well this sucks, Spiderman is a very "meh" hero im. Having other movies like Black Panther delayed 8 freaking months just to accomedate Spiderman sucks immensely.

bigmase21

This is Amazing

lol so glad this news wasn't released later on like April Fools Day because that would have been one sick joke to play on us!

Hopefully Feige has a ton of control on the standalone Spidey films. You would think Sony is at least smart enough to realize Feige knows what he is doing and to let him do his thing.

This is rad. Marvel is just on fire right now. Its a bummer to see the other films pushed back but I feel like Spiderman being in the MCU will add even more legs to it. Having this sure fire bet makes the risk they are taking on some of these lesser known property's seem safer.

BY THE WAY IT'S CONFIRMED THAT THE NEW SPIDER-MAN IS GOING TO BE PLAYED BY TOTALLY A NEW ACTOR THAT NEVER BEEN APPEARED IN ANY MOVIE

No it wasn't. It was confirmed a brand new Spidey. Not an actor who has been in no movies.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.

The hell are you talking about? No it isn't. They just said a new actor for Spiderman....not a brand new actor period.

BUT GO AHEAD AND KEEP TYPING IN ALL CAPS AND BOLD.

MattyG

Banned

I don't think that's what was announced. They only said it'd be a new actor in terms of the franchise, a.k.a. not Garfield or Mcguire. They'd never hire a total unknown with no prior credits for a role that big.

antonz

Hopefully Feige has a ton of control on the standalone Spidey films. You would think Sony is at least smart enough to realize Feige knows what he is doing and to let him do his thing.

While sony gets final decisions you can bet Marvel has plenty of leverage. Sony plays ball or Marvel goes home and no cameos from iron man etc

BobLoblaw

Banned
I think Sony is going to completely back off and let Marvel do what they do.
Pretty much this. Spider-man will now have access to MCU characters and that's the one thing that can get Spider-man movies back on track. They'll let Marvel be Marvel as long as they can get a couple of cameos in a Spider-man movie.

Rand6

This news has genuinely put me in an excellent mood.

I honestly don't care about this (probably because I enjoyed every Spiderman movies), but Neogaf seems to love that, so I'm glad for you guys!

But could someone please explain to me :
-what Sony gains from this move (they will lose money because they have to pay Marvel, no?)
-what Marvel wins from this?

This is obviously very important for the Marvel Cinematic Universe. With Iron-Man, Thor, and Cap all having their contracts expire after Infinity War, I'd imagine some major characters will not be returning afterwards. We'll need a new character to be the 'anchor' for the second post-thanos (maybe maybe not) era of the marvel cinematic universe, and Spidey is just the guy for the job.

Will Spiderman be integrated into Avengers?

Definitley.

Prompto

Banned
Yep, he's great. Between Teen Wolf and Maze Runner I've seen him pull off every mannerism I associate with Peter Parker to fucking perfection.

Yup he would be perfect. He even did the whole getting possessed by an evil symbiote and turning bad thing in season 3.

Well this sucks, Spiderman is a very "meh" hero im. Having other movies like Black Panther delayed 8 freaking months just to accomedate Spiderman sucks immensely.
Yeah I get that but...
post-30526-Hot-Fuzz-greater-good-gif-Simo-fRNY.gif

I won't lie, I was dancing while singing "Come & Get Your Love" in the middle of the dorm hallway after seeing the news.
I'd probably be doing the same if my housemates didn't all have early starts tomorrow.

"PARKER! ...You look different since the last time I saw you. Did you change your hair?"

Cannot imagine anyone but JK as JJJ.
That would be the most incredible end of credits scene.

LiK

I honestly don't care about this (probably because I enjoyed every Spiderman movies), but Neogaf seems to love that, so I'm glad for you guys!

-what Sony gains from this move (they will lose money because they have to pay Marvel, no?)

Sony keeps Spidey and makes money

Marvel gets Spidey into MCU and makes money

To make more money and bring Spider Man to its former glory. Marvel gets its most popular property in the movies and brand protection.

Man Avi Arad must be incredibly sour this morning.

Good fuck him and anyone else who is sour about this that worked on SM3, AMS, and AMS2 , if they had done the simple job of making good to great Spiderman movies we wouldn't be here today. I'm happy about this but it only happened because they made 3 shitty Spiderman movies in a row.

Yup he would be perfect. He even did the whole getting possessed by an evil symbiote and turning bad thing in season 3.

Shit I really need to get caught up on Teen Wolf. I enjoyed the first two seasons despite how fucking ridiculous it was, but Stiles and Allison kept me coming back.

Pascal is still involved with Sony?

I thought she got axed last week?

Her deal with Sony keeps her as producer on the Spider-Man films.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/amy-pascal-step-down-top-755789

As often is the case with ousted studio heads, Pascal will launch a major new production venture at the studio. Pascal, whose deal was up in March, will transition to the new venture in May. As part of the deal, she will be a producer on the new Ghostbusters film as well as future Amazing Spider-Man outings (former Columbia Pictures president Matt Tolmach also segued to the role of Spider-Man producer after he exited his post).

Anas

Banned
oh god.. did I got this tweet wrong?

CONFIRMED: Andrew Garfield is NO LONGER Spider-Man. Someone new will be cast. First appearance in MCU, then solo film.

Okay.. I want Logan Lerman to play PP :)

How is this going to impact all of the world building concerning the terrine mists and inhumans in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Inhuman has now been delayed until 2019 and I doubt the show is even going to be on the air at that point.

Sheroking

he's the same guy.
but we all wanted to see a talented actor who can play spider-man
not another pretty boy.

Dylan O'Brien is a very good actor who just proved he can carry a blockbuster with a high degree of success.

Not sure what being a "pretty boy" has to do with it. Other than, you know, the character being portrayed as a pretty boy most of the time.

Prompto

Banned
Shit I really need to get caught up on Teen Wolf. I enjoyed the first two seasons despite how fucking ridiculous it was, but Stiles and Allison kept me coming back.

Shit sorry for spoiling it then. Season 3 was the peak of the show so its worth checking out.

Top Bottom