• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man is Entering The Marvel Cinematic Universe

Wait...I just realized is CW coming out the same year and after BvS.

Marvel must really be scared of that.

Lindsay-Lohan-Spits-Out-Drink.gif

assuredly brought up already, but...

Agents of Shield and the Netflix shows could use some Spidey characters :p

Maybe even in the Defenders Netflix thing they are doing. I mean Spiderman is mostly a street level hero in the comics right? The Netflix thing is in the MCU right?

Pics_nao

Captain America: Civil War - May 6, 2016
Doctor Strange - November 4, 2016
Guardians of the Galaxy 2 - May 5, 2017
Spider-Man - July 28, 2017
Thor: Ragnarök - November 3, 2017
Avengers: Infinity War (Part 1) - May 4, 2018
Black Panther - July 6, 2018
Captain Marvel - November 2, 2018
Avengers: Infinity War (Part 2) - May 3, 2019
Inhumans - July 12, 2019
BP after Infinity Part 1? I don't like this. :(

Come and get your love
Come and get your love
Come and get your love
Come and get your love

Come and get your love, come and get your love, come and get your love, now

Really excited by this. I had never seen Dylan O'Brien in anything before, but after seeing this video, I really want him to be the new Spider-Man.

yeah the more i see of him the more i want him to be spiderman but i dont want to get so into him and then he's not chosen and it's like something disappointing....

he's like Peter parker/spidey 100 percent

Neoxon

Come and get your love, come and get your love
Come and get your love, now (X4)
Come and get your love
Come and get your love
Come and get your love
Come and get your love

jph139

Goddamn. This is some NEWS.

I'm particularly excited after reading a ton of Ultimate Spider-Man recently; the Ultimate Universe's vision of a more integrated world made for some great interactions. Particularly Spidey and Nick Fury - hopefully we can get some of that. And Norman Osborn... man, so many possibilities!

Drayco21

Was he? I thought he was part of the spider verse.

He's no more a Spider-character than Daredevil, Luke Cage, Punisher or Jessica Drew. They fight more or less the same level of crime in the same areas, so they crossover more often than others, but he's not a Spider character.

Captain America: Civil War - May 6, 2016
Doctor Strange - November 4, 2016
Guardians of the Galaxy 2 - May 5, 2017
Spider-Man - July 28, 2017
Thor: Ragnarök - November 3, 2017
Avengers: Infinity War (Part 1) - May 4, 2018
Black Panther - July 6, 2018
Captain Marvel - November 2, 2018
Avengers: Infinity War (Part 2) - May 3, 2019
Inhumans - July 12, 2019

feelsgood.jpg

Anth0ny

god damn they might do venom right

god damn they can do the black suit in a way that actually makes sense now

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Wurst

Talk about best pay off ever.
Still can't wrap my mind around the fact that this probably all started with to stoners joking about killing a North Korean dictator... wow.

- J - D -

Such great news. Only sad thing is that we already have the absolutely perfect Peter Parker/Spider-Man and DC already grabbed him first.

Grant-Gustin-The-Flash-On-Set-P2-Tom-Lorenzo-Site-TLO%20%282%29.jpg

antonz

Funny thing about this is just how lowkey it was. Just all of a sudden thrown out on the internet. People always expect a big event or something for something this scale

PopeReal

Wait, so Marvel can have Green Goblin, Venom, etc show up or will they stay in Spiderman movies? And can MCU villians go fight Spiderman?

Merc_

This is the first and hopefully proper MCU version of Spiderman. That's a huge deal! He's one of the most important marvel characters and he's finally home. We will still get those other stories so nothing is lost.

I like Spidey, but that doesn't change the fact that it's yet another reboot. A reboot that I doubt is going to be all that different from the previous movies. Watching new characters get sidelined for nearly an extra year for this is pretty shitty.

Funny thing about this is just how lowkey it was. Just all of a sudden thrown out on the internet. People always expect a big event or something for something this scale

They most likely just finished the deal. They probably wanted to announce it themselves ASAP and not have a rumor site break it first.

Wait, so Marvel can have Green Goblin, Venom, etc show up or will they stay in Spiderman movies? And can MCU villians go fight Spiderman?

MCU characters can go to Spider-Man films and vice-versa.

I'm excited by this. It's cooled off since, but I think most boys go through a phase where there is no greater superhero than Spider-Man. There are so many possibilities this opens up.

On the other hand, it's kinda sad to see all of the ASM work get thrown to the wayside. I didn't think they where good movies either, and I much preferred the old Raimi flicks, but I think it was more of a case of Sony being clueless rather than the people involved in the actual series sucking.

I just think back to Comic Con 2011 and Andrew Garfield coming up in costume and spilling his guts about his love of Spider-Man and how touching it was and then seeing how far things have been taken since that point for better or worse. I think he could have been a really great Spider-Man if he had been given more to work with.

Oh and Marvel still has a huge bar to clear when it comes to Peter's love life. I doubt they'll get much better than Emma Stone and Garfield.

neoanarch

It might be way too much trouble to get minor characters like Flash Thompson to cameo in other movies. They'll probably stick to major characters in major roles.

Top Bottom