• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man is Entering The Marvel Cinematic Universe

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
Spider-ManScratchHead10f.gif
marvel_vs__capcom__iron_man_system_check_sprite_by_speedthehedgehog101-d58m9v4.gif
tumblr_mcbh95Cb1f1qlm50j.gif
animated%20thor.gif

...it's gonna happen y'all.

Flintty

But how to explain him not being there during alien invasion in Avengers 1, or why that invasion or any other Marvel hero was not mentioned in ASM films?

Exactly, I think origins is required but they should tie it up fairly quickly. Or they can take the hulk approach and show his origins in the opening credits.

What's the rush for having Spider-Man back so quickly that you have to push other movies back? Just have him come out in Phase 4, let the franchise breathe. The worst thing Sony did was rebooting it only a decade after the Raimi movies, now we are getting something new in a shorter span of time. There's no rush Marvel.

Sony likely doesn't want to wait, they need this IP to be back to it's formal glory asap and it seems like they had no clue what to do after this latest one.

Marvel/ Disney don't wanna wait cause big shits going down in the movies and they want to establish SM as being apart of all of it as he's the ONE in Marvel IPs.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
So... after re-purchasing Infamous Second Son, I forgot how jaw dropping and gorgeous this game is. It is arguably one of the better looking next gen titles. Let's stop playing favorites and be realistic some Studios/Devs are just a cut above the rest.
With Sony inking a deal with Marvel to bring Spider-Man to the MCU...They should seek exclusive rights and let Sucker Punch make the next Spidey game we all deserve!! Could you imagine letting Sucker Punch running free with their version of Manhattan and Spidey zipping through it!?!?! Match made in game/comic heaven. What do you think?

Would love to see this.

Hex

Banned
What's the rush for having Spider-Man back so quickly that you have to push other movies back? Just have him come out in Phase 4, let the franchise breathe. The worst thing Sony did was rebooting it only a decade after the Raimi movies, now we are getting something new in a shorter span of time. There's no rush Marvel.

Because he fits the story for Civil War.
He was a large part in the comic story line.
Not only that, it is huge money and will be a huge thing when going into seasons with Star Wars and Batman v Superman.

Get him in play, the push backs are small and this way they get in sync with Sony so that things work back and forth.

Tobor

But how to explain him not being there during alien invasion in Avengers 1, or why that invasion or any other Marvel hero was not mentioned in ASM films?

Avengers 1 will have been 5 years in the past when the new Spiderman movie comes out.

You start the movie with Spidey already being Spidey for a year so he's still in high school. No conflicts. No origin necessary.

.la1n

This is great news don't get me wrong but I remain skeptical of the franchise until full control has been relinquished back to Marvel.

I can feel the days of sleepless nights of the team of people working on every line of that press release while I read it.

Thats a carefully crafted press release right there

TimFL

So... after re-purchasing Infamous Second Son, I forgot how jaw dropping and gorgeous this game is. It is arguably one of the better looking next gen titles. Let's stop playing favorites and be realistic some Studios/Devs are just a cut above the rest.
With Sony inking a deal with Marvel to bring Spider-Man to the MCU...They should seek exclusive rights and let Sucker Punch make the next Spidey game we all deserve!! Could you imagine letting Sucker Punch running free with their version of Manhattan and Spidey zipping through it!?!?! Match made in game/comic heaven. What do you think?
PS4 exclusive Spider-Man game?

I wouldn't be too bothered by that, if it means we get a proper Spidey game that way.

Hex

Banned
Why wasn't Daredevil there?
It can be explained away with when the Spider Man stories happened and I am sure they will come up with something in passing.

Hoping we get an older Peter this time, and assuming they literally base it on the comics, then it should be expected. I think people get the idea of teen Peter growing into the role and so on. Just introduce Pete already established as Spider-Man and take it from there. Introduce Miles down the road as the new teen that needs to grow into a hero.

I want to see Pete actually trying to build his life/career now. Fly through his teen years in a prologue credit scene, and leave all the teen shenanigans for Miles' debut.

Just my thoughts at the moment. I'm not against teen Pete (again), but I think this route gives better room for Miles. Unless they do some time skip/MCU reboot in Phase 4...

Edit: Actually makes perfect sense to have older Peter for Civil War, and his 2017 solo potentially be half (or 1/4) teen based. Options are available!

Dynomutt

Doesnt matter when the PC version was shitty.
The consoel version is still the definitive Spider-Man game.

Understood, but I don't think that anyone would want to play that Spider-Man game now. Spider-Man is meant to have a sense of exhilarating speed with his movements. That game had the ultimate potency and was good for its time. Unfortunately the game does not stand the test of time.

But, I have no doubt the possibilities if that same game was rendered from the ground up using the gaming resources we have today it could be made the way it was envisioned.

Because he fits the story for Civil War.
He was a large part in the comic story line.
Not only that, it is huge money and will be a huge thing when going into seasons with Star Wars and Batman v Superman.

Get him in play, the push backs are small and this way they get in sync with Sony so that things work back and forth.
He's important to the Civil War story in the comics, where the dangers of having a secret identity have been hammered into the reader's head for years. It gave that moment more impact.

I feel like Spidey just popping up out of nowhere in MCU Civil War, in a story that's been building towards Steve vs Tony ideology for reasons not hinging on secret identities like in the comics, will just feel so forced.

Dynomutt

PS4 exclusive Spider-Man game?

I wouldn't be too bothered by that, if it means we get a proper Spidey game that way.

Yes a "proper" game. No matter how good people say the past games have been they always missed a certain feeling or mechanic.

How is inFAMOUS Second Son one the best superhero games look and gameplay when it doesn't even try to be. It's fluid free-running Spidey in Seattle with web-less elemental powers.

Dynomutt

This is amazing news! Marvel, please go after X-men next!

Wouldn't say they "went after" Spidey it's clear this was mutually in the works. For some reason I just don't see Fox giving up X-Men or Marvel caring. Too many "team" movies. Avengers and Guardians... we don't need another. But.. maybe we do?

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ

That's maybe too long, plus this is a nice insertion point for Spidey into MCU [and Sony likes money also]. Sony is under contract that they must produce Spiderman films in a certain time period or the film license goes back to Marvel. FOX is under similar contract, they cannot leave their franchise to rest. Fantastic Four reboot started production just months before license for that property was set to return to Marvel.

he was in another part of the city helping people, not like he would know where to go to stop the invasion only shield knew what was going on.

Pop

I don't really understand this news. Isn't Spiderman already a Marvel IP?

Can someone explain.

He's now apart of the MCU.

I'm super excited for Spidey but this better not fuck up other movies besides being pushed back. Really want BP to get his due, my most anticipated movie.

DeathyBoy

Banned
No it doesn't actually and there's nothing worrying about it.

The black panther movie is delayed, not cancelled and regardless it's fuck all to do with race unless you're trying to say Marvel is like Pro-White or some stupid ass shit.

UNFORTUNATE IMPLICATIONS.

I didn't, and haven't, said they are racist or sexist. Because they aren't. Unfortunate implications means, without meaning to, they have entered into awkward territory. They pushed Black Panther back because Spider-Man will make more money. While that is a fact, it's also very sad that their first 'move away from their formula' film is being shunted back for one that absolutely falls into their formula.

And I'm sure Spider-Man will be a fun film. It's just not as interesting to me as seeing how they'd put Wakanda and Black Panther on the screen. Especially after seeing two takes on Spider-Man in live-action already.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Oh, here come all the boring Miles Morales fans to tell us how one year of Bendis-Man is more interesting than the 50 years of glorious Peter Parker.

Kid doesn't even have his own villains yet, he's a non-entity.

Dynomutt

lol..indeed. Wow. So it's actually happening. Exciting times, folks. Not thrilled about the Phase 3 bump at all, but hey, we can have a good old fashion race riot up in here. Happy BHM, y'all..

Actually my understanding is with the latest earnings release, the hack barely affected them financially that is.

SonnyBoy

Bah, get Fantastic Four first....then throw out the Fantastic Four so we can get Silver Surfer/Galactus and other FF-related cosmic entities into MCU!

I want it all! LOL

Wouldn't say they "went after" Spidey it's clear this was mutually in the works. For some reason I just don't see Fox giving up X-Men or Marvel caring. Too many "team" movies. Avengers and Guardians... we don't need another. But.. maybe we do?

There's always room for a properly done X-men movie. I'm not a fan of the previous efforts by any stretch of the imagination. But I think I'm in the minority.

Dynomutt

Oh, here come all the boring Miles Morales fans to tell us how one year of Bendis-Man is more interesting than the 50 years of glorious Peter Parker.

Kid doesn't even have his own villains yet, he's a non-entity.

I feel you on that. They should make the best movie not a just cause.

Top Bottom