• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man is Entering The Marvel Cinematic Universe

TimFL

Oh, here come all the boring Miles Morales fans to tell us how one year of Bendis-Man is more interesting than the 50 years of glorious Peter Parker.

Kid doesn't even have his own villains yet, he's a non-entity.

This

go awaywith your Miles hype. I don't want it anywhere near my Parker MCU films. Peter is Spider-Man, the day he is not in the MCU is the day I quit watching.

They can introduce him in 20 years when they're done with the MCU and are about to reboot it.

Texar

Banned
What a time to be alive, my little nephew who is 5yrs old absolutely loves the marvel films and Spiderman. I cant wait to see his face light up when he sees all of them together in one movie.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Oh, here come all the boring Miles Morales fans to tell us how one year of Bendis-Man is more interesting than the 50 years of glorious Peter Parker.

Miles is so important that they dont even let
stay Peter dead
in his universe.

DeathyBoy

Banned
What a time to be alive, my little nephew who is 5yrs old absolutely loves the marvel films and Spiderman. I cant wait to see his face light up when he sees all of them together in one movie.

Awesome. Tad miffed Black Panther's delayed, but these films are for kids. And kids should see all their superheroes fighting after comical misunderstandings.

Azih

I really wish I could see the text of the signed deal. I gotta imagine it's something like.

1. Fiege is in charge of shit.
2. Don't mess with Fiege.
3. Sony can save face in PR. Whatever.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
tumblr_mfahlhVqKW1qlwb72o2_r2_500.jpg

Sojgat

I really wish I could see the text of the signed deal. I gotta imagine it's something like.

1. Fiege is in charge of shit.
2. Don't mess with Fiege.
3. Sony can save face in PR. Whatever.

I'm guessing that would be about the size of it.

Marvel wants Spidey, but they wouldn't risk Sony shitting up the MCU with weird creative decisions.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
This

go awaywith your Miles hype. I don't want it anywhere near my Parker MCU films. Peter is Spider-Man, the day he is not in the MCU is the day I quit watching.

They can introduce him in 20 years when they're done with the MCU and are about to reboot it.

fuck that if Marvel decides to introduce Miles as Spiderman I would support it.... its not like we don't already have 2 attempts to tell the same peter parker story already

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Miles is so important that they dont even let
stay Peter dead
in his universe.

Miles "I quit being Spider-Man for longer than I've actually been him" Morales. His incredible exclusive rogues gallery of Sketchy shit Uncle, and backup cast featuring Autistic Lego-Loving Duder and Really Crap Father. Its a recipe for scintillating success!!

Miles Morales downs Thanos with one venom blast. Movie-goers demand their ticket price back. Other audiences don't quite have the fierce stockholm syndrome that comic lifers do.

I'm guessing that would be about the size of it.

Marvel wants Spidey, but they wouldn't risk Sony shitting up the MCU with weird creative decisions.

I also like the fact that the Marvel press release says that SONY is letting Marvel in. I'm sure that was part of the contract as to not let Sony look like they're begging or they need help. But we know the truth.

Whew.

Also,i just gotta ask.

Why in the hell would marvel sign a contract wherein a studio has access to a superhero indefinitely as long as they keep making movies.

Why the fuck would you sign this contract?

Feige is playing the long con. In time, Sony will just sign the rights to Spidey over to Marvel after his value shoots through the roof after a couple of MCU movies.

Lirlond

Whew.

Also,i just gotta ask.

Why in the hell would marvel sign a contract wherein a studio has access to a superhero indefinitely as long as they keep making movies.

Marvel was in a really bad place when they sold those rights, a REALLY bad place

Sojgat

Whew.

Also,i just gotta ask.

To get creative control of the character in the films (they already got back all the merchandise rights).

It's in Marvel's interest not to let Sony keep damaging the property by churning out awful movies.

They'll get him back eventually.

I wonder if Black Panther will still be part of Civil War. I almost prefer that he wasn't as he will just get overshadowed by Spider-Man/That is a lot of characters to introduce in one movie.

I want a Blade movie instead of Black Panther movie. Maybe Marvel will make an effort to get Blade back. I can't stand Black Panther from what I ahve seen of him. He sounds like such a douche.

Amazing that this actually came-through. Sony really needed this.
Sony retains the IP and creative direction. It's a great deal for them.

RangerX

Banned
As someone who has been reading spider-man for over 25 years, who is probably my favourite fictional character of all time, the joy that is felt in my heart could fuel a 1000 suns. I really liked Andrew Garfield in the role but to see Spider-man back where he belongs is nerdgasmtastic. Hopefully they adapt some of his greatest stories for the solo films and forget what they've done so far. Civil war will make a lot more sense too.

Does this mean the sinister sixand other spin-offs are gone too? Do we know if Sony are still intent on persuing their own cinematic universe (or a guess side cinemaic universe) now?

I'm really interested to see what was offered to Sony for Spiderman, because one has to imagine they have tried the same on Fox... Who have probably rebuked Marvel because the Xmen films are pretty good.

Hex

Banned
Whew.

Also,i just gotta ask.

Because they do not have to spend as much money and they get the rights that they need, plus they get a hand in Sony's movies.
They will make bank on it with minimal up front.
I am sure there were also considerations on the back end also that we will not be privy to.
Sony is not selling.
People need to get that stupid idea out of their heads, no matter how bad Spidey movies are they make money.
It is a bank that Sony can go to on a regular basis.
So Marvel found a way to get what they want while giving Sony what they want.
Win/Win

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
The Hulk is doing just fine right now. In fact the third time was the charm.

they haven't made a hulk movie in how many years? I'm not saying they aren't going to use peter but how many times do I see to see uncle ben die and hear that "with power comes responsibility spiel over a 2 hour movie again?

Ooh that's really exciting! Can't wait to see peter in the big screen with the rest of the marvel cast! This is going to be exciting. Also no miles kid please, he's lame.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
they haven't made a hulk movie in how many years? I'm not saying they aren't going to use peter but how many times do I see to see uncle ben die and hear that "with power comes responsibility spiel over a 2 hour movie again?

Somebody needs to edit the link to the leaked email in the OP, where Marvels plans to do not another Origin were revealed.

Village

When most of those years are strait dookie it isn't hard.

And I like spidermens, peters comic track record tho... wooof.

Top Bottom