• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man is Entering The Marvel Cinematic Universe

bengraven

They're gonna go for a young spider-man for sure. They need someone that can carry the role for years to come. Especially when a lot of the established MCU actors are on their way out.

I was JUST thinking this. It's very important for Marvel to get Spider-man, because with Evans and especially Downey talking about going out...and less reliable franchises left to start...they need a rock.

Angelcurio

Awesome news, it's finally happenninng, now it's the perfect time to post the it's happening bunker gif. I just hope that Spiderman ends up being included in Civil War, it just makes too much sense.

Afrodium

Banned
It'll be interesting to see which direction they go in with the series.

And if he's appearing in Civil War, do you think he'll have to deal with
his identity being revealed
?

It's unlikely that he'd even reveal his identity in his first movie, so assuming he'll reveal his identity before his first film is crazy talk. Given that Cap 3 isn't even a Spidey movie, I doubt they'll have enough time to establish him enough for his reveal to be meaningful in any way.

E the Shaggy

Spidey - "NYC City was under attack, I was over on the other side of one of the biggest cities on earth fighting aliens with laser weapons with the power of punches. The media, thanks in part to Jameson, won't give me credit, so that's why I don't have a toy line."

Stark - "Huh, I thought you were just a ploy to sell tabloids."

There. Mystery solved.

Would fucking die if they had a scene where Spidey was trying to get involved in these big battles and something happened like his web shooters broke or he got pinned under a fat guy/hit with a brick.

Considering they literally moved all of Phase 3 to get him in, he's got to be a part of Civil War to some degree. Panther gettin' bumped

Mully

Andrew Garfield is a fine Spiderman. I know they want to head in a new direction, but I don't think the public wants to have to sit through another origins story again.

Neoxon

Andrew Garfield is a fine Spiderman. I know they want to head in a new direction, but I don't think the public wants to have to sit through another origins story again.
Fortunately for you & the general public, you won't have to. Based on the SonyGate leaks, Marvel's gonna go the Incredible Hulk approach with Spidey's origin or skip the origin entirely.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Hulk kicks Spider-Man into the Hudson.

3584833-8862240487-23999.jpg

3584834-6949405134-23999.jpg

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
Hopefully they just do an origin montage a la The Incredible Hulk. It worked well there, and it would serve the MCU series well too.

They don't have to show the origin all over again. Everybody knows Spider-Man's origin, just like everybody knows Batman's and Superman's origin. You can skip it.

They still need to cut Garfield to make it really clear that this is a fresh start and that none of the material from ASM1/2 applies to continuity.

Oh, and no Green Goblin or Osborn family stuff in general for a really, really long time, please.

LET THE RUSSO BROTHERS DIRECT THE NEXT SPIDERMAN.

LET THE RUSSO BROTHERS DIRECT THE NEXT SPIDERMAN

PLEASE LET THE RUSSO BROTHERS DIRECT THE NEXT SPIDERMAN

Azih

Disney/Marvel basically turned Sony Pictures into a vassal that's going to pump out Spiderman solo movies for them under their close watch.

Would fucking die if they had a scene where Spidey was trying to get involved in these big battles and something happened like his web shooters broke or he got pinned under a fat guy/hit with a brick.

Ohhhhh I want this to happen now. This needs to happen.

Opening of his new solo movie is a flashback to this scene. "Ow. Ow. Ow. Oh god. Spider-Man no more."

Neoxon

LET THE RUSSO BROTHERS DIRECT THE NEXT SPIDERMAN.

LET THE RUSSO BROTHERS DIRECT THE NEXT SPIDERMAN

PLEASE LET THE RUSSO BROTHERS DIRECT THE NEXT SPIDERMAN
The Russos have Infinity War to do after Civil War & Joss Whedon is stepping down from the director's chair after Age of Ultron.

E the Shaggy

So, what are the chances FOX relinquishes their rights to the X-Men and the Fantastic Four to Feige?

Never, especially X-Men.

Sony shit up the Spider-Man franchise but good, allowing for this to happen because they have no idea what they're doing. It was a combination of ASM2's piss poor performance and the leaks.

Fox is making bank with X-Men, and even if they don't pull of a win with Fantastic Four, they'll hold onto the property regardless.

I bet he will be introduced to MCU as part of the Civil War registration act. Either Tony/Cap does some research to find him or he finds Tony/Cap after they meet with US officials trying to enact the registration bill.

The Hermit

Amazing news, Wolverine and the Fantastic Four in Phase 4. Get on the bandwagon Fox.

F4 yeah, only for Doom and Galactus.

But X-Men no. People don't realize that Fox owning and making a decent run with X-men is a blessing in disguise.

We are getting Dr Strange, Black Panther and even Ant Man much sooner (or at all) because of that.

Tobor

So, what are the chances FOX relinquishes their rights to the X-Men and the Fantastic Four to Feige?

Xmen, none. Marvel had Sony by the short hairs due to the merchandising deal they made. Sony made nothing from merchandising. Fox has a much better deal.

If the new FF bombs, then it's possible a deal could be made there. Fox let daredevil go after all.

FTFY. Though seriously, the Russos can't do everything.

Honestly though, I'd rather them hand off Captain America and focus on establishing Spiderman the same way the did with CA. The combat in Spiderman has never been crazy and they still haven't shown how powerful he really is. I think with Civil War pt 2, someone else will already have the universe, choreography and tone laid out for them to just take over.

I'd love if they could do their take on Spiderman. They really seem to want to do it based on the leaks.

Spiderman & Infinity Wars IMO.

Top Bottom