• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man is Entering The Marvel Cinematic Universe

Jigorath

Banned
They ruined it too.
Basically by not even attempting to negiotiate with Marvel about the X-Men's, Deadpools and the Fantastic Four's appearance in any Avengers or other Marvel crossover movie.

Why does FOX need to negotiate? X-men is doing just fine under their wing. We have no idea how Deadpool and F4 will perform, they could end up big hits.

Busty

Banned
Fox's party was always shit, but we didn't realize it until the kick ass party started next door.

I've never really liked any of Fox's Marvel output beyond the first X-Men film and I have zero confidence that will change anytime soon, even with Apocalypse and Gambit etc.

While X-Men:First Class was enjoyable I thought it was a better film than Days Of Future Past which I felt was a solid but largely overrated film.

E the Shaggy

B9dUZgUCMAADdu4.jpg

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Calling it right now, Richard & Mary Parker will be in the second season of Agent Carter.

That would be amazing

Maybe, but after 2 movies series in the last 15 years I think I'm done with Peter Parker for now. I don't want to see any more Mary Jane or Gwen Stacey love story stuff with Peter for a while, it would be nice to see them do something different. I think it will be interesting how this reboot of Marvel treats Spidey, could be some clues about things going forward.

As for Civil War, I don't think Spider-Man would have the same role he had in the series, I feel that requires too much set up as to why he needs to hide who he is and why he trusts Stark to unmask. I'd rather see them give him the role of Speedball in it, a young untrained hero, does something he shouldn't and causes a villain to kill lots of people. Spidey gets the blame for it all.

That would be amazing..... maybe make the civil war more about Tony forcing heroes to be trained or imprisoned than about secret identity registration

DeathyBoy

Banned
Why does FOX need to negotiate? X-men is doing just fine under their wing. We have no idea how Deadpool and F4 will perform, they could end up big hits.

And Marvel owning a near monopoly on superhero films is not a good thing.

Competition makes them better. Shit, the MCU only exists because of how successful OTHER STUDIOS films were.

Neoxon

UPDATE: Calling it right now, Richard & Mary Parker will be in the third season of Agents of SHIELD.

Competition makes them better. Shit, the MCU only exists because of how successful OTHER STUDIOS films were.
This is Sony we're talking about. They offered about as much competition as an infant.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I don't see how that statement is at all true at the moment.
Because the Marvel brand is what's drawing attention now. That was the real lesson of Guardians: not that an unknown weird IP could succeed necessarily, but that Marvel's brand is itself where the value lies now. Now that we've seen their six year plan this is more true then ever.

Yeah it's true. As beautiful as the full Marvel universe would be on screen, I don't have that much faith in Disney. Plus it's just too many properties. Look how people were upset at the delays because of the addition of Spidey alone. Add X-Men and FF to the same universe and I'm never getting a Ghost Rider movie again. Marvel has more than enough to pull from as it is. Spidey filled their biggest gap.

With competition from Fox and WB, they have motivation to strive to be the best. Even if i don't care much about Fox's output and am skeptical about DC's plans, I'm glad they're happening. I'm not worried about fatigue because there is so much variety in these movies, much more than typical blockbusters about a dude seeking vengeance or uncovering a conspiracy.

Can't wait for Agent Venom.

DeathyBoy

Banned
UPDATE: Calling it right now, Richard & Mary Parker will be in the third season of Agents of SHIELD.

This is Sony we're talking about. They offered about as much competition as an infant.

Marvel would've been ecstatic if any pre-Avengers film made ASM 2 money.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Spidey needs to be in his late twenties / young thirties for this. I've had enough school drama in my Spiderman films.

cLOUDo

Garfield: "it was everything I ever dreamed of as a kid."

i feel sad for Garfield, he just have back luck with the awful script

Zeus Molecules

don't underestimate blade.

Also those X-Men TV rumors make me thinks there is hope for collaboration between the two. Marvel has things that Fox wants. A TV show and some product placement for the X-Men films for maybe a FF collabo?

Cheebo

Banned
Calling it right now, Richard & Mary Parker will be in the second season of Agent Carter.
Agent Carter is not going to get a second season. It's ratings are pretty weak. It's widely expected to not get renewed.

Not to mention if Peter's parents were adults in the 1940's that would very bizarre in terms of Peter's age.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician

Fox can keep the X-mem as far as I'm concerned, they're doing just fine with them. But Sony shat the bed with Spider-Man

Ovek

7Member7
Spiderman's new origin will be the Chitauri attacking the Oscorp Industries HQ and experimental lab in NewYork during the events of Avengers just when a school pays a visit (for some reason). Queue bullshit reason for radioactive spiders, explosions and one bitten Peter Parker. ;)

Busty

Banned
Because the Marvel brand is what's drawing attention now. That was the real lesson of Guardians: not that an unknown weird IP could succeed necessarily, but that Marvel's brand is itself where the value lies now. Now that we've seen their six year plan this is more true then ever.

The Marvel brand is successful, visible and well known to audiences but it is not some all encompassing drum which the audience will mindlessly turn up for regardless. GOTG was a good film, that's why it was a hit at the end of the day.

I was replying to the previous post were you said that 'internet hype' was translating into actual box office.

Not the same thing.

erlim

yes, that talented of a member
I hope it's Tobey Maguire again so we don't have to go through ANOTHER reboot. Also it would be nice that since the film is released in the winter time, the movie takes place in the winter time and it's Kravens last hunt.

Cheebo

Banned
As long as it's not cancelled mid-series. It was advertised as a limited series anyways, though. :(

The writers of the show said they had ideas for a season 2, as the article outlined limited series means limited episode order, not limited seasons. They hoped for a season 2 but there is no chance of it happening, it deputed poorly and only fell since then. It just never clicked with audiences for whatever reason.

DeathyBoy

Banned
Spiderman's new origin will be the Chitauri attacking the Oscorp Industries HQ and experimental lab in NewYork during the events of Avengers just when a school pays a visit (for some reason). Queue bullshit reason for radioactive spiders, explosions and one bitten Peter Parker. ;)

I hope Daredevil's origin is his Dad was a low-level enforcer for the Chitauri, smuggling weapons and shit, but Matt got caught by an exploded Chitauri gun and gained superpowers for reasons. Kingpin is actually a Chitauri general.

Busty

Banned
I hope it's Tobey Maguire again so we don't have to go through ANOTHER reboot. Also it would be nice that since the film is released in the winter time, the movie takes place in the winter time and it's Kravens last hunt.

Don't do that to yourself man.

You know that's never going to happen.

Reboot. Reboot. Reboot.

Ovek

7Member7
I hope Daredevil's origin is his Dad was a low-level enforcer for the Chitauri, smuggling weapons and shit, but Matt got caught by an exploded Chitauri gun and gained superpowers for reasons. Kingpin is actually a Chitauri general.

Well I would hope so to. :p

As someone who has been reading spider-man for over 25 years, who is probably my favourite fictional character of all time, the joy that is felt in my heart could fuel a 1000 suns. I really liked Andrew Garfield in the role but to see Spider-man back where he belongs is nerdgasmtastic. Hopefully they adapt some of his greatest stories for the solo films and forget what they've done so far. Civil war will make a lot more sense too.

Took the words out of my mouth. Welcome home Spidey.

Neoxon

Marvel would've been ecstatic if any pre-Avengers film made ASM 2 money.
You realize TASM2 made $65 million in profits before subsidies, right? Not to mention the fact that every other 2014 comic book movie outgrossed it. Marvel's really good when it comes to making the most of each dollar.

Zeus Molecules

Oh yeah, those guys too! Silver Surfer especially.

They could bolster the cosmic side of the MCU forever with the FF rights.

It's all about my boy Doom.

doom, galactus, the skrulls, silver surfer, terrax..... FF has a lot of good characters attached.

Great, now we can have a great Spidey/Venom movie with the symbiote having come to earth when the Chitauri invaded

i can't think of better spiderman movie idea post infinity war than that actually

Top Bottom