• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man is Entering The Marvel Cinematic Universe

This immediately makes Captain America 3 Civil War a better film. I have to assume that if this partnership ends up as beneficial as both parties hope, that maybe a deal for Wolverine or unused X-men characters could happen.

Tobor

I think it's the opposite, he's the main man, and the two biggest cinematic marvel franchises are playing second fiddle to him. There's a new boss.

This. Chris Evans IS Captain America, and everyone respects him.

If he broke the fourth wall and started giving the audience orders, they'd salute and get to work.

Blader

I still don't think these movies will happen, and imagine the only reason they're still in this nebulous development is to help Sony save face a little on the deal. They're really emphasizing that this is a partnership and not Marvel coming to the rescue, and it can't look good for Sony if they suddenly cancel everything they had planned -- even if that's what they ultimately end up doing -- the second this deal comes together.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
OMG some of you people are never happy.

I'd be happy with no Spidey in the MCU, and trading the TV X-Men rights for FF.

I am not happy with Sony maintaining creative control and releasing potentially garbage movies tied to the MCU.

Cuburt

YOU SEE?!?

you see the kind of shit that's going to bleed into the MCU now?!

Yeah this is worrisome. How many casuals will see these awful spin offs and think Marvel themselves are making them. Could be a bad look and I'm surprised Marvel didn't work out something in the contract making sure these kinds of films didn't happen.

Raguel

I'd be happy with no Spidey in the MCU, and trading the TV X-Men rights for FF.

I am not happy with Sony maintaining creative control and releasing potentially garbage movies tied to the MCU.

How about we wait for further confirmation and see the actual movies before we condemn this? Do you think marvel worked this hard to get spidey just for sony to shit on it again? Seriously folks, we don't know anything yet other than "plans to go ahead"

erlim

yes, that talented of a member
This. Chris Evans IS Captain America, and everyone respects him.

If he broke the fourth wall and started giving the audience orders, they'd salute and get to work.

If Civil War is the same amount of improvement as First Avenger to Winter Soldier then ayyyyyyyy.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtx18tPNda4

this scene got a lot of hate from me when I was a kid but honestly it's one of the few redeeming things about the film. just pure hilarity.

I loved that scene, personally. It was just so absurd and fun. To be honest, outside of the Venom shoehorning, I enjoyed Spider-Man 3. It was no Spider-Man 2, but it was fun in its own way.

I hated the Andrew Garfield movies. Sorry. He was a solid Spider-Man, terrible Peter Parker. I'm glad he's out.

Marc

Fantastic news, I hope Feige can save the lifeless corpse that Spider-Man has become after decades of mishandling.

I have serious doubts though and the story he is going to be part of really does not deserve telling.

Will we see Iron spider Armour in Cap 3?

image.jpg

Just wondering, did people actually like this or just caught up in the whole 'event'? Peter Parker, the genius leader who has taken on cosmics, taking pats on the head from RDJ *cough* I mean Stark.

For me that was a continuation of taking away Spidey's balls, he became more and more of a follower, yes man and idiot to service the nonsensical 'plot'. With Spidey just going along with it in complete opposition to his entire characters history. Showing no clarity of thought and ability to argue his view which should have been completely ingrained into him with all he has suffered. With Spidey yet again becoming a damsel in distress instead of a leader and major player. Like every panel he looks like some subservient sidekick at best ffs. Which is what I am guessing is going to happen with Marvel movies too.

I really hope the movies piss all over that comic series and does its own thing, and hopefully does it a lot better.

pulga

Banned
Not hard to say Spidey pops up between AOU and CW is it? One line of dialogue is all you need.

Not even that, all you need is an after-credits scene with some CGI Spidey swinging through NYC.

The theaters will lose their SHIT.

Fantastic news, I hope Feige can save the lifeless corpse that Spider-Man has become after decades of mishandling.

I have serious doubts though and the story he is going to be part of really does not deserve telling.

Just wondering, did people actually like this or just caught up in the whole 'event'? Peter Parker, the genius leader who has taken on cosmics, taking pats on the head from RDJ *cough* I mean Stark.

For me that was a continuation of taking away Spidey's balls, he became more and more of a follower, yes man and idiot to service the nonsensical 'plot'. With Spidey just going along with it in complete opposition to his entire characters history. Showing no clarity of thought and ability to argue his view which should have been completely ingrained into him with all he has suffered. With Spidey yet again becoming a damsel in distress instead of a leader and major player. Like every panel he looks like some subservient sidekick at best ffs. Which is what I am guessing is going to happen with Marvel movies too.

I really hope the movies piss all over that comic series and does its own thing, and hopefully does it a lot better.
He's pretty much always been a follower when it comes to being teamed up with the Avengers. He's in awe of them.

Also, for all that Spider-Man has done, Stark has done just as much world saving. Plus technically I'm pretty sure Stark is more intelligent then Peter.

This is what I was worried about. The best aspect of the MCU is that Marvel had full control and things worked in congruence with each other. Now we have to possibly entertain all this extra nonsense.

Marvel and Sony need to get together and hash out what's what and let the nerds know. Otherwise we'll just tear each other apart.

Cuburt

The studio is still moving forward with the Spider-Man villain-centric “Sinister Six,” and “Venom” spinoff, as well as a film that features female characters in the “Spider-Man” universe. “The Amazing Spider-Man 3″ has been cancelled. While Marvel’s Feige is involved with Sony’s new “Spider-Man” films, he currently is not expected to be creatively involved with the spinoffs, sources say.

Kz2x73.gif

Village

Lol at you listing multiple billionaires for your argument
Yeah that's the pont these people have more of "everything" than pater and still have interesting problems and lives

Your argument and sorry for saying this is rather dumb considering peter would just be a dude with a possiblee relationship and job.

Also its dumb because there is an actual interesting spiderman comic going on right now that exists that is the thing you said wouldn't be good.

Also every other super heroes and villians mind you than also have rather normal other lives, wives even.

So yeah , what the hell is your argument even

anaron

This is what I was worried about. The best aspect of the MCU is that Marvel had full control and things worked in congruence with each other. Now we have to possibly entertain all this extra nonsense.

Marvel and Sony need to get together and hash out what's what and let the nerds know. Otherwise we'll just tear each other apart.
Yep

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
How about we wait for further confirmation and see the actual movies before we condemn this? Do you think marvel worked this hard to get spidey just for sony to shit on it again? Seriously folks, we don't know anything yet other than "plans to go ahead"

nope, i've already written these off. i don't consider ASM1&2 (and by extension, these spin offs) cannon in my MCU.

the whole reason i didn't want Spidey in the MCU was because of this exact scenario.

a big part of my love for the MCU was how tight it's been, and while i love crazy continuity of comic books i was really hoping for a cleaner set of stories for the MCU.

regardless, i'll just skip these and pretend they don't exist. hopefully the MCU spider man movie doesn't reference them.

He's pretty much always been a follower when it comes to being teamed up with the Avengers. He's in awe of them.

Also, for all that Spider-Man has done, Stark has done just as much world saving. Plus technically I'm pretty sure Stark is more intelligent then Peter.

It also wasn't a stretch for a guy like Peter to jump at the opportunity to be under Stark's wing. Support and protection for Aunt May, a genius like Stark as your mentor/father figure, and free tech? Tony kinda used him like he used everyone, and Spidey recognized that and immediately turned sides.

Pete's conundrum was one of the better parts of Civil War, and would make for great cinema, IMO.

Jigorath

Banned

These over reactions really are hilarious.

Jigorath

Banned
nope, i've already written these off. i don't consider ASM1&2 (and by extension, these spin offs) cannon in my MCU.

the whole reason i didn't want Spidey in the MCU was because of this exact scenario.

a big part of my love for the MCU was how tight it's been, and while i love crazy continuity of comic books i was really hoping for a cleaner set of stories for the MCU.

regardless, i'll just skip these and pretend they don't exist. hopefully the MCU spider man movie doesn't reference them.

Is this a serious post?

Marc

Awe of Cap, yeah (thats caps only superpower)... the rest.... nah. That is more recent to my memory, with what seemed like a trend to undercut Spidey and force Sony into this very position.

Never seen him as a follower, more of a do his own thing and step up when needed type. In that comic, you could have said Stark was his strict daddy and Spidey wanting to win his approval at all times. Then gets beaten up every five seconds by second rates, carried everywhere like a puppy.

Top Bottom