• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man is Entering The Marvel Cinematic Universe

E the Shaggy

J-Jonah-Jameson-J-K-Simmons.jpg

Alienous

_1335385332.jpg

" I don't know. Just, uh... Um... I don't know, we could, I don't know, we could uh... Or we could do something else, or we could, with no... We, like, we could... "

"Yeah"

"Yeah? "

"Yeah, either one. "

Those scenes fucking sucked.

Garfield is a hack.

DeathyBoy

Banned
Jameson's scene with the Goblin in SM1 where he refuses to rat out Peter is one of the best comic-book scenes, period. SM1 had some incredible writing that flew over the heads of a lot of people.

The casting is going to be a huge deal for Marvel, I bet. Whoever they choose is going to become the face of the MCU once RDJ is gone, and is going to stick around for a long time. They need someone young and charismatic who nails the part immediately. The way RDJ completely owned Tony Stark.

E the Shaggy

The casting is going to be a huge deal for Marvel, I bet. Whoever they choose is going to become the face of the MCU once RDJ is gone, and is going to stick around for a long time. They need someone young and charismatic who nails the part immediately. The way RDJ completely owned Tony Stark.

Who would ultimately make that decision, since the solo Spidey flick doesn't have a director? Feige and Pascal?

JDMC13

So basically let's take away everything that makes Peters struggles interesting.

No thanks.

I disagree. Peter Parker's appeal wasn't that he had to balance the struggles of being a teenager and a hero. Peter Parker's appeal was that he had to balance the struggles of the reader and being a hero. First in high school, then college, then a crappy job after college. The natural progression is the full adult life: career, wife and kids.

It's what the fans have been yearning for for years. So much so that, the Spider-Man arc that retconned his adult struggles is considered worse than even the notorious clone saga, and the reboot back to Peter who is a husband and father is hotly anticipated even if you took away Miles and Spider-Gwen.

Who would ultimately make that decision, since the solo Spidey flick doesn't have a director? Feige and Pascal?
Yeah, I think those two would have final say since this whole collab is their idea and they're executive producers on it. I really have no clue who they would pick. I actually liked Garfield and would have liked him to stay.

Logan Lerman would be good, though.

DeathyBoy

Banned

Seems pretty obvious Goddard will be doing it. Marvel wanted him to do Daredevil, he left to do Sinister Six at Sony, so both studios love the guy. Seems like he'd be able to pacify both.

Maximo

_1335385332.jpg

" I don't know. Just, uh... Um... I don't know, we could, I don't know, we could uh... Or we could do something else, or we could, with no... We, like, we could... "

"Yeah"

"Yeah? "

"Yeah, either one. "

"C H E M I S T R Y"
Yeah I don know if it was him or the Script said to mumble like a Idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2KSPiTOMR8
Honest Trailers Nails what was wrong with the movie pretty well. To be fair there is alot of Nitpicking.

It's what the fans have been yearning for for years. So much so that, the next Spider-Man arc that retconned his adult struggles is considered worse than even the notorious clone saga, and the reboot back to Peter who is a husband and father is hotly anticipated even if you took away Miles and Spider-Gwen.

I have a feeling Secret Wars is going to establish a new universe with two Spider-Men, the older family man Peter Parker and the younger Miles Morales.

Peter hasn't been in school since the 70s, he has plenty more struggles and stories from his adult life.

But he was a high school kid at one point and this is a long term plan. Putting Spidey back in high school for his first MCU movie is a solid choice because he'll be college aged in Phase 4.

Seems pretty obvious Goddard will be doing it. Marvel wanted him to do Daredevil, he left to do Sinister Six at Sony, so both studios love the guy. Seems like he'd be able to pacify both.

christ...talk about an uninspired marvel decision if that happens.

21 jump street/lego guys are the ones for this. plus they've been with sony pictures big time now.

So here's the best idea.

Tobey comes back and unmasks in Civil War, his solo movie is him paying the price for it and at the end he dies, then Miles comes in and takes up the mantle of Spider-Man going forward.

Everybody wins, I'll take my check Sony/Marvel.

antonz

So here's the best idea.

Tobey comes back and unmasks in Civil War, his solo movie is him paying the price for it and at the end he dies, then Miles comes in and takes up the mantle of Spider-Man going forward.

More like everyone loses. Peter Parker doesn't even exist in the MCU but everyone is so eager to kill him off for someone no one but small group of people give a shit about let alone knows even exists

J10

Banned
So here's the best idea.

Hey everybody, this guy has the best idea!

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Anyone that doesn't think Adult Peter Parker has problems hasn't read a lot of his comics.

One moment in particular was just wretched even though it was just a couple of panels long:
Peter coming back from the House of M universe where he was married to Gwen Stefani, had a son with her, and was loved by the populace. He comes back to this reality in a blink of a moment and realizes she is still dead.

Anyone that doesn't think Adult Peter Parker has problems hasn't read a lot of his comics.

One moment in particular was just wretched even though it was just a couple of panels long:
Peter coming back from the House of M universe where he was married to Gwen Stefani, had a son with her, and was loved by the populace. He comes back to this reality in a blink of a moment and realizes she is still dead.

lol i'm assuming that's autocorrect that made your recounting of a really sad moment unintentionally hilarious

So here's the best idea.

Why wouldnt they just do that with Garfield?

So here's the best idea.

You don't get a check for fucking atrocious ideas

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member

"How did they get me this bad?"

Yeah that shit was a gut punch

Wazzy

Banned

Who's saying he doesn't have problems? It's that a lot of what he became is because of past history. I mean hell, what you just listed is from something you had to see before to make it more emotional.

Hey everybody, this guy has the best idea!

sounds like you know what's best for business.

An even better idea though is Spidey doesn't unmask and then the solo movie is actually Superior Spiderman and it doesn't get revealed until the end.

this is absolutely THE BEST, idea.

Village

Huh?

I'm not arguing about realism, I'm talking about the heart/emotional anchor for the character. Peter's life sucks.

Praying for your flop taste
I should show you Batman
And iron man
And green arrow
And iron fist

You can have things and still have problems
Oh shit who knew.

BokehKing

Banned
More like everyone loses. Peter Parker doesn't even exist in the MCU but everyone is so eager to kill him off for someone no one but small group of people give a shit about let alone knows even exists
This, I didn't wait x amount of years to get miles morales, no thanks, it's not a race thing either...

Ultimate spider could have been a kid from Brooklyn called Giovanni Maximus Garbarino and I still wouldn't want it.

Peter Parker is spiderman, the universe knows spiderman as Peter parker

Top Bottom