• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man is Entering The Marvel Cinematic Universe

Pavaloo

Bed Bug Man?
das rite
Looks like the best spidey movie, Spider-man 2

pretty sure it's actually from TASM2
tumblr_niv8hrOupl1tcjj73o5_250.gif

tumblr_niv8hrOupl1tcjj73o4_250.gif

Dominator

Probably because it's a small typo and they haven't noticed it?

Marvel themselves said it's 2018.
Its not just a number typo when it says moves up. I was just watching a discussion about it using that article for reference and stating the BP date was 2017.

Its not a big deal, because yeah like you said Marvel themselves said it. I just figured something like that would have been noticed by someone at the site lol

Cream

Banned
Spiderman is going to be the new Tony Stark of MCU.

Black Panther is gonna be the the Captain America.

Dr.Strange is gonna be the new Thor.

Captain Marvel will be some perverse cross between the new Hulk and the new Black Widow. :p

I'm posting again, but this news has got me buzzing big time... Just the thought of Spidey fighting alongside Ironman and Captain America on the big screen, is just a dream come true.

There was no way they could have held onto this news until SDCC, but imagine if they dropped it then... It would have been a "thanks for coming DC" megaton.

Yeah - it would have broke the internet for a day. God, it would've been so awesome.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Cool to get Spidey in, he'll take some of the pressure off the at-times forced humor of Stark, it'll be fun if those two play off of each other.

Marvel's making some waves.

Except Sony still owns the rights to him, not Marvel/Disney

Yeah, I'm skeptical that he'll ever have quite as central a role as RDJ as long as it's still legally possible for Sony to terminate the deal and Marvel to lose all access to the character.

Then again, we don't know the exact terms of the deal, so it's possible that there were measures taken to prevent that.

erlim

yes, that talented of a member
Bring back Alfred Molina (and Tobey Maguire) and adapt superior spider-man now that you can have other marvel characters go "wtf, why are you being such an asshole?" Alfred Molina is the greatest of all time live action Dr Oc.

D

Deleted member 102481

Unconfirmed Member
For fucks sake stop putting him back in high school. The least they could do is say he's in college or already graduated.

If only peter parker attended bayside high or degrassi.

obin_gam

It's a little bit unfair to the woman superhero and the african superhero since they got pushed back just because white superhero #28192 came along suddenly.

They should have put the spidey movie after phase three.

For fucks sake stop putting him back in high school. The least they could do is say he's in college or already graduated.
Back in high school? Movie Spidey's never really been in high school. For like a few scenes in Raimi's first, but you never got the sense he was a high school student. Same in ASM.

kurahador

Back in high school? Movie Spidey's never really been in high school. For like a few scenes in Raimi's first, but you never got the sense he was a high school student. Same in ASM.

I give it to you on Raimi's Spidey, but ASM?? lol no.

Guess you forgot those terrible on the nose scenes with PP trying to help someone bullied and saved by the smartest and hottest girl in high school.
Or being an asshole in basketball gym.

doemaaan

I don't know about you guys but although I am really excited about Spiderman joining up with the rest of the crew there were several things that had a negative impact on me regarding the announcement yesterday.

basically, my biggest concern is the pushing back of the other movie dates. Before, Black Panther would've released before the first part of avengers infinity War. this led me to believe that the ending of his movie would've pretty much solidified his position in infinity War, but now that his movie releases after part one, i'm stuck wondering how much screen time he'll actually have.

same deal with the inhumans. once again, I'm glad that Spiderman's in, but I wonder how much this screwed up the original plans for these movies.

sorry for the bad grammar, typing on phone. am I the only one here that feels this way?

I give it to you on Raimi's Spidey, but ASM?? lol no.

Guess you forgot those terrible on the nose scenes with PP trying to help someone bullied and saved by the smartest and hottest girl in high school.
Or being an asshole in basketball gym.
I do admit that I forgot that movie pretty quickly.

But still, he was never in high school the way comic Peter was. Those scenes were merely there to show some character traits (he's a good guy, he's being reckless and irresponsible with his new abilities, etc). We never saw him have to juggle that life with being a hero. That was touched upon in Spider-Man 2, but I think it would be nice to see MCU Peter in that life and environment for a movie or two. Even in Spider-Man 2, the struggling with class bits was there to forward the plot and not like, as a natural daily life for Peter

Prompto

Banned
SDCC is going to be nuts this year.
Potentially first footage for Civil War, Batman vs Superman, Suicide Squad, Doctor Strange, X-Men Apocalypse, Deadpool, and probably some more details on other upcoming films. Yeah I think this has the potential to be the biggest Comic-Con yet.

BLACKLAC

Potentially first footage for Civil War, Batman vs Superman, Suicide Squad, Doctor Strange, X-Men Apocalypse, Deadpool, and probably some more details on other upcoming films. Yeah I think this has the potential to be the biggest Comic-Con yet.

How do you not list Star Wars with that avi?! smdh.

Spidey in high school confirmed for this, Logan Lerman and Dylan O'Brien contenders.

http://collider.com/new-spider-man-movie-marvel-dylan-obrien/

I would be just fine with either to be honest. Between the two I'd prefer O'Brien tho.
Its pretty crazy how fast things are moving. Two days ago we had no idea what was happening. Was Sony moving ahead with TASM3 and Sinister Six?.... 48 hours later, we have a release date on a rebooted Spider-Man taking place in the MCU and we're getting reports as to who the studios are considering for Peter Parker. Incredible.

I bet we'll know who's directing in the next few months, and get the announcement of who's playing Spidey at Comic-Con. Introduce him during the Avenger's panel. My god, the place would fucking explode.

Prompto

Banned
I would be just fine with either to be honest. Between the two I'd prefer O'Brien tho.
Its pretty crazy how fast things are moving. Two days ago we had no idea what was happening. Was Sony moving ahead with TASM3 and Sinister Six?.... 48 hours later, we have a release date on a rebooted Spider-Man taking place in the MCU and we're getting reports as to who the studios are considering for Peter Parker. Incredible.

I bet we'll know who's directing in the next few months, and get the announcement of who's playing Spidey at Comic-Con.
Civil War starts shooting in April and Spider-Man is apparently in it. We should know before then.

Imperial

2016 is gonna be insane for comic book movies

Anth0ny

Given Feige's track record so far, I have no reason to doubt him when it comes to Black Panther's altered role now that Spider-Man is a part of MCU. Spidey isn't going to steal anyone's spotlight. Marvel is too smart for that. They're not just going to fuck everything up now that they have Spidey back.

Have some faith. Get hype. Black Panther will be fine.

Whoever they get as director needs to be sent a DVD of this:

standard_fantastic.jpg

And label it "Required Research Material".

Yes.

I kinda hope they call the new film Spectacular Spider-Man.

Don't forget Star Wars. I might die this year in Hall H line.

BLACKLAC

Given Feige's track record so far, I have no reason to doubt him when it comes to Black Panther's altered role now that Spider-Man is a part of MCU. Spidey isn't going to steal anyone's spotlight. Marvel is too smart for that. They're not just going to fuck everything up now that they have Spidey back.

Have some faith. Get hype. Black Panther will be fine.

The fact that they don't have Spidey fully back should tell people this.

They aren't about to hing their universe on a character they don't fully own.

Patriots7

Sounds like Sony is trying to act like they weren't desperate for help. Those spinoffs aren't going to happen. Sinister Six already been postponed without a date.
So Sony Pictures, one of the largest media conglomerates in the world, are not going to try to monetize their largest franchise?

They should just sit back and...what?

Which makes me wonder if some of you are Spider-Man fans, why would you be opposed to more films in the Spider-Man universe?

Neoxon

So Sony Pictures, one of the largest media conglomerates in the world, are not going to try to monetize their largest franchise?

They should just sit back and...what?

Which makes me wonder if some of you are Spider-Man fans, why would you be opposed to more films in the Spider-Man universe?
Because the Spider-Man films now fit in Marvel's slate, & it would mean that Marvel has to fit them in somehow. Plus they'd ruin the reputation that the MCU built up, more so given that Sony doesn't exactly have the magic touch with Spidey movies.

Top Bottom