• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man is Entering The Marvel Cinematic Universe

Good news everyone, I found Mary Jane. You may thank me later.

CByB2SB.jpg

Yeah she's hot as hell but she's 25!

Do people not know what a high schooler looks like? I'd love if, for once in a movie, high school students would be played by high-school aged actors, instead of people 10 years older than the part.

Anas

Banned
So any chance of a spidey reference in Daredevil? I'm guessing probably not.

Daredevil is almost completed.. we can say that's possible and if it didn't happen
don't worry you got AoU, Ant-man, and A.K.A JJ. one of them should have Spidy's reference or cameo in a post-credit scene

Anas

Banned
They should say Uncle Ben died during the alien attack in the Avengers movie.

Yes that's god, we sick watching uncle Ben dies over and over, and repeating with great power come and a great responsibility in almost every 10 years.

Do you think the 2017 REBOOT should be an origin story ?

Avixph

Yes that's god, we sick watching uncle Ben dies over and over, and repeating with great power come and a great responsibility in almost every 10 years.

Do you think the 2017 REBOOT should be an origin story ?
Its not going to be an origin story.

What? Sony are getting 60% of the Civil War box office just for letting Spidey appear in it? Are you sure that's right? Even if it's a Spidey movie you're talking about, Disney getting 40% for allowing the Marvel guys to make it for Sony seems like a big take. It's still Sony's project made with Sony's money, after all.

No, there's no money changing hands for the deal. Marvel gets all the civil war revenue and sony gets all the Spider-Man solo movie revenue.

It's purely a creative deal meant to benefit both parties in the long run.

Don't think that's right. I know the 60/40 split was one of the proposals in the leaked Sony emails but according to most of the articles about the final deal, Marvel will be keeping 100% of the Cap revenues, and Sony will be keeping 100% of the Spidey revenues. The only money being exchanged is production fee for Kevin Feige/Marvel.

The exact quote I read on multiple sites was:

The two studios exchanged no actual cash in the deal, but Sony will retain 60% of the ticket sales, while Marvel hangs onto its merchandising rights. The latter, according to an unnamed source, is cited as the motivating factor for this entire deal on Sony’s side.

Who knows if that specific bit is true, but the gist is even if Disney/Marvel does give up more than half of the box-office, what they'll make back in merchandise will cover that many times over.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
A lot of it's tied to Otto's obsession with robotics.

A (way more logical than Iron Spider's three) set of four robotic spider legs can pop out of the back of the costume which are useful for fighting and also climbing obviously.

The panel on the top of his glove has a screen on it from which Spider-Man can see current web fluid levels, access his private network in a smart phone kind of way and see through the eyes of the hundreds (maybe thousands) of little robotic spiders Otto had dispersed throughout the city looking for crime.

He has a communicator built into the mask which is something that peter had, but added voice commands for alternate vision modes installed in the eyepieces. Some of those modes provided scientific information about things he was looking at in an Iron Man heads up display kind of way while some could shield his eyes from sudden flashes or other interference.

What are essentially claws were installed in the gloves that are retractable, but could also inject microscopic spider-trackers under the subject's skin on a scratch.

Superior Spider-Man was all about that intel. Spider-Man has always punched above his weight because he fights smarter, not harder. Superior upgrades just took that to the logical conclusion.

Iron Spider costume looks like buttpucker.

Marvel, no. You get Spidey back and then you weld brass colored turdage to his body?

No.

2.jpg

Now there's an idea... perhaps Parker makes himself a new suit based on the Yellowjacket suit?

numble

Who knows if that specific bit is true, but the gist is even if Disney/Marvel does give up more than half of the box-office, what they'll make back in merchandise will cover that many times over.

No, there's no money changing hands for the deal. Marvel gets all the civil war revenue and sony gets all the Spider-Man solo movie revenue.

It's purely a creative deal meant to benefit both parties in the long run.
Money changing hands means paying for the rights. Marvel will get money if the Spider-Man movies reach certain box office milestones:

There may be some opportunities for Marvel to benefit financially from the Sony films, with payments tied to certain box office milestones. The financial relationship is likened by sources to the kind of compensation structure a producer would receive.

If anyone thinks Spider-Man will be wearing anything but his original, famous suit, then they are probably deluding themselves. Not to say there won't be differences from the last few movies (they'll probably make it a little more "grounded" like the other ones), but it will be red and blue and basically just spandex or something similar.

That quote is probably inaccurate, as it's been contradicted by reporting from Variety and others.

Does anyone want Spider-Man to have organic web shooters like he had in the Raimi movies?

I'm actually kind of split on this, believe it or not. Mechanical is traditional spider man, but organic really, really does make a hell of a lot more sense.

That quote is probably inaccurate, as it's been contradicted by reporting from Variety and others.

Just read the Variety deal breakdown article...

Given Sony's troubles, I wonder if it's feasible for Disney to just buy the movie division outright? Also if FF tanks, will Fox ever be desperate enough to enter into a deal like this? Galactus would be a nice post Thanos villain.

Cheebo

Banned
Just read the Variety deal breakdown article...

Given Sony's troubles, I wonder if it's feasible for Disney to just buy the movie division outright? Also if FF tanks, will Fox ever be desperate enough to enter into a deal like this? Galactus would be a nice post Thanos villain.
The teaser for FF looked great and broke fox records in view counts. It is going to do just fine.

The teaser for FF looked great and broke fox records in view counts. It is going to do just fine.

I like and own the first half of the Ultimate FF, and had no issue with trailer, but with everybody looking and what MCU movies are doing at the box-office post Avengers, what does Fox consider "just fine"?

BY2K

Membero Americo
I'm actually kind of split on this, believe it or not. Mechanical is traditional spider man, but organic really, really does make a hell of a lot more sense.

Not really. To be more accurate with this he'd have to shoot it out of his ass, wouldn't he?

I like and own the first half of the Ultimate FF, and had no issue with trailer, but with everybody looking and what MCU movies are doing at the box-office post Avengers, what does Fox consider "just fine"?
I have a feeling this upcoming FF film is going to be similar to X-Men First Class. A lot of people seem to forget that First Class didn't make a lot of money. It only made a little over $350 million worldwide. However it did well with critics and got people excited about the X-Men franchise again after the not too well received X-Men 3 and Wolverine Origins.

Same thing with The Wolverine. It made a little over $400 million worldwide and did ok with critics. All that adds up to the recent X-Men DOFP making over $700 million and becoming the highest grossing film in the franchise.

From what I've read, the budget on this upcoming FF isn't that high (I'm guessing around $120 million) so if it does well with critics, which I'm assuming it will due the response from the trailer and manages to make about $400 million, I think Fox will be happy.

Cheebo

Banned
The movie had a small budget. Less than 100 mil I believe. If it does over 400 mil worldwide I am sure fox will be happy. 500 mil and above would be fantastic for it.

Lol Namor. I only know him because he was in the Spiderman arcade game with the lightning move (which is why I used him).

But like Aquaman, he's probably doomed to being a cameo appearance.

Not

Banned
Yeah she's hot as hell but she's 25!

Do people not know what a high schooler looks like? I'd love if, for once in a movie, high school students would be played by high-school aged actors, instead of people 10 years older than the part.

That would be awesome.

Why doesn't this happen, folks? Harder to cast? I know there are some ballin' high school actors out there.

Not

Banned
Either Sophie Turner or Jane Levy would make a good Mary Jane. We haven't had a supermodel-esque Mary Jane yet

Top Bottom