• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man is Entering The Marvel Cinematic Universe

Dead Man

I will preface this by saying I don't read Spiderman books, so if I am just ignorant, please educate instead of berate.

I think I like the character of Kraven, but his name drives me bonkers. How can anyone take him seriously when his name is 'coward the hunter'? Is there some backstory for his name that isn't in his Wiki page? I get it's a shortening of his real name, but I would rather they just used his actual name instead.

Stephen Lang would fit so many comic roles so well.

OG Nick Fury? Check.

Cable? Check.

Deathstroke? Check. He is the only acceptable substitute to replace the manliness of Manu for Deathstroke.

Stephen Lang would be perfect for lots of roles, basically any hard bastard.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I will preface this by saying I don't read Spiderman books, so if I am just ignorant, please educate instead of berate.

I think I like the character of Kraven, but his name drives me bonkers. How can anyone take him seriously when his name is 'coward the hunter'? Is there some backstory for his name that isn't in his Wiki page? I get it's a shortening of his real name, but I would rather they just used his actual name instead.
Is Kraven = Coward russish? Most people dont speak russish, thats why we can take it seriously ;)

Dead Man

Is Kraven = Coward russish? Most people dont speak russish, thats why we can take it seriously ;)

Heh, but nope, it's English :)

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/craven

bdRtEFZ.png

Cheebo

Banned
Mary Elizabeth Winestead makes no sense. She can't play a high schooler. Doesn't help she is around 10 years older than those in discussions to play Parker.

deadlast

You guys are nuts. Kraven needs to be someone who is absolutely full of themselves and thinks they are better than anyone else. He needs to also be athletic.
I might sound crazy but this guy is my pick.
CM Punk

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
Stephen Lang would fit so many comic roles so well.

OG Nick Fury? Check.

Cable? Check.

Deathstroke? Check. He is the only acceptable substitute to replace the manliness of Manu for Deathstroke.

bloody hell man, this is one of the best casting choices ever! Now I totally want a OG Nick Fury movie with Lang

TimFL

Bruce Campbell as Mysterio please. There were rumors that it was supposed to happen in the Raimi universe (they could've easily explained his numerous cameos as him messing with Peters life).

Bryan Cranston as Norman.

JK Simmons as JJJ (has to happen again).

I don't care about who gets to play Peter, I'll hate him anyways because I would be the perfect choice to portray Peter. Need to get my SAG Card already.

Pachimari

Saoirse Ronan needs to stay as far away as possible.

I want JK Simons to be back as JJ Jameson. And I want Mary Jane to be part of the plot again, no Black Cat yet.

And didn't the leaked emails say Tony would hand over a suit to Spidey, thus the Iron Spider suit?

I also want Kraven the Hunter as the villain in the first Spidey solo.

Mads Mikkelsen is currently playing the best supervillain anywhere. I see no need for him to take time out of his schedule to play lesser chumps waiting to get their shit wrecked by teenagers in modified speed-skating outfits.

Cheebo

Banned
I'm sure they can make her look younger, they made Garfield pass as a teenager while he was 29.

Marvel said in the leaks Garfield was too old.... and she is a decade older than the two actors in talks for the Parker role. There is no possibility whatsoever of her being MJ with the young high-school direction they are going in by all indications.

Not to mention the picture of her in this thread is from the Die Hard 4 premiere...which was 8 years ago in 2007. And Scott Pilgrim was 5 years ago as well. This is her now. She looks fantastic but she looks her age which is 31. She does not look 16.

Mary-Elizabeth-Winstead----2015-Winter-TCA--03-662x878.jpg

anaron

Yeah Odenkirk is a kinda perfect choice, NTGYK.

I adore Simmons as JJ, but it'd be a little distracting to have him back in a whole new universe.

Village

Well with how soon the franchise is being rebooted, it stands to reason they should try to incorporate elements that haven't been attempted on film. This means characters like Black Cat,

Why? though, like I don't know. He can finally hang out with the avengers black cat is kinda like a who gives a shit now.

Philippo

Marvel said in the leaks Garfield was too old.... and she is a decade older than the two actors in talks for the Parker role. There is no possibility whatsoever of her being MJ with the young high-school direction they are going in by all indications.

Not to mention the picture of her in this thread is from the Die Hard 4 premiere...which was 8 years ago in 2007. And Scott Pilgrim was 5 years ago as well. This is her now. She looks fantastic but she looks her age which is 31. She does not look 16.

Mary-Elizabeth-Winstead----2015-Winter-TCA--03-662x878.jpg

Damn i definitely stopped at Scott Pilgrim :/

Why? though, like I don't know. He can finally hang out with the avengers black cat is kinda like a who gives a shit now.
Because Black Cat is an established Spider-man character. Why wouldn't you use established Spider-man characters in Spider-man? It's not like Iron Man or Captain America are going to be making regular appearances in solo Spider-man movies.

Top Bottom