• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man is Entering The Marvel Cinematic Universe

Mary Jane

Sophie-ASOS-sophie-turner-35471964-245-245.gif

If she wasn't already Jean, I'd actually be okay with this.

Not

Banned
Does anyone want Spider-Man to have organic web shooters like he had in the Raimi movies?

I get the feeling that this iteration of Spider-Man will be the closest to the comics yet

(fingers crossed)

Sophie Turner is already going to be Jean Grey.

oh. well, that's the most powerful redhead in the Marvel U, so more power to her.
Unfortunately, not in the MCU

Slayven

I get the feeling that this iteration of Spider-Man will be the closest to the comics yet

(fingers crossed)

oh. well, that's the most powerful redhead in the Marvel U, so more power to her.
Unfortunately, not in the MCU

I want The Spider rage on screen.. I want people to walk out saying "Spidey didn't have to do him dirty like that".

Yeah she's hot as hell but she's 25!

Do people not know what a high schooler looks like? I'd love if, for once in a movie, high school students would be played by high-school aged actors, instead of people 10 years older than the part.

If they call 'em "high school seniors", most people won't really give a fuck.

Spider-Man Will Live In The MCU...Sort Of: As the deal was being discussed, it was mentioned that Sony didn't want Spidey's next solo film to be a continuation of the Captain America: Civil War plot just because he would be making a cameo in it. But, Spidey's new universe would "exist in a world where that story has happened" and "superheroes are now divided into two groups."

The Cameo: What does the cameo involve? Well, the plan is for Spider-Man to meet Black Widow, Captain America, and Iron Maneo, with the latter giving Spidey a new suit. That will be the Iron Spider costume from the Civil War comic book, and presumably what he wears in his first solo outing come 2017.

Garbage. The less they take from Civil War the better. I want it to be Civil War In Name Only.

I mean, I shouldn't be surprised by the plans for Spidey in Civil War to be a glorified cameo, but why even bother at that point. Disappointing, if true.

Here's my cast picks:

Peter Parker - Dylan O'Brien

Mary-Jane Watson - Shelley Hennig

tumblr_mh9z3vEbIs1s3xttyo2_500.jpg

Both O'Brien and Hennig co-star on Teen Wolf together and they have great chemistry.

And Hennig is both hot as fuck and a total badass.

malia-and-stiles-on-teen-wolf.jpg

Kraven the Hunter - Mads Mikkelsen

tumblr_inline_mnl6290GQb1qz4rgp.jpg

large.jpg

Obviously the best choice of all goddamn time. Mikkelsen would fucking kill as Kraven. We all know it.

JJJ is obviously JK Simmons. There is no other choice whatsoever.

Ryan Kwanten as Eddie Brock/Venom

tij4a.jpg

You know what, I'd cast Jim Carrey as Cletus Kassady. That dude needs to bring back his drama chops hard and go as dark and creepy as humanly possible. He has it in him and it would surprise the fuck out of people if he portrayed the intense depravity of Carnage.

Good news everyone, I found Mary Jane. You may thank me later.

CByB2SB.jpg

Who is this?

Avixph

Should Ms. Lion be in the new films? If so should she be portraid by real or CGI dog? Who should voice her inner monologs if they choose to give her one?

cAwMPas.jpg

jrDev

Holy crap! Yeeeeeeessssss.gif

Also what does this mean for Andrew Garfields Spider-Man contract?

I don't care either way since I didn't like any of the new spidey films...

I'm actually kind of split on this, believe it or not. Mechanical is traditional spider man, but organic really, really does make a hell of a lot more sense.

At one point, wasn't there a draft of one of the films where the web fluid was organic, but Peter made the web shooters to control the output and shoot it? That always seemed like the best middle ground.

Here's my cast picks:
You know what, I'd cast Jim Carrey as Cletus Kassady. That dude needs to bring back his drama chops hard and go as dark and creepy as humanly possible. He has it in him and it would surprise the fuck out of people if he portrayed the intense depravity of Carnage
As much as I'd love to see this, there is no way that Carnage would work in a PG-13 movie. Well, there might be a way but it would have to be done very carefully.

Rean

I'm actually kind of split on this, believe it or not. Mechanical is traditional spider man, but organic really, really does make a hell of a lot more sense.
I actually like the mechanical web shooters. It shows how smart Peter is to create things to better himself when it comes to crimefighting, and the fact that everything wasn't given to him just because he got bit by the spider makes him more unique too.

guek

Banned
I want Kaya Scodelario as Black Cat
I4E5uCy.jpg

Erin Moriarty as MJ
erin-moriarty-actress.jpg

(Sansa Stark would also be ok)

Or Saoirse Ronan as Gwen
p2wGmBt.jpg

as for Peter
tumblr_mdv849W9SV1qfrkf9o5_250.gif

That's how I'd imagine it. Though there is a way it could work. Look at some scenes in TDK and how well it worked for the Joker. It would be tough but if done well, it would make for a dark Spidey movie.

Definitely. I was having the same thought about the Joker.

Honestly, if I was making it, I wouldn't even feature Spider-Man in anything more than a cameo. Venom's resemblance to Spiderman would be a subconscious thing on Eddie's part. I'd also set it in a rundown city like Detroit or something where a disgraced Eddie has wound up after his time in New York. Kind of allows you to have a darker story removed from Parker's NY idealism.

Jane Levy.

RxtsGzh.jpg

NN0MijE.jpg

I agree with her being MJ.
She's hotter than Emma Stone.

Shiiiiiiiet, I didn't recognize her.

guek

Banned
Of course Simmons will always be the perfect choice for Jameson but I could also see Stephen Lang in the role

LangStephen_288x375.jpg

If Viggo Mortensen were 10 years younger, he'd make a really good Kraven too :-(

Definitely. I was having the same thought about the Joker.

Honestly, if I was making it, I wouldn't even feature Spider-Man in anything more than a cameo. Venom's resemblance to Spiderman would be a subconscious thing on Eddie's part. I'd also set it in a rundown city like Detroit or something where a disgraced Eddie has wound up after his time in New York. Kind of allows you to have a darker story removed from Parker's NY idealism..
I would see that. Very interesting idea.

Oh, top of the page I see. Well since people are naming casting decisions, I'll go with:

Mary Elizabeth Winstead for MJ

Of course Simmons will always be the perfect choice for Jameson but I could also see Stephen Lang in the role

LangStephen_288x375.jpg

If Viggo Mortensen were 10 years younger, he'd make a really good Kraven too :-(

Stephen Lang would fit so many comic roles so well.

OG Nick Fury? Check.

Cable? Check.

Deathstroke? Check. He is the only acceptable substitute to replace the manliness of Manu for Deathstroke.

Top Bottom