• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man is Entering The Marvel Cinematic Universe

Kinyou

Oh, top of the page I see. Well since people are naming casting decisions, I'll go with:

Mary Elizabeth Winstead for MJ

107zS.jpg
Man, this finally needs to happen
Third time is the charm.

Wazzy

Banned
I remember the Avengers theme.

Can't really say the same for any other MCU score. Or X-Men score. Or ASM score...

I guess outside of Marvel films you have the Dark Knight trilogy too. That shit was legit.

Avengers theme was great. I actually liked ASM's theme but the rest of the score was meh.

Spiderman 1's theme is extremely memorable.

Do you have a DVD/Blu-Ray and always watch it or something? I can't see how that is memorable.

Seriously? The quality in that link is bad but the Theme itself stands out.

Cheebo

Banned
Man, this finally needs to happen
Third time is the charm.

That picture was taken 8 years ago lol. She is a 30 year old who looks 30. Not really an MJ type anymore. Scott Pilgrim was a half decade ago. She looks fantastic, but she isn't the girl in the nearly decade old picture people keep quoting...

Mary-Elizabeth-Winstead-MSA-018324.jpg

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
The GotG main theme is my favorite within the Marvel films, it stuck with me since the first moment it played in the movie. I kept humming the part at 0:25 after I got out of the theater.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
It's a long way away but I think the new DC Movieverse is way more positioned toward crazy powers and shit. Suicide Squad has a magic user, Enchantress, on it for example.

theres nothing crazy about cryogenics , i don't think mr freeze will be a cinematic villain though , and if he were i'd be surprised.

Neoxon

The GotG main theme is my favorite within the Marvel films, it stuck with me since the first moment it played in the movie. I kept humming the part at 0:25 after I got out of the theater.
This, I was actually surprised by how memorable the GotG theme was. Actually the GotG score was among the most memorable of the MCU since Avengers 1.

Winstead just has to lose some weight to pull it off. Mary Jane is literally a super model. An 18 year old super model tends to look older anyway. No big deal. You guys are acting like someone recommended Julianne Moore or something.

There are probably better choices though.

Harmen

My god, MCU was already one of a kind in terms of scope, but this makes it even more insane.

Also, I am glad we can forget about those Amazing Spiderman movies now, they were dreadful.

Neoxon

I thought he did because he made reference to those people "being involved with a movie chain", and that they're possibly getting paid by other studios (he names Warner Bros.) to put down Marvel.
Not sure, given that AMC Movie News absolutely loves the MCU movies. Hell, they did an entire episode for the Phase 3 news.

jph139

It's not that "late 20s" is crazy old (for MJ or for Peter or for anyone really) - it's that Marvel is playing the long game here. First movie isn't out until 2017, no sequel until 2020 at least. 30 now is 35 for Spider-Man 2 and pushing 40 for Spider-Man 3. Somewhere along the line it becomes unbelievable for an actor to be 10 years older than their character.

Winstead just has to lose some weight to pull it off. Mary Jane is literally a super model. An 18 year old super model tends to look older anyway. No big deal. You guys are acting like someone recommended Julianne Moore or something.

will she still look the appropriate age for the character 8 years from now?

anaron

After seeing The avengers originally I wasn't too hot on the theme but it has subsequently become pretty memorable/iconic due to the assembly scene and rewatches

Stop posting pictures of Winstead it's making me super sad that all of this didn't happen at a time when we could've got her as Kate Bishop.

She would've been such a good Lady Hawkguy :C

Not sure, given that AMC Movie News absolutely loves the MCU movies. Hell, they did an entire episode for the Phase 3 news.

It sounds like he's going on about this video, where Campea reads the press release for the announcement and mentions that Sony still has the rights and creative control of the franchise.

AMUSIX

If Marvel is in charge of casting, I have no worries...Marvel has yet to make a bad casting decision for any of their heroes.

D

Deleted member 102481

Unconfirmed Member
They are just gonna take the mtv/CW pretty people lol

If Marvel is in charge of casting, I have no worries...Marvel has yet to make a bad casting decision for any of their heroes.

I'm pretty sure Marvel is making all the decisions here, and Sony is just signing off on anything that isn't a direct conflict of interest (like Samsung tablets, Panasonic TV's and Apple iPhones).

I believe it all starts with the choice for director, and then they all sit in for casting decisions right?

I wouldn't even be surprised if Marvel already has a rough treatment for a Spidey Solo movie ready to be rewritten.

Neoxon

So long as Marvel's the one making the initial call & Sony just signs off on Marvel's choice, I'm happy. Marvel has the magic touch as far as casting goes.

Neoxon

I'm pretty sure Marvel is making all the decisions here, and Sony is just signing off on anything that isn't a direct conflict of interest (like Samsung tablets, Panasonic TV's and Apple iPhones).

I believe it all starts with the choice for director, and then they all sit in for casting decisions right?

I wouldn't even be surprised if Marvel already has a rough treatment for a Spidey Solo movie ready to be rewritten.
If I recall, there were rumors suggesting that was the case, with the likes of Shocker or Mysterio being the potential villain.

If I recall, there were rumors suggesting that was the case, with the likes of Shocker or Mysterio being the potential villain.

I've been wanting Mysterio as a villain since Raimi was in the early phases of SM2.
SFX are good enough now that it could be something crazy. Mysterio and Chameleon team up and Spidey has to almost solely rely on spider sense to get by.

But whatever Marvel has planned, I'm sure I'll more than enjoy it. and if Sony is smart, they'll just sit back, sign the checks and then count the crazy returns when they come in.

The best thing Marvel is gonna do for them is show them proper budgeting... but then again, Marvel isn't footing the bill for the solo movies, just directing the creation of them, so who knows. Maybe Sony gets all excited again and blows their wad on marketing and big payday contracts for the actors.

This, I was actually surprised by how memorable the GotG theme was. Actually the GotG score was among the most memorable of the MCU since Avengers 1.
The OST for GotG was phenomenal, it's just a shame that it had to come in a movie which also had an amazing soundtrack of pop songs which meant the OST was sort of overshadowed.

Top Bottom