• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

And day 2 is gone for the testfire. Currently screwing around in the infinite tutorial painting everything in sight.
KuGsj.gif

Hurry up and join us! You'll never look back at... that other game.

Vecks

I really need more money.. But I keep losing ranked matches, and if I rank down, then I will get even less per win..

How do you guys do it? :/

You can try squads as suggested. But I'd avoid going with an S on your team 'cause I think it increases your chances of getting matched up with S-ranked teams.

So I've been using the Dual Squelcher more and have a hard time settling on a set up. I usual use this:

Ink Saver Main
Special Charge Up
Ink Resistance
or
Ink Saver Main
Run Speed Up
Ink Resistance

I've had success with both but can't seem to stick to one only. What do you guys think?

Vecks

So I've been using the Dual Squelcher more and have a hard time settling on a set up. I usual use this:

Ink Saver Main
Special Charge Up
Ink Resistance
or
Ink Saver Main
Run Speed Up
Ink Resistance

I've had success with both but can't seem to stick to one only. What do you guys think?

I'd personally go for special charge up.

Geg

Yeah when I use the standard dual squelcher for Rainmaker I wear a special charge up hat. Echolocator is great

Also squelchers are classified as heavy weapons so run speed up barely affects their movement speed while shooting

I'd personally go for special charge up.
Sorta leaning in that direction
Yeah when I use the standard dual squelcher for Rainmaker I wear a special charge up hat. Echolocator is great

Also squelchers are classified as heavy weapons so run speed up barely affects their movement speed while shooting

Interesting. I have the guide and thought it suggested run speed for it. I'll have to dig it out and check. Didn't know they were classified as heavy weapons.

Ahnez

You can try squads as suggested. But I'd avoid going with an S on your team 'cause I think it increases your chances of getting matched up with S-ranked teams.

Well, one thing that actually worries me with squad is, If I just group with players more skilled than I am and just get carried, I could end in a rank much higher than I should be based on my skill.. Making random ranked unplayable :p

ryechu

Kas you shouldve followed my cmon man. Idk why you are going up the grated wall. That only takes you to 30 and they were camping it. If you go up the double wall it takes you to 5. I was cmoning like a hundred times. Allyou ahd to do wwas swim to me and we wouldve won 100%.

Geg

Ziiiing you went afk and disconnected :(

We almost won the 3v4 though. They came back in the last minute though. Like half their team was lagging/teleporting too

Is anyone else having lots of connection issues? I cannot seem to play a complete match. I keep getting an unstable connection error.

I have assigned a static ip to the Wii U.

I have moved the modem right next to the system.

I have put the Wii U in the DMZ of the router.

Unless it is a wiring issue?
"Unstable connection" indicates packet loss. It could be low upload speed, WiFi interference (buy a compatible USB ethernet adaptor) or an oversaturated uplink (it happens when I use uTorrent).

Here's what I do to monitor my connection (PC/Windows):

Start -> Run -> cmd.exe -> ping -t 8.8.8.8

Just let it run on the background indefinitely and check it out from time to time.

Ping times should be consistent with not too much deviation (aka jitter) and you should never see lost packets (that's what causes "unstable connection").

It's a necessary evil to combat the "I keep spraying, but I don't see any ink" phenomenon.

Would I need to port forward my router if I have put the Wii U into the DMZ? I mean, Nintendo's website says that you should port forward everything from UDP port 1 to 65535.
Forwarding 3074/UDP should do the trick.

DMZ is stupid from both a security and a practical perspective (i.e. if you have more than 1 console).

I wish the Wii U (and the 3DS) supported UPnP, just like all Sony consoles do (PS3/PS4/Vita).

Splatoon should also tell you what kind of NAT (Open/Moderate/Strict) you have. Call of Duty already has that.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Kas you shouldve followed my cmon man. Idk why you are going up the grated wall. That only takes you to 30 and they were camping it. If you go up the double wall it takes you to 5. I was cmoning like a hundred times. Allyou ahd to do wwas swim to me and we wouldve won 100%.

GGs ryechu. Will probably play some more since its TC

Lol trust me I heard the cmoning but I was right by the grated wall by myself. I looked at the gamepad quick to see if there was ink I could swim to get by you but I didn't see it so I tried giving grated wall a chance.

I do think going the double wall route is quicker, and potentially easier, than taking the rainmaker up the grated wall. Realized that the last few matches we played on Moray Towers.

ryechu

GGs ryechu. Will probably play some more since its TC

Lol trust me I heard the cmoning but I was right by the grated wall by myself. I looked at the gamepad quick to see if there was ink I could swim to get by you but I didn't see it so I tried giving grated wall a chance.

I do think going the double wall route is quicker, and potentially easier, than taking the rainmaker up the grated wall. Realized that the last few matches we played on Moray Towers.

we had just wiped them so they wouldnt have been able to respond and the double wall wouldve given us just enough points to win.

lol. I was testing how and when to cheese the rainmaker on that other match and that went horribly. I picked it up at minute 1 but didnt expect the timer to speed up by that much when i started to retreat.

Geg

Good games walkman, ryechu, and kas. Sorry to leave like that but all the disconnects and lagging teams we played against made me nervous. Also I guess I'm scared of running into those quadruple S+ Japanese teams who show up on Azure's stream sometimes lol

Though I realized I had the best K/D in most of those games. Guess I'm the real S+ here
Kappa

Nia

Anyone in a Squad on Turf War right now? I don't think I want to play with randoms ever again. I got on a team that only scored 300 points. One guy 200. That's the last straw. I mean, I'm not the greatest myself, but not that bad.

mo60

Now I am getting the ustable connection error again.It mostly apears when arrowana mall and/or blackbelly skatepark are in the rotation and sometimes flounder heights at times.Port fowarding my roter did not help at all.

Doorman

Anyone in a Squad on Turf War right now? I don't think I want to play with randoms ever again. I got on a team that only scored 300 points. One guy 200. That's the last straw. I mean, I'm not the greatest myself, but not that bad.

Squads are only playable in ranked mode, so unfortunately there is no such thing as a Turf War squad. Your options would be to form a private room and perhaps check Discord to look for folks who might want to join for some casual play, or get into a squad and start taking on ranked.

Azure J

Holy hell the Quick Respawn stacking on that build.

mrpmri is probably single handedly responsible for keeping the guys from taking that. Quick respawn too strong.

Hopefully that was the all charger match, cause the rapid blaster match was an embarrassment, lol.

Heng was on Rapid Blaster and Rye was on E-Liter if that helps ya remember. Didn't catch what you or Walkman had going in all of those roller splats.

Robotguy

mrpmri is probably single handedly responsible for keeping the guys from taking that. Quick respawn too strong.

Heng was on Rapid Blaster and Rye was on E-Liter if that helps ya remember. Didn't catch what you or Walkman had going in all of those roller splats.
Everyone was Rapid Blaster except Rye, who didn't get the memo.

Geg

What's the maps right now?

Arowana Mall and Flounder Heights for Turf War, Urchin Underpass and Kelp Dome for Tower Control

Serious question, when was the last time Camp Triggerfish was in the rotation for turf war? I don't think I've seen it since Splatfest. It's not in the next two rotations either.

Arowana Mall and Flounder Heights for Turf War, Urchin Underpass and Kelp Dome for Tower Control

Serious question, when was the last time Camp Triggerfish was in the rotation for turf war? I don't think I've seen it since Splatfest. It's not in the next two rotations either.
I haven't seen it in a while either.
Arowana Mall and Flounder Heights for Turf War

Urchin Underpass and Kelp Dome for Tower Control

edit: b-b-beaten!
Lol yeah Geg dropping knowledge bombs.

ChrisD

I thought Japan was in their own matchmaking for the moment for Splatfest? Did I seriously miss the chance to play in mostly western matches? :\

ChrisD

Welp, that sucks. I can deal with inherent Japanese delay after I get "settled in" so to speak, but I just got out of four games straight as my first games today where I was the only non-Hiragana name. Don't even feel up to playing more tonight.

ChrisD

Shooooot, I want that Quick Respawn build. May have to dedicate any leftover Splatfest winnings to it. Priority goes to opening slots though, so idk. May not have enough.

Gsnap

So after playing rainmaker I can't even deal with tower control. It's straight up just the bad version of rainmaker, and it's not even fun anymore to me. Splat zones is still unique and interesting, but tower control is now irrelevant to me.

Nico_D

Ok, here goes. About lag.

Some say don't complain about the lag, it's part of every online game experience. But I believe for those us in Europe it is a bigger problem. Especially in last couple days I've experienced the following:

1) Kill notifications coming multiple seconds late. Not a biggie but an indication that something fishy is going on. The same as when the map intro goes on and on.
2) People killing you without even pointing the gun at you.
3) Bazookas killing you before the vortex even showing up.
4) Krakens killing you from metres away.
5) Me killing someone, seeing his remain in one place and then getting the kill notification metres away in a different direction. Where exactly did I kill him?
6) Bomb rushs dropping FPS drastically.
7) Swimming speed dropping like there's no ink, and then speeding back to normal again.
8) Hitting someone - and I swear on this, really hitting - more times than should be necessary and they just walk away - or we both die. It could be that I suck tremendously (a valid option) but come on. At mornings I do better than in the afternoons and evenings when - I think - the majority of Japanese players are online.
9) Teleporting players. Multiple occasions but once I saw someone jumping to the tower. I was on it and he missed the tower for some reason and evidently dropped to water. But immeaditely after he reappeared and landed on the tower. There was no other players there. Also seeing quick jump icon on the ground and then seeing it move around, raising up to a tower for example.
10) Players who freeze in the middle of the action. They just stand there like statues for you to kill them.

11) Haven't had this for a while now but let's list it anyway: the ground not painting.
12) Disconnection issues. I don't have these either nowadays, but I see more and more often people getting dropped from the game.

How many of these have you seen? Laggiest Splatoon ranked match.

Crayolan

It's okay, no one wants to play Triggerfish in Turf War anyway.

Top Bottom