• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

Already an Autobot Champion, I'll join the splatfest during the afternoon I guess.

I think I won like 65-70% of the matches... I had a bad spree at the end of my gaming session. Since I had to wait some time every time I finished a match to start another I assume Autobots are the most popular team?

Tomorrow I'll try other strategies... Hopefully I can win my first splatfest this time .__.

Omzz

I'm starting to hate Splatoon. Lost 14 points because my dip shit team was busy running into the enemy base while the other team had the fucking Rain Maker and I was desparetly trying to kill off 3 enemies. Why the fuck won't anybody look at the map. Of course nobody was noting me spamming "Come fucking here!".

The worst thing: I managed to get the Rain Maker close enough to the enemy base so we had a point advantage. We lost because I couldn't kill the Rain Maker soon enough so they won by a few points. /rant

it's times like these where I wish I could mouth off in moments like these into the voice chat :p

jnWake

I have recently seen the light of Burst Bombs. I used to think they sucked but the Nozzlenose changed my opinion.

For some reason, people get terrified when you launch those bombs even if they don't hit that hard.

ChrisD

A CRAZY lucky 9/1 as Splatterscope, 26 points into Champion, I do believe it's a good time to stop... 3AM players are so good though. :(

Nico_D

Because sometimes I just want to play for a few minutes and I don't want to search too much for people on gaf. This is what I get for the betrayal lol

Good enough. Let's team up again someday. Or maybe we'll meet during Splatfest? Unless you're foolish enough voting for dancing in which case, I'm sorry to say, I'll have to splat you.

69wpm

Good enough. Let's team up again someday. Or maybe we'll meet during Splatfest? Unless you're foolish enough voting for dancing in which case, I'm sorry to say, I'll have to splat you.

Yeah, we have to team up again sometime. I voted for singing :)

Jintor

i guess i'm at my skill cap in ranked, winning/losing roughly equal number of games (and almost always bottom of the team rankings, smh)

I have recently seen the light of Burst Bombs. I used to think they sucked but the Nozzlenose changed my opinion.

For some reason, people get terrified when you launch those bombs even if they don't hit that hard.
I get nailed by one and I get thrown out of position like a chump.

WHAT
THE
FRICK

HOW DO YOU PLAY WITHOUT KNOWING THAT
The only thing I can think of (not know Y resets camera) is they're not playing Gyro. Without using that button Gyro becomes pretty unplayable. Perhaps that is most peoples problem with gyro...

Edit: At least the good thing about Splatoon recently is that the amiibo 3 pack was restocked, and I got one.
Nice stuff.

Europe still seems to have an inkling shortage and of course Europe has no three pack. If I want the complete set I need to buy Splatoon again (a special edition is the only way to get it here) or buy an overpriced import of the three pack. Thanks NOE.

Europe still seems to have an inkling shortage and of course Europe has no three pack. If I want the complete set I need to buy Splatoon again (a special edition is the only way to get it here) or buy an overpriced import of the three pack. Thanks NOE.

You could also import the squid as a standalone from Japan.

Azure J

It seems like every Splatfest, I luck into great teams at the beginning, and then it's just a slog of low-skill players to reach the final rank or two.

Truth. I got lucky and grinded out all of Defender rank with a great team that helped me get my goals accomplished/brought me to my spots for me to splat everything with 96 Deco just now, but a DC forced me to get a different group for the final level up into Champion rank and the skill level just plummeted. I'm not looking forward to waking up and grinding matches in the Champion level against Gold Aerospray roaches with a team that has no idea what's good. :lol

Hackworth

Hey people, is there a site where I can check up on scores in my past games?
I'm pretty sure I got highest score on the map but was on the losing team and I wanted to show off but couldn't grab a camera in time.

Luigi87

*looks at clock*
Damn you work! I wanna play Splatfest, not go to eight hours of you!

At least I'll have plenty of time after 2PM to.

Go Deceptinkons!
... I mean Decepticons.

EulaCapra

My team:
Level 31
Level 31
Level 24
Level 17

Their team:
Level 35
Level 14
Level 6
Level 3

How the shits is that even legal? I know levels aren't always a reflection of skill, but come on! Three of us didn't even die.

Think I'll call it a night at Champion 61/99 and get the rest tomorrow. Thanks to Frenzy, B-Rice, and (>^-^)>ink; we made a good team to end on and went on a tear through the Autobots.

So far it looks like Decepticons have the popular vote down. I've consistently seen a ratio of 16-10 in my plaza counting myself on the Decepticons. Considering how many times my Ranked Mode teams would jump out to an early lead but then somehow manage to blow it I figured the Decepticons would make me feel right at home. :)

Aurora Sparkle

Neo Member
Welp, now I know for sure there are people legit trying to Sabotage Team Decepticon. Just had a Match where one of the players on our team spent the whole match being a retard in spawn and spamming Squid Beakons on spawn point. He never left Spawn once.

Awesome.

Razmos

Welp, now I know for sure there are people legit trying to Sabotage Team Decepticon. Just had a Match where one of the players on our team spent the whole match being a retard in spawn and spamming Squid Beakons on spawn point. He never left Spawn once.

Awesome.
He's a total Starscream

taparoo

So far it looks like Decepticons have the popular vote down. I've consistently seen a ratio of 16-10 in my plaza counting myself on the Decepticons. Considering how many times my Ranked Mode teams would jump out to an early lead but then somehow manage to blow it I figured the Decepticons would make me feel right at home. :)

I haven't had a decepticon vs decepticon battle yet, so don't know about that. Managed to string together 3 wins in a row with my 3 sub level 20 teammates before losing horribly, haha

OH9XvaK.jpg
LOL

New connection installed. No unstable connection yet and it feels like the latency vs. Japan has improved too (probably because the connection is no longer being choked to death). I was even able to take out a roller practically at point blank (their flick went over my head and they were splatted, before their corpse would have run me over).

Of course this three week break has not made me a good player.

I wish Nintendo could have upfront about "git gud connection" or saying "minimum requirements are xxMBs upstream" rather than running around like headless chickens asking if you had turned it off and on again, change this setting that setting the other setting. The saddest thing is they still might not even know the upstream requirements are part of that problem.

You could also import the squid as a standalone from Japan.
Once I find an affordable one and add shipping I end up being better off buying an overpriced three pack import (like £40 for something worth $35...shipping, taxes and profit margins are so evil). My point was more the inkling amiibo are still in shortage in Europe (though it looks like the US stock has been eaten alive already) and the squid situation will always be shit thanks to NOE.
I don't really want the figures either, I just want more single player content

I haven't had a decepticon vs decepticon battle yet, so don't know about that. Managed to string together 3 wins in a row with my 3 sub level 20 teammates before losing horribly, haha

I think you're right. It's swung the other way the last three counts I made. And right now Autobots have won more of my battles so it's looking good for them from where I'm standing right now.

I wish there was an option to disable the “YOU LOST THE TOWER!” etc. messages. They obstruct the upper field of view and the sound effects / pictograms at the top are enough to understand what's going on.

Nico_D

I wish there was an option to disable the “YOU LOST THE TOWER!” etc. messages. They obstruct the upper field of view and the sound effects / pictograms at the top are enough to understand what's going on.

I personally would never turn them off. While my team is riding the tower and I'm clearing the way fighting enemies, I can't keep watching the top bar to see whether we still have the tower. If I get the message, I know to turn back and go help.

Just had an Autobots vs Autobots match. I thought there were more Decepticons?

That's what I thought at first but as the day's gone on I've seen more Autobots in my plaza. I've been keeping track to see if the plaza's ratio of each team eventually comes out to the overall ratio. So far I've counted 93 Autobots to 90 Decepticons. Autobots are still well ahead on the wins for me too (Autobots 15 wins, Decepticons 7).

Top Bottom