• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Can't believe it: 0/4.

Next time if you want to know what team is gonna win ask me what team I didn't join.

I was 0-3 going into this one and chose Decepticons after being forced to conclude that evil always prevails in Splatfests. Turns out it's true.

optimus_dies_by_redhavic_d8pial0_by_redhavic-d8qonfq.jpg

Last spam post for tonight, I swear.

ChrisD

Yo Decepticons turned UP, damn.

That settles it, selling soul to Marie for snails next time.

Her sass will work against you if you don't believe. You don't just sell your soul. You must accept that she is the better sister, and believe. Only then will your time pay!

I was on Callie's side last time but it's fine because I believe in Marie
2-0, I'm going to feel crushed when I finally lose next time

Azure J

Anyways, starting stream for a bit. Feel like playing but not sure what to play.

Also shoutouts to anyone who gets the title's reference.

Edit: 1-3 here. Marshmellows are my only win.

Gsnap

Still made it to queen though, so I've got no complaints.

I love the idea of splatfests, and despite not really liking the colors, having autobots vs decepticons was a great idea. I really hope we get more in the future. Mario Vs. Bowser would be fun. Maybe do a tie in with some soda or candy company. But... I really hope that they take the concept of splatfest even further.

One, let us keep our shirts. Especially if it's like today's splatfest was. You know everybody would love to keep rocking a transformers shirt.

Change stuff in the shops. Like maybe they'll sell more special gear. Or maybe all gear will be half price.

Don't keep the same three maps all 24 hours. Split it up into 3 or 4 chunks.

Burning Justice

the superior princess
2-2 for me. Team Dogs-Water Slides-Marshmallows-Autobots here.

I guess I've been on the more popular team every time, though. I guess that's something?

Jims

Man, a 56% win rate. Team Decepticons put in some work. *high-fives fellow evil crew*

Up to 3-1 now on Splatfests. Stupid Team Cat.

Luigi87

My thought process has definitely changed on levels. I am hating being put on teams with lv.30s in ranked, 'cause my thought process is now "There's a reason you're in C-rank..."

<_< Perhaps I'm salty.

There were so many...bad....players. It made me question whether they were kids that never got better or just regular players that never got better lol.

Wouldn't surprise me even remotely if the older players were more likely to pick Decepticons and the younger players were more likely to pick Autobots.

Or perhaps just that the younger players were more likely to pick Autobots.

Soundwave Superior, Autobots Inferior

Also, what's this waterslide/coaster thing? DID I FUCKING MISS A SPLATFEST?

Apparently, you did. I believe it was the first Splatfest worldwide where the less popular team won--roller coasters.

Crayolan

That sucks! D:
Which side were you on, again? I want to root for your team to win so you can at least make a nice amount of snails, but then I may be rooting against my own. Life is hard.

Went Decepticons just to follow Marie.

I'm gonna pretend my 30-something winstreak at the end made a difference in decepticons winning. We won so hard we would've even won with the old winning criteria.

Marie dabes

jnWake

This was a great Splatweekend for me. Won Splatfest and climbed from B rank to A- rank.

First time I ever reach a "A" rank. Now I don't want to play again and return to the B/B+ hell where I was stuck for so long haha.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
4-0 in Splatfests so far though I'm surprised Decipticons won. Knew we'd be outnumbered, and this is anecdotal, but most of the teams I faced were generally better than the teams I was on. To be fair when I was playing in pubs I was just messing around and squidbagging* any opponent I would kill.

*Thank you ryechu for coining that phrase

J@hranimo

Banned
Wouldn't surprise me even remotely if the older players were more likely to pick Decepticons and the younger players were more likely to pick Autobots.

Or perhaps just that the younger players were more likely to pick Autobots.

Yeah I think that was the thing with this one. Ah well, maybe I should've chosen Decepticons :p

All good fun though! Still got to King rank so I'm not complaining.

No freaking way. I thought the first one was cats vs. Dogs though?

Yes, the first match was Cats v Dogs. I didn't say Waterslides v Roller Coasters was the first match, I said it was the first one worldwide where the less popular team won. :p

In North America, it's been, in order:

Cats v Dogs
Waterslides v Roller Coasters
Marshmallows v Hot Dogs
Autobots v Decepticons

No freaking way. I thought the first one was cats vs. Dogs though?

That was a case of "Popularity beating win rate". Dogs were more popular but lost the win rate to Cats, but the final results gave Dogs the win.

The only two times prior where the popular vote lost was Coasters vs Slides on July 17th and then North Pole vs South Pole on August 8th. Now Autobots vs Decepticons is the third.

atr0cious

Here's my side of the fight between Azure and I:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSm80HIrESQ

I feel my team understood the map better than yours, Azure. If you watch the minimap, when we fight for middle, we've already covered the bottom, so everyone is headed in sync towards mid. Your team, on the other hand, were jumping to the top, so when I killed you, your team either had to play leap frog or try to reclaim what we'd covered. By the end it was too late and we had enough layers on the bottom that you guys couldn't recover.

Top Bottom