• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

Omzz

These are the patch notes

Update Details:
Ver. 2.1.0 [Releases 09/01/15]

Note:
This update requires about 597MB of storage space. More info

Updated Stages:

Arowana Mall: Adjustments to stage layout in all modes to prevent users from swimming over some of the ledges.
Camp Triggerfish: Adjustments to stage layout in Turf War and Splat Zones so users cannot jump directly over to the opponents' turf.
Main Weapon Adjustments:

All Rollers: Adjusted the movement of the camera angle when users lift up the Roller back to the movement in Ver. 1.3.0.
Sub Weapon Adjustments:

Splash Wall: Fixed the issue in which users can sometimes inflict damage on their opponents by throwing a bomb while standing up against the opponent's Splash Wall.
Ranked Mode Adjustments:

Fixed the issue in which the teams' points are erroneously considered as tied when the numbers are extremely close to one another in Tower Control.
Changed the amount of points awarded to teams when the opposing team takes control of the tower after the player's team has not been able to take the lead when the points are tied.
*In Ver. 2.0.0, the leading team's score goes down by 1 point, but this will revert back to the settings in Ver. 1.3.0 where the losing team's score goes up by 1 point.
Other:

Fix the issue in which the 104-2230 error occurs after downloading Ver. 2.0.0.
Adjustments have been made to make for a more pleasant gaming experience.
Ver. 2.0.0 [Released 08/05/15]

Squad Battle

Users can create a squad with friends and battle against other squads in Ranked Battle.
*Squad Battle can be accessed by players who are at level 10 or higher.
*Once a squad is created, friends of friends will be able to join the squad.
*Passwords can be set if users wish to only play with specific friends.
*Squad Battle can only be played against other users who are playing Squad Battle. (Ranked Battle players will not be matched up with Squad Battle players.)
Users are able to create a Squad of 4, Squad of 3, or Squad of 2.
*Squads of 3 may be matched up against Squads of 4.
*When a Squad of 3 plays against a Squad of 4, the game will be set so the Squad of 3 respawns faster, but in general, the Squad of 3 will be at a disadvantage.
*Squads of 2 will be matched up with three other Squads of 2, resulting in a match between "Squad of 2 x 2" vs "Squad of 2 x 2".
Private Battle

In Private Battle, friends can play in private, customizable matches.
*Friends of friends are able to join.
*Passwords can be set if users wish to only play with specific friends.
Updated Levels:

Users are able to level up to level 50.
*This will be unlocked once players reach level 20 and go to the lobby.
Updated Ranks:

Users are able to achieve rank S and S+.
*Rank S and S+ can only be attained by playing Ranked Battle, not through Squad Battle.
*Once users reach rank S and S+, the rank will no longer be affected by the results of Squad Battle.
Changed the calculation method for Rank Points based on the results in Ranked Battle.
Users will be sent back to the lobby when their ranks change in Ranked Battle.
New Gear

New gear has been added, which will appear in the in-game shop at random.
New Background Music

New BGM has been added, which will play during battles at random.
SplatFest Update

During the results of Splatfest, the winning percentage will be multiplied by 4 rather than 2.
Stage Adjustments

Urchin Underpass: Overall layout has been adjusted in all modes.
Saltspray Rig: Adjusted stage layout in Tower Control.
Arowana Mall: Adjusted stage layout in all modes.
Kelp Dome: Adjusted stage layout in Splat Zones and Tower Control.
Moray Towers: Adjusted stage layout in Splat Zones and Tower Control.
Special Weapon Adjustments

Adjusted the points needed to use Inkzooka from 180p to 220p.
Adjusted the points needed to use Point Sensor from 180p to 200p.
Adjusted the points needed to use Killer Wail from 180p to 160p.
*The above numbers apply when users do not have the Special Charge Up ability equipped.
Sub Weapon Adjustments:

Splash Wall: Correct the amount of damage done by bombs when they are thrown against the Splash Wall.
Ability Adjustments

Tenacity: Adjustments have been made so the special gauge begins to fill up after the battle begins, rather than starting prior to the battle.
Special Charge Up: Adjustments have been made so the special gauge will fill up in amounts consistent with the amount of area inked.
Sound Effects Adjustments

Adjusted the sound effects for Inkstrike so it can be heard when it is about to strike on the left, right, or back of the player.
Adjusted the sound effects for some of the longer range weapons so it can be heard from far away when it hits.
Other:

Adjustments have been made to make for a more pleasant gaming experience.

EulaCapra

Rotation for the next four hours.

Turf Wars: Mall/Skatepark
Ranked: Warehouse/Camp Triggerfish

JESUS MARY JOSEPH We're free from Flounder Heights (for the next 8 hours actually).

L95

Looking at camp triggerfish did they just copypaste another 'bar' to cover the bevel? Looks kinda funny lol

(Unless it was always like that. Then I'm dum)

Please tell me this update fixes the horrid ranked squad ink colors. Every match is just purple vs. pink. It's... so bad, and impossible to tell the difference between the two at times. >.>

L95

Guh, I just wanna play a round of turf wars and the game's like no

EDIT: there we go

EDIT2: Ahaha, Arowanna has double pipe now too.

Tijmen

So after updating I still get this error code 101-0502! I just want to play this game, someone please help me out. :( Patch downloaded just fine, but I can't access Friend List, eShop or online games.

Mellopillow

Neo Member
Has anyone seen this yet?
http://ika.akaihako.com/unislot

I found a japanese spyke slot simulator lol, it's a pretty fun way to test your chance of getting a triple sub, without going in debt to spyke.
I've been testing out my luck and I found out that I really shouldn't bother with rerolling the Amiibo brand ): Didnt get one single triple sub out of 300 tries.

Also, I translated the brand names so you guys don't have to (from top to bottom) :
Squidforce
Splash Mob
Rockenberg
Krak-on
Inkline
Zink
Skalop
Zekko
Takoroka
Forge
Firefin
Tentatek
KOG
Cuttlegear
Amiibo

Robotguy

I found a japanese spyke slot simulator lol, it's a pretty fun way to test your chance of getting a triple sub, without going in debt to spyke.
I've been testing out my luck and I found out that I really shouldn't bother with rerolling the Amiibo brand ): Didnt get one single triple sub out of 300 tries.

Also, I translated the brand names so you guys don't have to (from top to bottom) :
Squidforce
Splash Mob
Rockenberg
Krak-on
Inkline
Zink
Skalop
Zekko
Takoroka
Forge
Firefin
Tentatek
KOG
Cuttlegear
Amiibo
Odds of triples on Amiibo are ~1/2700ish I believe, so yeah.

Bulbasaur

Banned
So when are we going to get the Luna Blaster alt?? Has it been data mined? I Really want to know what the load out it is. Please be some kind of Bomb Rush haha

Mellopillow

Neo Member
Odds of triples on Amiibo are ~1/2700ish I believe, so yeah.
Yup, I'm not hoping I'll get a triples anytime soon lol. I'd be happy with two subs at least!

So when are we going to get the Luna Blaster alt?? Has it been data mined? I Really want to know what the load out it is. Please be some kind of Bomb Rush haha

Your prayers have been answered, it comes with splat bombs and bomb rush

ChrisD

Yo so I just lost to someone in Splat Zones who was running a lag switch. That sounds petty, but I'm like 90% certain of it. Whenever there was a battle going on he would be teleporting all over and ink would pop up seconds later and you (not just me, my teammates as well) would die from nothing. But I saw him when they were holding down the fort and he was fine. As soon as we took their side he started jittering around again. He killed us (ten seconds later when we were on our side...), got safe, and suddenly he was working fine again. It happened three or four times, and always in his favor.

If you ever run into someone's name that's just the Male symbol... Don't expect fair play. :\

Your prayers have been answered, it comes with splat bombs and bomb rush

YEEEEESSSSSS

E: Screw being a troll for it, I'm making a Defense Up build starting now. Maybe I can retaliate against the Japanese one-shot two-shot Decos. By the time they've hit you once on their screen you're already dead.

Squidforce
Splash Mob
Rockenberg
Krak-on
Inkline
Zink
Skalop
Zekko
Takoroka
Forge
Firefin
Tentatek
KOG
Cuttlegear
Amiibo
Only took 35 spins to get a triple on the spyke simulator on a KoG brand. Of course it's quick super jump :p

ChrisD

I just went up zero points on a KO. =X

Edit: Wait... I DROPPED a point. Got hit be the leaving too soon glitch. You're freaking kidding me.

ss-hikaru

Fairly new to ranked and was just wondering how 'good' a strategy running off and filling up your special is...I feel like I often get matched with a teammate (or two) who likes to do this and don't recall actually ever being saved/helped by said teammate with charged up special... On one hand I understand that specials help (like getting owned by all 4 enemy players activating their specials at the same time) but when you're trying to prevent 4 enemy players from slamming down the rainmaker with just 2 or 3 players (the 4th being on the other side of the map) it doesn't seem very useful... Or am I the one with the wrong thinking, throwing myself into battle without a trump card? I do try to ink in areas while en route to where all the action is happening but often that isn't enough to fill the special gauge and sometimes I feel like just that one extra person would be more helpful right at that instant instead of letting my teammates get wiped and trying to take on the enemy all by myself.

In general I feel I need to change something about the way I play rainmaker ^^;

ChrisD

Rank S-0

I'm so on tilt. I'm switching weapons out every game, changing clothes, playing like trash, getting trash team-mates when I play well, dying to Japanese players that never entered my screen, doing stupid stuff, seeing partners do stupid stuff, losing points to glitches, the list goes on and on. Eight losses, only one win interjected between them.

I'm physically heated from annoyance and flat out anger. I didn't think I could get this way over a game after getting out of the deep pit of taking MOBAs seriously.

I've got to loosen up if I want to play tomorrow. Now I'm just annoyed with myself for getting so angry over a video game. Maybe I'll just take a small break and relax with Danganronpa Another Episode.
That or Turf Wars with gimmicky stupid fun

J@hranimo

Banned
If that happens (which it has more so due to my connection randomly bombing out on me) I usually take a break or go casual in turf wars. I'm still working my way out of S rank, which is tough but I'll reach the promise land eventually.

jariw

So after updating I still get this error code 101-0502! I just want to play this game, someone please help me out. :( Patch downloaded just fine, but I can't access Friend List, eShop or online games.

Isn't it the 118-0502 error (an error related to routers/firewalls during matchmaking)?

Toadsili T

Neo Member
GGs to everyone I played with from GAF today. Big mentions to the following:

- Mellopillow / Emil for your Luna Blaster; I've never seen someone use the AOE damage on it so effectively before, because you were shutting me down like crazy.

- Azure J for your hard Splatterscope denials; caught me by surprise a few times on Mall. There was that one kill I got against you down the side corridor that I swear I shouldn't have got, but somehow lucked out. ^^;

- Robotguy/DaBoss/B-Bech/RedFyn/ryechu/J@hranimo for all the Ranked games. Quite a few struggles, but some sweet victories today as well! Props to Robotbuy's crazy 19-6 K-D on Warehouse Splat Zones.

J@hranimo

Banned
GGs everyone tonight! Was fun :)

Also...

CnacZ1H.jpg

Spyke knows what I want, but he is being difficult. I will get my triple slots!!

Top Bottom