• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

So there has been a patch? Did it fix the inconsistent connections? Oo new weapon tonight as well? What are the stats of the mini splatling? Does it use less ink? More mobile?

J@hranimo

Banned
Mini Splatling hype! With suction bombs and inkzooka, we already have an idea of what role it is trying to take :p

Took my Octobrush to rank A+ for the first time last night! With it being tower control I really had the best chance of doing it. I played and won the 3 rounds necessary to rank up, and then I spent the rest of the evening chilling in Discord chat and turf war. Didn't want to risk losing A+ the same night that I got it :)

Congrats!

So there has been a patch? Did it fix the inconsistent connections? Oo new weapon tonight as well? What are the stats of the mini splatling? Does it use less ink? More mobile?

More mobile. I believe it only has one charge cycle compared to heavy splatling which has two. I'm not too sure about the distance but we can assume it has a bit less range.

Mini Splatling hype! With suction bombs and inkzooka, we already have an idea of what role it is trying to take :p

Congrats!

More mobile. I believe it only has one charge cycle compared to heavy splatling which has two. I'm not too sure about the distance but we can assume it has a bit less range.

I think on the reddit they mentioned the new splatling having the same range as the nozzle nose?

Congrats!

I think on the reddit they mentioned the new splatling having the same range as the nozzle nose?
Thanks!

Geg

Tumblr updated early today

tumblr_nu4z8xfanH1u3akyno1_1280.jpg
tumblr_nu4z8xfanH1u3akyno2_1280.jpg
tumblr_nu4z8xfanH1u3akyno4_1280.jpg
tumblr_nu4z8xfanH1u3akyno3_1280.jpg

The Mini Splatling has a short charge time and easy handling. Also, everyone knows that mini things are cute. Look at how cute that Mini Splatling is. You know what’s better than just a Mini Splating? A Mini Splatling with Suction Bombs and an Inkzooka!

lol they forgot to say when it's available

edit: twitter clarifies it's tonight at 7 pacific, the usual time

Neoxon

I'd be down for a faster-charging Splatling. The long distance kills will be missed, but isn't a big deal for me.

Mini splatling looks great but I was really hoping that the bridge would unlock this week. I guess they feel like we haven't had enough flounder yet :/

GUYS! BREAKING NEWS! FLOUNDER HEIGHTS WON'T BE IN ROTATION FOR ONCE!

https://splatoon.nintendo.net/schedule

... until 2 map rotations from now.

Why doesn't this site have an English version yet? What exactly is NoA/NoE so busy doing that they don't have time for this???

Vecks

Tumblr updated early today

lol they forgot to say when it's available

edit: twitter clarifies it's tonight at 7 pacific, the usual time

Only one weapon release? And I hope this means the new map will release next week.

Anyway, the mini splatling sounds like it could be easier for me to use, since I can't do well with the normal one.

Took my Octobrush to rank A+ for the first time last night! With it being tower control I really had the best chance of doing it. I played and won the 3 rounds necessary to rank up, and then I spent the rest of the evening chilling in Discord chat and turf war. Didn't want to risk losing A+ the same night that I got it :)

Grats. You're almost there! Just a few more wins to S. :)

B_Bech

I'm extremely hyped for these new Splatlings. Also, congratulations St. Aiden on A-ranking. Which maps/mode did you rank up on?

StAidan

I'm extremely hyped for these new Splatlings. Also, congratulations St. Aiden on A-ranking. Which maps/mode did you rank up on?

It was TC on Walleye and Port, so the mode and maps were both in my favor lol. Couldn't have really asked for better conditions.

jnWake

Lol I had a dream yesterday where I dropped ranks because I got like 3 disconnects in a row and then came to GAF to complain about it.

Geg

I had a dream where the gold aerospray and the squiffer were both real weapons in the Metal Gear universe

DaBoss

Flounder Heights is gonna be in the rotation after the next one lmao.
Does anybody have the ink splotches that I can add to my avatar, I've been enjoying this game a lot lately and I'd love to show off my love for it.
http://www.pidgi.net/wiki/File:Splat_(part_1)_-_Splatoon.png
http://www.pidgi.net/wiki/File:Splat_(part_2)_-_Splatoon.png
http://www.pidgi.net/wiki/File:Splat_(part_3)_-_Splatoon.png
http://www.pidgi.net/wiki/File:Splat_(part_4)_-_Splatoon.png

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I like to consider myself a Custom Splattershot Jr. main but my best weapon is definitely the Carbon Roller.

I just can't use the carbon roller after my first time bringing it out, running someone over and them not dying. Just isn't my life style. I'm a Dynamo man myself.

I like to consider myself a Custom Splattershot Jr. main but my best weapon is definitely the Carbon Roller.

I've been using the Carbon Roller a lot more lately as well. I've had some mixed success with using it as a "trailblazer" in Rainmaker. Sometimes it works well and gives the carrier a nice wide path to swim (assuming they see it and aren't busy trying to shoot it all over the place). I need to learn when to stop and retreat when doing that though.

ChrisD

I waited til the rematch screen reached 17 and I still got hit with glitch. Took four more points, so I just lost nine against two S/S+....

ChrisD

I tried the Splatling again while at S7 because I figured I may as well drop to A+ with a weapon I don't use often. I'm now at S39. The Walls are so good for the current Rotation.

I keep dying to the Rainmaker though. Blasted tornado touches back down once it goes over the wall, and I keep forgetting lol.

DaBoss

Flounder Heights will be in the next 2 rotations.

FLOUNDER HEIGHTS 24/7 IS BACK!
The reign of Flounder Heights isn't very assuring. :X
Well they fixed the TransformersFest colors from appearing. Just don't get your hopes up about the map rotation.

Top Bottom