• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

Azure J

In the runback I love watching Dude's attempt at the last kraken chase-down. :lol

I actually didn't know what was being planned for me under there. I was jumping for dear life though since I don't know what Kraken's jumping attack hitbox was like. :lol

SM239

When he described it in the stream chat, I was just there like James pls. When I saw what he actually did, I was crying. :lol

Yeah I missed it on stream the first time and I was thinking, "James come on. Squidkidding... really?" Then I saw that it was actually a distraction. lol

ChrisD

"I'm battling another streamer? Does that mean I have to play to win? I haven't really been doing that. I mean I have, but I just kind of expect it happen."

It may come off as arrogant, but if he wasn't joking I like this mindset. Expecting to win is better than expecting to lose. And thinking you can only win by "trying to win" can easily slip into a "tryhard" mindset, where you take things waaaay too seriously.

Heng

"I'm battling another streamer? Does that mean I have to play to win? I haven't really been doing that. I mean I have, but I just kind of expect it happen."

It may come off as arrogant, but if he wasn't joking I like this mindset. Expecting to win is better than expecting to lose. And thinking you can only win by "trying to win" can easily slip into a "tryhard" mindset, where you take things waaaay too seriously.
Personally it sounds like he was making excuses to why he has lost. This might not be the case though, he usually doesn't use weapons he's really good with when playing with viewers.

ChrisD

Personally it sounds like he was making excuses to why he has lost. This might not be the case though, he usually doesn't use weapons he's really good with when playing with viewers.

Maybe so. I still like the positive outlook even though it does come off as cocky or, as you said, an excuse. Not to say trying your best and improving isn't what you should actually strive for, just that you should never go in to a game with the thought, "I'm going to lose."

It's not so much what he said that's good, it's the random reasoning that can be goten out of it. Even if it's really stretching things. :p

Robotguy

Can't imagine he has much experience with Bamboozler and the New Nozzlenose, since he was on vacation until recently.

SM239

From what I saw he was just messing around with the new weapons. Also his teammates were viewers, one of which got no kills in either game.

Heng

Maybe so. I still like the positive outlook even though it does come off as cocky or, as you said, an excuse. Not to say trying your best and improving isn't what you should actually strive for, just that you should never go in to a game with the thought, "I'm going to lose."

It's not so much what he said that's good, it's the random reasoning that can be goten out of it. Even if it's really stretching things. :p
Can't imagine he has much experience with Bamboozler and the New Nozzlenose, since he was on vacation until recently.
From what I saw he was just messing around with the new weapons. Also his teammates were viewers, one of which got no kills in either game.
I actually haven't seen it yet since I'm still in school, but I was just saying the quote sounded like an excuse. I'm pretty sure he was just goofing off though and didn't actually mean any of it.

ChrisD

Rockenberg refuses to give me Run Speed Ups until I start re-rolling things. Guess that means I have some sort of luck...?

Doorman

Yeah, SRB was just doing some random squadding with viewers and tooling around with weapons and strategies that he wouldn't have been using during actual serious tournaments, I take his comment as being a joking acknowledgment that he hasn't been taking those matches very seriously since they'd mostly been going up against totally unknown random squads.

It is also a bit of a show of his confidence ("I'm good enough at the game to win against most random squads without giving it my full focus") but I took it more as a sign of him just having fun at the time rather than being overly arrogant.

ChrisD

Bad luck if you want to play the GOAT weapon the splish.

Running Splatter Jr., so it's just as bad. I just don't see how I've managed to have four three-slot Rockenbergs go through their unlocks, and miss a Run Speed Up every time. That's a rare chance, right there! Just... not the one you want.

ChrisD

When you kill five people in a row on the tower in TC as they pour in and nobody else on your team hops on the tower to join the fight.

Seven point loss because we were all S, they were all A. siiiiiiiigh.

ffdgh

When you kill five people in a row on the tower in TC as they pour in and nobody else on your team hops on the tower to join the fight.

Seven point loss because we were all S, they were all A. siiiiiiiigh.

But but...we might die! They probably don't know it moves faster with more people either lol.

ChrisD

But but...we might die! They probably don't know it moves faster with more people either lol.

All they must do is leap forth to the tower and seize their destiny! Death or life doth not matter in the acquisition of your meaning! Throw away all doubts and leap into the Lion's Lair!

It was just really annoying since we actually won by a single point in a 9 to 8 game. Then it went into OT and that happened and... yeah.

Edit: Splish is great. Mobile Beacons. :eek:

WVW69iXewVoMiG1tw7_zpstr27y1rq.jpg

Is special charge up common on the legendary hat or is this more RNGesus shenanigans?

Is special charge up common on the legendary hat or is this more RNGesus shenanigans?
Probably RNGesus shenanigans. Cuttlegear has no bias for any specific perks.

Edit: Well Cuttlegear doesn't disfavor special charge up, but it doesn't bias for it so rolling 3x is still pretty hard.

It's Cuttlegear so no, it's RNGesus shenanigans. I can't complain what with the 3x Bomb Range Up hat I got with a single snail... Man I miss being able to bitch and moan about that sorta thing.

Probably RNGesus shenanigans. Cuttlegear has no bias for any specific perks.

Edit: Well Cuttlegear doesn't disfavor special charge up, but it doesn't bias for it so rolling 3x is still pretty hard.

I really can't complain since I generally end up with at least doubles on my gear but some of these sets are crazy. That's got to be some of the best charger gear that I've seen on anyone in my plaza.
Still without a pure or shiny gear. Maybe one day.
Do you mean from Spyke or in general. I haven't gotten a single perfect order from Sypke yet. It's gotten to the point where I'm intentionally ordering from people with doubles on the first two slots since that's as good as he'll deliver to me.

I have those shoes with the triple ink recovery up BTW if anyone wants them.

That's actually what I ordered from him. I already have them with ink up on the first two slots and a def up on the 3rd so I'd be happy with just getting a shot at spawning the 3rd one naturally again.

Some asshole on my team just followed me around a turf war battle bouncing in and out of the ink and when I died he leapt back to the home base and kept following me. Is this some sort of trolling? It was honestly pretty annoying and not funny at all.

WALKMAN04

James is this guy part of that clan we were supposed to have a friendly with, I believe they were called Offshore, is that their clan tag OFF
Congrats Greg, you're now an honorary crazy JP player with 3 sub abilities on cuttlegear! :p

No but really, that's crazy luck. Never reroll it again.
Unless I'm missing something, Greg does not own that gear lol, unless he changed his name, is somehow S+ now and got to level 50.

Pikma

Banned
Some asshole on my team just followed me around a turf war battle bouncing in and out of the ink and when I died he leapt back to the home base and kept following me. Is this some sort of trolling? It was honestly pretty annoying and not funny at all.
That actually sounds funny :lol

Geg

I don't know but I decided a while ago that's basically what I'm doing if I ever end up on the same team as someone who squidkidded after killing me in a prior match. Just add in superjumping to them if they're trying to be sneaky around opponents

I don't know but I decided a while ago that's basically what I'm doing if I ever end up on the same team as someone who squidkidded after killing me in a prior match. Just add in superjumping to them if they're trying to be sneaky around opponents

What is squid kidding?

jnWake

If someone squidkids me I just squidkid back after getting a kill. It's not a big deal and it looks so stupid that I don't see why people mind it haha.

ChrisD

I really can't complain since I generally end up with at least doubles on my gear but some of these sets are crazy. That's got to be some of the best charger gear that I've seen on anyone in my plaza.

Do you mean from Spyke or in general. I haven't gotten a single perfect order from Sypke yet. It's gotten to the point where I'm intentionally ordering from people with doubles on the first two slots since that's as good as he'll deliver to me.

In general. I have a few doubles, and one triple, but they're all brand biased.
Wait, actually I do have Studio Headphones with two Damage Up now that I think about it (pretty sure it's not the item's brand bias). But that's the rarest thing I have.

I'm a simple squid.

If someone squidkids me I just squidkid back after getting a kill. It's not a big deal and it looks so stupid that I don't see why people mind it haha.
Haha, sometimes it gets a chuckle from me if I pay attention to it at all.

It's cute it's called squidkidding ;)

J@hranimo

Banned
James is this guy part of that clan we were supposed to have a friendly with, I believe they were called Offshore, is that their clan tag OFF

Unless I'm missing something, Greg does not own that gear lol, unless he changed his name, is somehow S+ now and got to level 50.

Wait...I...I don't know why I thought that was Greg.

*Sigh* My bad lol.

Top Bottom