• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

ss-hikaru

My tsukkomi teammates were all kinds of terrible, so I fully expected tsukkomi to lose. Cool.

I must've snatched em all :p I didn't get matched with a single bad tsukkomi teammate. Although I guess overall I didn't have that many teammates, we mostly stuck together but whenever someone dropped another decent player would join. Was really good for matchmaking! Truly the best splatfest experience so far.

Luigi87

One thing that gets me, and maybe I'm just imagining it, but does anyone else feel that in spite of being two map rotations, it often feels like 90% one map, 10% the other?

ffdgh

One thing that gets me, and maybe I'm just imagining it, but does anyone else feel that in spite of being two map rotations, it often feels like 90% one map, 10% the other?

It's not just you. Rainmaker last night was literally bluefin depot majority of the time with camp appearing once or twice lol.

On an unrelated note, I'm sick of the inkzooka.

JCX

Same for me. You'd think they would just alternate evenly.

Zing

Banned
My nine-year-old daughter playing ranked (she is rank B):

"Am I the only one doing anything"

"Cmon guys, step your game up"

Luigi87

You aren't imagining anything, sometimes it does happen.

It's not just you. Rainmaker last night was literally bluefin depot majority of the time with camp appearing once or twice lol.

Same for me. You'd think they would just alternate evenly.

Good to know I'm not crazy.
... Well at least for this reason.

That is priceless, haha

Luigi87

You know you've been trolled when your team is slightly behind, a teammate picks up the Rainmaker, you clear a path for them... And they refuse to go forward and just stay in a corner.

D=

Azure J

So, I have a ton of highlights from the last long stream that I did to share with everyone. I don't imagine you'd all watch everything but a few of them I have to point out (in bold):

Caught Between a Rock & An Inky Place - Rainmaker shield too OP
ayy lmao - ayy lmao
SplatGAF Azure vs SplatGAF Sendou - GAF Civil Wars are the best.
SplatGAF vs. The E-Lites - Four E-Liter team on Port Mackerel. Fun times.
When you drop your combo but play it off as a reset - I have the best Splash Walls. lol
Solo_Ranked.mp4 - The beginning of the nuttiest bit of ranked I've played in this game.
Splash_Wall.mp4 - When I first began to realize this sub is hilarious.

Even_More_Splash_Walls.mp4 - The ultimate conclusion of my "Splash Wall is fucking hilarious" hypothesis.
Carbon_Rollers.mp4 - Sabobo doe.
Carbon Rollers Are Evil - Absolutely savage.
lrn2Kraken - How did that Kraken get there? I am not good with computer.
Slippin' In Pubs - Nothing like charger night on Walleye with randoms to let you feel a little better about yourself after fucking up in ranked. lol
WALKMAN04 is a Savage. - Self Explanatory
Don't Jump: The Match - I have never hit one target so consistently in all the time I've used charger.
How To Fight A Sniper: Mash all of the nuclear options.
More Slippin' In Pubs - Moray Towers - Just another set of silly turf war things.
Charger Duels - It's almost guaranteed that whenever you have a good moment 1v1 against another charger player at max range and defy death in multiple manners that you will get splatted in the most embarrasing manner right afterwards. lol
Bombs. - Now you all can have a good explosive treat to eat as well!

I still have a small bit of that stream to go through and a few backlogged highlights to get up soon as well so stay tuned!

So having a quick browse through Miiverse and I see way more team messy posts than team tidy posts. I'm on team Tidy
I've made a terrible mistake...

Vena

I need an adult....

tumblr_nukxybwo7j1uw5w6ko1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nukxybwo7j1uw5w6ko2_1280.jpg

My little inklings can't be this grown up.

Toadsili T

Neo Member
ayy lmao is the only appropriate response to this. Even I was laughing watching this!

Charger Duels - It's almost guaranteed that whenever you have a good moment 1v1 against another charger player at max range and defy death in multiple manners that you will get splatted in the most embarrasing manner right afterwards. lol

Oh, so THAT'S why you were down there! I thought it was strange for you to be in that spot given you were scope charging; I missed all of the fun it seems. Love how you knew it was me before the camera focused on me as well. :p

SplatGAF is always so much fun, playing or watching. Thanks for sharing Azure! : )

And we've officially crossed the Sonic threshold.
Critical lack of "Original Character! DO NOT STEAL!". :p

Rnr1224

i bought this game when it first launched and have been unable to play online because the provided internet was pretty strict with what it would allow through its ports. but now i have complete control over that stuff and I am finally able to play! Im only lvl 9 but I spent a lot of this past weekend playing. Great fun so far! Still trying to figure out what controls i like best though.

ChrisD

Gyro or bust on controls!

Edit: Azure, requesting you post on the thread whenever you've got a planned time for the Smurf Squad.

Nico_D

Oh,cute! My nine-year-old daughter won't play. I've tried to talk her over but no. Her little brother won't either. They claim it looks too hard.

Robotguy

So, I have a ton of highlights from the last long stream that I did to share with everyone. I don't imagine you'd all watch everything but a few of them I have to point out (in bold):

Caught Between a Rock & An Inky Place - Rainmaker shield too OP
ayy lmao - ayy lmao
SplatGAF vs. The E-Lites - Four E-Liter team on Port Mackerel. Fun times.
When you drop your combo but play it off as a reset - I have the best Splash Walls. lol
Solo_Ranked.mp4 - The beginning of the nuttiest bit of ranked I've played in this game.
Splash_Wall.mp4 - When I first began to realize this sub is hilarious.

Even_More_Splash_Walls.mp4 - The ultimate conclusion of my "Splash Wall is fucking hilarious" hypothesis.
Carbon_Rollers.mp4 - Sabobo doe.
Carbon Rollers Are Evil - Absolutely savage.
lrn2Kraken - How did that Kraken get there? I am not good with computer.
Slippin' In Pubs - Nothing like charger night on Walleye with randoms to let you feel a little better about yourself after fucking up in ranked. lol
WALKMAN04 is a Savage. - Self Explanatory
Don't Jump: The Match - I have never hit one target so consistently in all the time I've used charger.
How To Fight A Sniper: Mash all of the nuclear options.
More Slippin' In Pubs - Moray Towers - Just another set of silly turf war things.
Bombs. - Now you all can have a good explosive treat to eat as well!

I still have a small bit of that stream to go through and a few backlogged highlights to get up soon as well so stay tuned!
Ayyy lmao.

ChrisD

When you swish a Kraken away with your Inkbrush
Then they pop another and you swish it, too
Then they pop one more and you run out of ink

I'm beginning to think Y'all want me dead

Azure J

Had some really excellent matches/moments today between squads and random turf wars. I'll get everything up during the day today, but this one I had to get up there quick:

SplatGAF (SM239, GuySloth, Toadsili T & Azure J) vs. Squid Squad Hearts/Clubs (Frank, BooTheBun, Yuulka, & DUDE)

The best part about this one is that I found two different POVs from the opposing side to watch it from thanks to BooTheBun and Yuulka streaming it:

Boo's POV
Yuulka's POV

Some others I got up include:

The Longest Yard
It's an INK-VASION!
Port Mackerel Match
Arowana Mall Match

I'll finish parsing the stuff I have for highlights later today.

Top Bottom