• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

NotLiquid

Well.

That certainly explains why we're getting the Neo Sploosh-O-Matic this... early in the week.

Splatoon update news seems to be a lock.

Kito

After some violently awkward camera movement in Tower Control on Flounder Heights, I fell inside that room behind the glass doors. Had a little panic before my accidental exit through the glass doors.

J@hranimo

Banned
I just want to put in perspective that after tonight's release there will be ten weapons left to unlock. Two out of the ten are new weapons and the rest are variants. Just let that sink in.

I just want to put in perspective that after tonight's release there will be ten weapons left to unlock. Two out of the ten are new weapons and the rest are variants. Just let that sink in.

Give me the Hydra Splatling, the sooner that comes, the sooner the Custom Hydra will.

Kito

If they announce a new mode, I hope it's something like this redditor's suggestion:

urawkwardfreind said:
Power outage mode. Randomly during a game all the lights go out and you can only see a few feet in front of you. Theres no super jumping during this time since you can't tell where teammates are. The main objective would be to collect zapfish to light up you and your teammates

I would tweak this by starting the game with the lights out, randomising each player's spawn point, and the objective being to seek out teammates and stick with them. Game finishes when you regroup into your full squad first.

I'm finally going to be able to try the Neo Sploosh? I should make time to play tonight. Been waiting on that one.

Now I can fuck up everyone who manages to see me just as I'm out of range, mwahahahaha.

Azure J

FWIW, I don't think Splish Neo is going to be as big of a deal as vanilla Splish. The vanilla's gimmick (hyper mobile beakon provider + wails) is far too strong. That said, this is the Everything Was Krakens™ meta soooo...

WALKMAN04

Okay, so you motivated me to actually test it. Unboosted, the Inkzooka lasts long enough to fire 6 shots. 3 special duration up subs will net an additional shot, totalling 7. After 6 duration up subs... you still have 7 shots.

The run/swim speed ups were the focus when I chose the gear, but I did expect a bigger payoff from the special duration ups.
I say get rid of the special duration ups, even if it gets u an extra shot, if u really needed 7 shots to hit your desired targets u aren't using inkzooka correctly, you are basically banking on that last spammed shot to hit someone, also I think it's better to not be so immobile for that extra second, sometimes enemies closing in on you while using zooka and there can be paint around you so u can't rely on swimming away and u want to be able to ink with your weapon. If u like zooka that much special charge up or saver will get u more zookas per match and u can choose when to use them which is better than investing for maybe 3ish extra shots per match at the end of a zooka, since u can get another zooka with its own 6 shots.

Edit: I just realized when testing you probably just spammed shots, because 7 seems pretty high, remember in game you will be hopefully aiming and that takes some time off

Wiseblade

I say get rid of the special duration ups, even if it gets u an extra shot, if u really needed 7 shots to hit your desired targets u aren't using inkzooka correctly, you are basically banking on that last spammed shot to hit someone, also I think it's better to not be so immobile for that extra second, sometimes enemies closing in on you while using zooka and there can be paint around you so u can't rely on swimming away and u want to be able to ink with your weapon. If u like zooka that much special charge up or saver will get u more zookas per match and u can choose when to use them which is better than investing for maybe 3ish extra shots per match at the end of a zooka, since u can get another zooka with its own 6 shots.

Edit: I just realized when testing you probably just spammed shots, because 7 seems prett high, remember in game you will be hopefully aiming and that takes some time off
Yeah, I pretty much came to the same conclusion. I've already decided to change my gear to remove the Special duration boosts for Special charge and Ink Saver Sub.

You're right that my test was just holding down ZR to get the maximum number of shots possible. But I figured an upper limit would be more useful a metric than some hypothetical real world scenario.

FWIW, I don't think Splish Neo is going to be as big of a deal as vanilla Splish. The vanilla's gimmick (hyper mobile beakon provider + wails) is far too strong. That said, this is the Everything Was Krakens™ meta soooo...

That's assuming you aren't playing it for maximum ambushing.

I play it for maximum ambushing.

Is this really unlocked tonight or is NoA jumping the gun again like last week? If it is then yeah, there's a major update to be announced/released in the next ND.

I never really got into the Sploosh but I do need to break away from my blaster fixation and this would be the perfect time to try out my new special up gear.

Robotguy

Well, finally made it to S+.
Was doing kinda alright with .52 on the Dome/Depot TC rotation, but still not winning enough to net positive ranking points. Then I switched to .96 Deco and won every match from S70 something to S+.

Played it pretty safe. I think that my recent play with the vanilla .96 helped out cause it taught me to play better with no walls and krakens to use as a crutch. My Kraken usage was less panic button (cause I was playing safer) and more strategic to start and stop pushes. And I feel like I played away from my wall better.

Regiruler

Unconfirmed leak from the direct.

I never got into Zelda, but please be real!

It has all the telltale signs of being BS but they nailed the look of the font so IDK

EDIT: Wait how on earth would they restrict a map to an Amiibo. Now I'm calling 95% BS.
That fake is leak, Inklings don't wear pants outside of their default black shorts.

TBF this isn't the biggest problem with it. People have been asking for customizeable pants for god knows how long, and the only thing that matches is the octoling armor since it shows the matching undershirt.

dinazimmerman

Incurious Bastard
Was doing kinda alright with .52 on the Dome/Depot TC rotation, but still not winning enough to net positive ranking points. Then I switched to .96 Deco and won every match from S70 something to S+.

Played it pretty safe. I think that my recent play with the vanilla .96 helped out cause it taught me to play better with no walls and krakens to use as a crutch. My Kraken usage was less panic button (cause I was playing safer) and more strategic to start and stop pushes. And I feel like I played away from my wall better.

Congrats! :)

DaBoss

Congrats!

Safe .96 Deco play really has something to it for TC and SZ that makes it reliable.

Azure J

Congrats!

Safe .96 Deco play really has something to it for TC and SZ that makes it reliable.

I find that it's just a nice well rounded weapon for any occasion. As stupid as I can be sometimes, there's something about it that really compliments my style.

Malus

Congrats.

May the .96 bring you strength.

.96 Deco is hilarious.

You basically just need Ink Saver Main and you're good to go. You basically live forever so you will eventually get Kraken anyway, which prolongs your life even further so that cuts out a lot of perks that you ever need. Special Duration Up is actually harmful to you because you're more dangerous in Inkling form than you are in Kraken form.

I haven't used .96 Deco post-nerf yet though, so I don't know if it's still hilarious. The Splash Wall nerf which stops ink regen for nearly 2 seconds is pretty brutal.

Robotguy

What I was wearing for my S+ run.
pimnrrY.png

Gotta swim fast. Helps with the staying alive forever thing cause people can't really rush me down.

StAidan

Congrats on the S+!

(I attempted to finish off my S+ yesterday -- 2 wins was all I needed -- and lost 30 points instead :( )

So I was playing Tower Control and while my time got the tower the furthest the other team still one (albeit by one single point), how is this possible?

Top Bottom