• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

Malus

I like you.
No offense to any of the players in this thread who use it, I just hate your guts in-game.

Bahahaha my .96 makes your guts look pretty good after I splat them all over the turf.

Please don't hurt me I suck at this game D:

Art Academy: Home Studio – Splatoon by the squid research lab

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NF3rsbXQYjg
https://twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/664719297718018048
cute squib and octotrooper drawing

JxmDubI.jpg

My general analysis on personal level of skill:

Everything but Splat Zones: A+ or S

Splat Zones: C-

Yes, I still say Splat Zones is the worst thing about this game

tinantlu

My general analysis on personal level of skill:

Everything but Splat Zones: A+ or S

Splat Zones: C-

Yes, I still say Splat Zones is the worst thing about this game

Boy oh Boy do I agree.

What is the best strategy for splat zones? Play it like turf wars until you build your special, then jump in? Rush to the zone and try to make them come to you? Not get teammates that seem to be controlled by cats? Drives me nuts

ngower

I haven't played this game in a month or two as I've been enraptured by Destiny. I do wanna get back into it but just wanted to ask if there were any major changes or new game modes or anything I should be aware of? The mode where you had the totem or whatever launched right as I temporarily retired.

noshten

Boy oh Boy do I agree.

What is the best strategy for splat zones? Play it like turf wars until you build your special, then jump in? Rush to the zone and try to make them come to you? Not get teammates that seem to be controlled by cats? Drives me nuts

Play with Beacon Sub, place Beacons all around the Splat Zones. Ensuring your noob team mates might not suicide jumping into the heat of battle every single time they die.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
I haven't played this game in a month or two as I've been enraptured by Destiny. I do wanna get back into it but just wanted to ask if there were any major changes or new game modes or anything I should be aware of? The mode where you had the totem or whatever launched right as I temporarily retired.

Here's an updated changelog of every Splatoon update. All dates and Splatfests are North American.

Patches and new game modes are highlighted, Splatfests are italicized, new stages are bold, new weapons are plaintext:

May 29: Splatoon released (29 weapons plus three Amiibo-unlocked weapons, five maps, Battle Dojo, Octo Valley, Regular Battles, Turf War)
June 1: Added: Ranked Battles, Splat Zones, Port Mackerel, N-ZAP '85
June 2: Patch Version 1.2 (fixed a glitch with Spyke not taking money and stabilized Booyah Base framerate)
June 5: Added: Inkbrush
June 10: Added: Kelp Dome
June 12: Added: Splash-o-matic
June 16: Added: L-3 Nozzlenose, Custom E-Liter 3K
June 19: Added: Bluefin Depot
June 23: Added: Luna Blaster
June 26: Added: Custom Dual Squelcher, Carbon Roller
June 30: Patch Version 1.3 (with balance patch: Kraken, Ninja Squid and Stealth Jump nerfed)
July 1: Added: Tower Control
July 4: First Splatfest (cats vs. dogs)
July 7: Added: Sploosh-o-matic, .96 Gal Deco
July 10: Added: Moray Towers
July 17: Added: N-ZAP '89, Octobrush
July 18: Second Splatfest (rollercoasters vs. waterslides)
July 21: Added: Neo Splash-o-matic, E-Liter 3K Scope
July 24: Added: Camp Triggerfish
July 31: Added: Range Blaster, Inkbrush Nouveau
Aug. 5: Patch Version 2.0 (added: Squad Battles, Private Battles, Slosher, Heavy Splatling, three new background songs during matches, 45 new pieces of gear in shops and six unlockable pieces of gear from Judd; increased level cap from 20 to 50 and ranked cap from A+ to S+; reworked Urchin Underpass; nerfed Inkzooka and Echolocator and buffed Killer Wail)
Aug. 8: Third Splatfest (marshmallows vs. hot dogs)
Aug. 14: Added: Rainmaker
Aug. 20: Added: Flounder Heights
Aug. 28: Added: Bamboozler 14 Mk I, L-3 Nozzlenose D
Aug. 29: Fourth Splatfest (Autobots vs. Decepticons)
Sept. 1: Patch Version 2.1 (fixed bugs; changed camera angle for rollers when splashing back to Version 1.3; changing scoring of close Tower Control games back to Version 1.3; slightly changed Arowana Mall and Camp Triggerfish)
Sept. 4: Added: Mini Splatling
Sept. 11: Added: H-3 Nozzlenose
Sept. 17: Added: Hammerhead Bridge
Sept. 19: Fifth Splatfest (art vs. science)
Sept. 25: Added: Tri-Slosher
Oct. 2: Added: Carbon Roller Deco
Oct. 10: Added: Custom E-liter 3k Scope, Custom Range Blaster
Oct. 10: Sixth Splatfest (cars vs. planes)
Oct. 20: Patch Version 2.2 (fixed bugs; nerfed indirect damage for all blasters and rollers; decreased ink usage for Splattershot Pro and Squelchers; adjusted ranking calculation; adjusted rules for Rainmaker and Tower Control; adjusted Walleye Warehouse and Kelp Dome in Rainmaker; adjusted Saltspray Rig, Arowana Mall, Flounder Heights and Hammerhead Bridge in all modes; made position-tracking for teammates less visible; made Inkzooka louder)
Oct. 29: Added: H3 Nozzlenose D, Luna Blaster Neo
Oct: 31: Seventh Splatfest (pirates vs. ninjas)
Nov. 6: Added: Heavy Splatling Deco
Nov. 10: Added: Neo Sploosh-o-matic
Nov. 12: Patch Version 2.3 (fixed bugs; added: 42 new pieces of gear; changed Ranked Battle results screen to show players in the order of their winning percentage over the previous 10 games rather than in the order of splats in that game)
Nov. 13: Added: Museum d'Alfonsino

Nico_D

I'm not really a big fan of flounder heights or hammerhead bridge, hopefully this one is better

Yeah, I've had quite enough of Flounder too, the best mode there is RM. Hammerhead bridge... well, it's ok. Not the worst - except in SZ it sucks. TC is absolutely wonderful on bridge though.

More than 40 pieces of new gear...I was so close to finishing as well...

Tournament mode coming in December
Wasn't mentioned in EU Direct. Looking on twitter I found this:
CTpNKBTU8AAvz2m.jpg

The Nintendo Treehouse staff are competing in a #Splatoon tournament on 11/19
I don't know why it says November...

noshten

More than 40 pieces of new gear...I was so close to finishing as well...

Wasn't mentioned in EU Direct. Looking on twitter I found this:
CTpNKBTU8AAvz2m.jpg

The Nintendo Treehouse staff are competing in a #Splatoon tournament on 11/19
I don't know why it says November...

This is what I got from the direct:
https://youtu.be/qMoS2yZu4YA?t=3m42s

"The tournament will feature Nintendo treehouse staff, and would introduce a variety of potential options for tournament rules as well as details on how to setup your own tournaments both locally and online."

Perhaps it could mean that SplatNet would be a hub to organize tournaments or an in game update. I really need clarification on this and a Spectator mode update - I don't care as much about Octolings

ChrisD

I've had max gear for over a month.
LOVE that they finally brought verticality to Multiplayer! Can't wait to play both new stages.

Top Bottom