• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

J@hranimo

Banned
I finally opened and listened to Splatune, and it's interesting what you don't really hear while playing the game. I had no idea there's voice in Inkstrike Shuffle, for example.

Edit: There are bells in the first final boss theme!

Yeah I got my Splatune OST about a week ago. I think my favorite track (and biggest surprise) was the plaza music that includes all the jingles! I thought they wouldn't include that and it's one of my favorite small touches this game has. So glad to make this my first video game soundtrack purchase.

I'd let her eat me.

Heh :p

WVW69ilQiHMitjZ3-S

I FINALLY DID IT! S+ HYPE!

EulaCapra

I was put in a couple of Turf War and Ranked lobbies with only 1 or absolutely no Japanese players. Suffice to say it was a helluva easier time winning games.

There is a God!

StAidan

S + B O Y S

Yes, playing nothing but Octobrush in solo ranked from rank B up through rank S, I have finally achieved:

Oh my goodness, it's too bad Ryechu was the only one watching the stream because those final games to S+ this evening were, more often than not, A M A Z I N G. The base invades, the comebacks, the incredible winning streak. I'm gonna have to highlight practically the entire play session, lol.

I don't want to write a tome here, but suffice it to say that a massive losing streak on Saturday deranked me to A+. Since that time, I've lost (I think) 7 rounds total, resulting in a very fast (but also very challenging) ascendance to S+.

When things like this happen, it's traditional to thank those you appreciated over the course of the entire process, so here goes, in no particular order:

- Thanks to Azure, who got me started on streaming when I saw all of the amazing gameplay he was capturing, preserving wonderful Splatoon memories forever.

- Thanks to DaBoss and Ryechu for the build suggestions that eventually evolved into what I use today. The discussions were also extremely helpful for developing the playstyle that made my efforts successful.

- Thanks to GregNYC for the twin squad that passed the time during my initial attempts to get my first S rank.

- Thanks to the SplatGAF members I turfed and squadded with these past months, for pushing me to get better and recognizing my potential, even at times when I expected to settle for A+ as the best I could do.

- Thanks to everyone who's watched my stream and cheered me on during the highs and lows, the quad kills and the deranks, the splat zones victories and the rainmaker rants.

yami4ct

So, I'm jumping back in after a long hiatus. Tried to get backed into Ranked. Are any of the modes they introduced actually fun? I've only gotten to play Rainmaker and Splat Zone. Splat Zone can be OK based on the map, but Rainmaker seems legitimately awful. So much seems reliant on early momentum and having a team of idiots basically screws you over.

Also, the fact that game subtracts rank when it randomly drops your connection sucks. I had that happen like 5 times tonight. I wouldn't mind getting my Rank up higher, but I'd like to know which game modes are fun so I can look out for them.

ChrisD

I pretty much only play Rainmaker. Wouldn't say it's awful, it's just a highly team-reliant mode... Which often works against each individual.

It's not all early though. Late game the losing side starts getting some largely passively charged Specials, allowing breakthroughs. It's more about opening strong, trying to hold the lead, but pushing forward at any possible point. If you're losing, it becomes a game of flanks, covering your grounds, and Specials.

Tonight was a roller coaster for me. 37 to 72 in an undefeated streak. Stayed in the 60's... Then tilted back to 34. Should have quit while ahead.

J@hranimo

Banned
Oh man congrats StAidan! I wish I saw your ascension to S+. Sounds pretty spectacular.

Seeing everyone work their way up is really encouraging me to get to S+. Time to bring my Hero Shot and push.

StAidan

Thanks guys... here's the VOD of my hour-long run last night, starting at S 84 and incurring 3 losses before turning the tide in my favor with 7 straight wins:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-qOUud5wI8

The final round starts at 50:00-ish minutes, which actually wasn't as impressive as the others (aside from my quad-kill at the end of the match), but I won't complain. I can now pick up and play Xenoblade X in a couple weeks without feeling like I've left something in Splatoon undone.

EulaCapra

Ugh, just played with two players by the names of "Paris" and "Happy" who did nothing but troll my team (and the opposing team the next round). They'd purposely get sub-200 points in Turf Wars.

I go to Friends List and Users Played With to block them, and judging by their Miis, they're the elusive female trolls I've only read in mythology books.

KeigoNiwa

So remember that treehouse Splatoon tournament that was talked about in the direct last week? Is that happening today? I thought I read that somewhere

Edit: Nevermind, the direct said December, not sure where I heard it would happen today.

HF2014

My god. Gambling to reroll your stats is really not that easy to get what you want. Hot some Red Hi-Tops i want to reroll stats for at least 2 swim speed up, amd after 4 try and 120000 spent, no chance, only got one each time. I think i will keep looking for swim speed up items only.... God people getting 3 same sub are lucky .

ChrisD

My god. Gambling to reroll your stats is really not that easy to get what you want. Hot some Red Hi-Tops i want to reroll stats for at least 2 swim speed up, amd after 4 try and 120000 spent, no chance, only got one each time. I think i will keep looking for swim speed up items only.... God people getting 3 same sub are lucky .

Cheat it. I've gotta' set aside some time at some point to do so. You back-up your save or something, and just revert back if you don't get the rolls you want.

Because really, screw Spyke.

OMG My Nordic Hat rolled perfectly just through play! Comeback Main, Quick Respawn Triple. I'm so BibleThump right now. ;-;

Geg

Yeah, spyke's rolls are weird. Sometimes he'll give you a brand's preferred triple on your first try and sometimes he won't give it to you after more than 50. And sometimes he'll give you triples of other random abilities

ryechu

Yeah, spyke's rolls are weird. Sometimes he'll give you a brand's preferred triple on your first try and sometimes he won't give it to you after more than 50. And sometimes he'll give you triples of other random abilities

that is what randomness do.

Kangi

At first I wondered what the point was in having a "400 points of ink" bonus as the threshold for getting experience, since it seemed like it might as well have been a "you exist" blurb showing up on each post-game screen.

But then I realized that 400p is actually asking a lot of some of these teammates. Level 50 teammates. Every match.

Did I mention this game frustrates me? Because it does.

SM239

Both the Bamboozler MKII and the Hydra released in the same week? Best weapons week confirmed. Been waiting for both of these to drop.

Jintor

明日11月21日午前11時、新しいブキ「ハイドラント」が追加される。
消火栓のように高圧でインクを発射する最長射程のスピナーだ。
チャージが長く、後方支援を得意とする。サブは「スプラッシュボム」、スペシャルは「スーパーセンサー」だ。

Tomorrow, Nov 21 11AM, the new weapon - the Hydra - will be added.

Fires high-pressure ink like a fire hydrant - the longest range splatling. Charge time is long, so it's a better support weapon.

Sub is splash bombs, Special is super-sensor.

Top Bottom