• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

ChrisD

Tomorrow, Nov 21 11AM, the new weapon - the Hydra - will be added.

Fires high-pressure ink like a fire hydrant - the longest range splatling. Charge time is long, so it's a better support weapon.

Sub is splash bombs, Special is super-sensor.

Alright so Splash Bombs.
Does that mean Burst Bombs? Or Splat/Suction? Because I don't want to get my hopes up again from mixing up my bombs. If the thing has Burst Bombs count me IN.

HF2014

Cheat it. I've gotta' set aside some time at some point to do so. You back-up your save or something, and just revert back if you don't get the rolls you want.

Because really, screw Spyke.

OMG My Nordic Hat rolled perfectly just through play! Comeback Main, Quick Respawn Triple. I'm so BibleThump right now. ;-;

I really think im going to cheat it, but getting back to 120k will take time jesus. And grats on your perfect roll!

Btw, whats the easiest way to make money, normal or ranked match? Im still not sure, in normal match i get easily 1000-1400 depending of win or lost, but ranked match give you 2500, but its not a sure shot. Im still wondering whats the best way, time speaking

backlot

I really think im going to cheat it, but getting back to 120k will take time jesus. And grats on your perfect roll!

Btw, whats the easiest way to make money, normal or ranked match? Im still not sure, in normal match i get easily 1000-1400 depending of win or lost, but ranked match give you 2500, but its not a sure shot. Im still wondering whats the best way, time speaking

Being good at ranked is the best way.

ChrisD

I lost 720k in my last go 'round with Spyke. Ended up with the exact same thing I sent in. I still have that gear as a reminder to never play his games again.

Fastest way is definitely Ranked. The higher your rank, the more money per win. Like, at S a KO gets you 4,500, and normal wins still get you around 4k. So even if you lose three games (therefore winning nothing) and win the fourth, you're still even with winning four Turf Wars.

I lost 720k in my last go 'round with Spyke. Ended up with the exact same thing I sent in. I still have that gear as a reminder to never play his games again.

Fastest way is definitely Ranked. The higher your rank, the more money per win. Like, at S a KO gets you *4,500, and normal wins still get you around 4k. So even if you lose three games (therefore winning nothing) and win the fourth, you're still even with winning four Turf Wars.

*S gives you 5500 for a KO and S+ gives 6500 per KO.
:)

HF2014

Fastest way is definitely Ranked. The higher your rank, the more money per win. Like, at S a KO gets you 4,500, and normal wins still get you around 4k. So even if you lose three games (therefore winning nothing) and win the fourth, you're still even with winning four Turf Wars.

Ohh, didnt realise you get more money because of your rank. Interesting, thanks for the info.

ChrisD

Watch them have it on Thanksgiving like the last one falling on Halloween. Just to throw off everyone who can't play on those days.

EulaCapra

I will laugh if North American Splatfest is on Thanksgiving or Black Friday.

Splatoon already tried to ruin your friends and family's Fourth of July and pre-Halloween Friday plans this year.

Still no splatfest announcements for NA or EU? I wonder what the deal is
Assuming they are once every 3 weeks now EU is on schedule for announcement tomorrow (and splatfest next week*) and I guess NA is trying to get back to not being the same time as Japan (maybe for sever reasons which I think is why EU get delayed a month back) so took a week off. Stupid Japan having that one week delay a while back messing this all up (still salty the clearly Halloween themed splatfest ended up being pushed to 7th November because lolNOE).

*-At least I hope so I really don't want a Splatfest on 5th December. That is Xenoblade X time.

Watch them have it on Thanksgiving like the last one falling on Halloween. Just to throw off everyone who can't play on those days.
Why would they change it from Saturday. Just to be Staay Sallty?

Kito

Is there any other low polygon fanart like Junahu's avatar?

image.php

Gila Moo

Neo Member
I recently had a 1v3 battle where I was the unfortunate one. Despite the fact that you can't be harmed while standing in the respawn point the other team repeatedly kept coming within my range and I was able to get a few splats.

ChrisD

Hydra's underwhelming.
This valued opinion brought to you by fifteen seconds in Sheldon's Test Zone.

Hydra's REALLY underwhelming.
This opinion brought to you by my first 4HydraVS4Hydra match of the night.

Next up, with Run Speeds.

ChrisD

Unless you want Echolocator this weapon is underwhelming as *. :x

The charge up is slow as molasses, the range doesn't seem THAT much longer than Heavy's, and the damage is the same (I think?). Splat Bombs are alright, but I don't see them aiding much since charging takes forever.

Oh yeah, you also move pretty slow even with RSU.

Regiruler

It lasts longer, but I'm not kidding when I say it charges slowly. Almost not worth fully filling up.

How reliable are it's kills at lower charge? It may find a eliter-like (pre-nerf, anyway) niche depending on how the damage scales, and since it should logically be on a per-shot basis, the scaling shouldn't be too weird.

Could someone do a comparison for a single shot between normal, hydra, and for comparison's sake mini?

Acerac

Banned
Anyone know when is the next splatfest? It's been 3 weeks since the last one, but I guess the cycles have slowed down.

EulaCapra

I just realized, if you bought Splatoon recently, does that mean you have an endless parade of update information screens from Callie and Marie (and Sheldon for new weapons) to keep clicking through?

Nightii

Banned
I just realized, if you bought Splatoon recently, does that mean you have an endless parade of update information screens from Callie and Marie (and Sheldon for new weapons) to keep clicking through?
I bought the game last saturday, and the Squid Sisters have not been an issue, only had to go through the initial broadcast, the updates for Bamboozler MK II and Hydra Splatling, and the usual Stage Rotation Update.

Shedon on the other hand, has been a true barrage of dialogue, every time I level up, thankfully I'm only two levels away from 20.

And that's not all! You are also ready for...

Vecks

I stopped playing for a few months and when I checked out the new weapons, Sheldon just went on and on for like a minute. They should really put a skip button.

DaBoss

I bought the game last saturday, and the Squid Sisters have not been an issue, only had to go through the initial broadcast, the updates for Bamboozler MK II and Hydra Splatling, and the usual Stage Rotation Update.

Shedon on the other hand, has been a true barrage of dialogue, every time I level up, thankfully I'm only two levels away from 20.

And that's not all! You are also ready for...
I stopped playing for a few months and when I checked out the new weapons, Sheldon just went on and on for like a minute. They should really put a skip button.
Yea, the Squid Sisters are nothing compared to Sheldon's ability to annoy someone.

Kito

I've never read what Sheldon, nor the Squid Sisters, actually say. Ugliest and most unreadable font, above all else. I only know the sisters' personalities from screenshots and splatfest transcripts on reddit.

-shadow-

Turn the audio on :p (I don't get why twitter plays videos without sound enabled half the time)

Ah I'm hearing it. I thought the video simply had no sound :p

So uh, the average American/European Charger is underwhelming. I don't fear them, and I don't want them on my team. :L

I can understand. I've never been able to hit a single person with any of the chargers. I find any of them them to be absolutely terrible.

ChrisD

Good. I'm actually having fun in S rank for once lol.

I'm having fun, but MAN these guys are also salty (and annoying) as *! Two teammates died once beside me and I lived. For the rest of the FIVE MINUTE AND OVERTIME game, he spammed C'mon, Boo-yah, and would rapid tap me when he died, but not actually super-jump to me.

First people I've blocked on the Wii U in hopes I don't see them again.

Edit: Alright, I'm just going to mute my GamePad lol. Every round has a voice spammer, that gets annoying really fast.

Second Edit: Filthy Gaijin must have learned how to Krak-On Roller from the great JoeKing. Beakons aren't required, they probably just show where people are.

Wiseblade

I'm starting to lose hope I'll ever get out of the B+ ghetto. It just seems like connection issues and teammates that completely ignore the match are constantly holding me back.

EDIT: Clearly whining pays off, because I just Ranked Up.

Top Bottom