• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

Azure J

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01hwqqb.jpg

"Mission accomplished."

Diffense

I'm starting to lose hope I'll ever get out of the B+ ghetto. It just seems like connection issues and teammates that completely ignore the match are constantly holding me back.

EDIT: Clearly whining pays off, because I just Ranked Up.

I've had long strings of Splat Zones matches where I'm the only person getting significant # of kills and my team is dying A LOT. I'm getting double digit kills to single digit deaths and it's the opposite for everyone else except perhaps one other person pulling his/her weight.

I have to be killing AND painting with my slow blaster because everytime I looked at the map teammates were respawning or off in some remote corner of the map. I left the group every time and it kept happening. I don't consider myself to be great but Is the average splatoon player REALLY bad?

This happened when I was ranked A too. How did so many terrible people get to A/A+ after it had taken me so long? Having people ranked A and A+ pulling down your team (and connection errors) is a great way to lose a ton of points and drop ranking really fast. Before long I was back at B+ where I'd been stuck for ages.

Geg

To anyone who says they want regional matchmaking, just tell them to try playing turf war during Japan's splatfest. I haven't gone a single game without someone teleporting or disconnecting, and in one of my games a teammate was completely invisible, inking ground, throwing splat bombs around, and killing enemies

Fandangox

So now that I have a TV temporarily, and Smash is having input delay, I can play this again.

Anyone having a match right now? I pretty much haven't played since the first NA Splatfest.

ChrisD

So now that I have a TV temporarily, and Smash is having input delay, I can play this again.

Anyone having a match right now? I pretty much haven't played since the first NA Splatfest.

I was just about to play Ranked, if you'd like to duo Squad in Rainmaker!

I highly suggest checking out the Discord Channel in the second post of the thread. That's where basically all matchmaking goes. It's also where most of the thread's activity went. :p

Fandangox

I was just about to play Ranked, if you'd like to duo Squad in Rainmaker!

I highly suggest checking out the Discord Channel in the second post of the thread. That's where basically all matchmaking goes. It's also where most of the thread's activity went. :p

Thanks! will check the discord channel.

Azure J

I'm sounding like a record here congratulating you all! :p

First time in S+, Azure? I swear you've reached it before.

Higest score before I decided to YOLO it this week was like S 60. Then I played a Mall/Skatepark SZ rotation and rode that from S 39 to S 94, lost two or so matches and camped on S 81 for a bit before pushing over the hump earlier today.

S rank was so goddamn hard to me for such a long time until this past run. It was the first time where I could clearly identify what was going wrong with myself, adapted and felt like I played the best I could, no room for salt.

(Reactions however happened quite profusely. :lol)

StAidan

After achieving my S+ the other day, I finally checked my Splatoon playtime. It was 353 hours in total, 315 on my main account and 38 on the alt. I realize that's small potatoes to some of you guys here, but 353 hours is more time than all the games I played last year combined. lol...

ChrisD

Those games where you know for fact you set up a win for your team but the idiot who picked up the RM didn't want your way.

Inked the main path of Triggerfish because they only had the Distance counter down to 44. We didn't even need to make it far into the main path, but I was holding it down in full and had Bubbler ready. Called C'mon RAPIDLY as we were in Overtime, partner followed suit. NOPE. Person who picked up the RM went side-lane, died trying to charge up a shot.

He deserves the loss. >_>

Japan 8th Splatfest

Land food vs. Sea food

Popularity 48% vs. 52%
Winning rate 49% vs. 51%
Final score 342 vs. 358

Sea food wins.

As I expect, even though I still choose team land food. :p

Vecks

Japan 8th Splatfest

Land food vs. Sea food

Popularity 48% vs. 52%
Winning rate 49% vs. 51%
Final score 342 vs. 358

Sea food wins.

As I expect, even though I still choose team land food. :p

That's surprising. I thought sea food would be way more popular in Japan. Those results are really close.

ChrisD

I.... I may have learned a bad habit from the few hours of playing with only Americans.
I'm rapid pinging Boo-yah when I know the loss is guaranteed.
Forgive me.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Love this team, it's like they dragged their little sister to play and they dress nice.
They won a round because opponents thought it was smart to bring 4 brushes to Saltspray

B62v9E7.png

ChrisD

Love this team, it's like they dragged their little sister to play and they dress nice.
They won a round because opponents thought it was smart to bring 4 brushes to Saltspray

B62v9E7.png

Awww.

And what?

Left the rotation with S 57. Had a 10.5 Winstreak, so something was working.
Goodnight, sweet prince of RM on Camp and Museum.
You will only half be missed, Museum is a bore fest when people get distance. It's so easy to turtle.

Robotguy

Just saw an S+ go 1/12 as Hydra.
I don't know guys, this may not be redeemable until Custom.
I haven't seen him play it, but Key from The Squid Box claims to be absolutely reking with hyrda.
But then again he can do well with anything. He got an alt account to S+ on stream using H3 only so, yeah...

ChrisD

Does he just have godlike aim or something? If that's the case I don't see why he wouldn't just wreck with normal Heavy/Deco. :/

tkscz

(Comes into thread after being away for a long time, sees everyone becoming S rank). Well... I have some work ahead of me.

Ansatz

Can someone teach me how to play Flounder Heights properly?

Whenever my team takes over mid we never seem to get control over the upper parts. It's just a constant back and forth chaos, never any ordered play. I guess there are too many angles to cover with randoms? It's the one map where I backstab others the most, I just pop up somewhere and the other guy doesn't even notice me. And when I'm the one holding upper it's hard to control the area for longer periods of time. I'm really starting to hate that map.

Nightii

Banned
Man, I'm just as guilty, but they should really rename Tower Control to Luna Blaster Wars.
Tell me about it! I had to switch back to regular Slosher because Tri's Bubbler would only get me pushed off by all them Blaster shots! Burst Bombs kinda help me fight this better, but so far it seems they are still not a good match lol.

I really hate my teammates in Turf War, but curses if I don't love the maps this rotation, Camp Triggerfish and Museum. Money for dayz, being spawn camped the whole match? ppft, still rake in an easy thousand.

So I decided to put one of my scores up on reddit:

Sometimes bad teammates can be a good thing

I meant that in the way that since they're not turfing that much, I can just reap the money.

I'm being called out guys:

All but one had a positive K/D and the amount of turf they inked isn't always indicative of their input (especially in the charger user's case).
It's easy to look like the big guy with your score when you've got an Aerospray RG in hand and an entire lobby of players much lower-leveled than you.
How are they bad teammates? Sorry I don't see it. All I see is one opportunist trying to boast their ego by showing off how they made 2000+ pts off a noob team.
To have spray scores that high when your team loses - all that demonstrates is that you are more focused on getting spray points than helping the team to win.

Giving us aerosprays a bad rep.
As long as you're active for the whole match the tactic might work in Turf Wars but honestly you're really hindering your progress as a general player by being so turf centric. What's your rank?

Reddit says I'm being a bad player in turf war for focusing on painting turf guys, help.

Could be worse, Kappa

Top Bottom