• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

WALKMAN04

GGs

It's another thing Nintendo should fix on the next patch. If host leaves, which can happen at any time for any reason, it should switch over to another player in the room. I sent some of you in the room friend requests. Going to get a room going in 5 minutes or so.
Yeah Ggs, didn't know it would kick everyone out, thought it would give host duty to someone else, that sucks
Edit: in a room again could use 1 more

Nightbird

So, I bought Splatoon today, any Tipps for a beginner?

Also, is there no Matchmaking in Splatfests? I struggled to get to Level 4 with all those Level 20+ Players around me >.>

Hackworth

If you're new, keep moving and focus on spraying the floor and avoiding opponents. Jumping in and getting exploded can hurt your teammates nearby.
Use the Splattershot JR because it's actually amazing. Don't be one of those newbies who immediately jumps to the chargers without learning how to aim.

NotLiquid is correct, playing single player is a good way to practice. If you have the Amiibos, they can help with other weapons.

Unrelated, but I've figured out why my internet is so bad: Windows 10 autodownloading three times and eating an entire months worth of data.

NotLiquid

Also, is there no Matchmaking in Splatfests? I struggled to get to Level 4 with all those Level 20+ Players around me >.>

Experiment with all the weapons and find your niche. Play the single player to practice with the basic weapons. Take your time, don't feel pressured to do your own thing in Turf Wars.

Nightbird

Experiment with all the weapons and find your niche. Play the single player to practice with the basic weapons. Take your time, don't feel pressured to do your own thing in Turf Wars.

Okay got it! :)

I'm not even doing much in Turf Wars due the Splatfests. I mostly stay close to the base, and try to keep our half of the Map painted in our Colour haha

Geg

Normally there's a more skill or playstyle-based matchmaking system that matches you with players who get scores similar to yours when you play, but yeah that doesn't seem to happen in Splatfest. It seems to match players based entirely on what team they're on.

The single player is a great way to get used to the mechanics and gyro controls if you're using them.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Well I give up for the night. Three unstable connection matches in row. My win streak was completely murdered by that.

Ahnez

Marshmallow players says Hot Dog players are bad

Hot Dog players says Marshmallow players are bad

Random matchmaking at its finest

I would really be shocked if marshmellows won the most win games section. Unless they really picked up from what I played earlier today cause earlier was just yikes. Still got to marshmellow queen. <3

Ozium

How am I supposed to rank up in Splatfest when it takes 1 minute just to match w/ hot dogs?

also ppl on team marshmallow are bad and should feel bad..

0-3 splatfest RIP

Geg

First Marshmallow vs. Hot Dog match of the evening, won 70.2% to 15%. Marshmallows still strong

edit: Ha, they really did fix the uneven teams bug. Three hot dogs just joined the room and then disappeared again after another second

Finally made it!
WVW69iRR7ycVYqqNHN

Not
squidding
around when I say I spent almost all day maxing out to this rank. Had a lot of losses but the teams I was in had a few good win streaks here and there.

Win or lose, I'm glad I stuck around.

fhqwhgads

My first splatfest.
The hassle isn't worth it. No amount of rewards is worth playing for hours with shit teams because random matchmaking was such a good idea.
Also who thought it was a good idea to have both Arowana Mall and Moray Towers in the same map rotation

Re: bad teammates

Splatfests are basically "C- Rooms: Turf War Edition". If you get on a good team and stick with them you'll wreck shit. But, even if you have poor luck with teams, you should still win the vast majority of your games through carrying. Not all of them of course, but you should still be able to get well into SO HAWT!!! without much of a problem.

For reference, what I did was play defensively with the Splat Roller. Didn't have too much trouble getting to Champion.

Ozium

Re: bad teammates

Splatfests are basically "C- Rooms: Turf War Edition". If you get on a good team and stick with them you'll wreck shit. But, even if you have poor luck with teams, you should still win the vast majority of your games through carrying. Not all of them of course, but you should still be able to get well into SO HAWT!!! without much of a problem.

For reference, what I did was play defensively with the Splat Roller. Didn't have too much trouble getting to Champion.

was just on a team where 3 people who are not me decided it would be worth their time to focus on a little patch of enem paint in front of our base than to go ink other places..

okay

SM239

Camping the 2nd jump on towers is so easy with the splash wall. The enemy just keeps jumping into or behind the wall and can't do anything but get splatted instantly or try and run and get splatted. Sure they could try and flank me, but this is splatfest. lol

Acerac

Banned
Team Marshmallow has been stomping recently. The scale to queen was quick and painless.

I wonder if it'll be enough to make up for earlier?

Ozium

Blackbelly Skatepark

team Marshmallow, 2 fucking chargers sitting at spawn not doing jack shit, not inking anything not killing anything

one of them went 1 and 6.. I am using a fucking aerospray and got 11-2 and was the only person who decided to move to the middle of the map or beyond.

fuck team marshmallow

edit: and then one of them started spamming "CMON" with 20 seconds left... I want to find that kid and choke the hell out of him I dont care if he's 6 or 16

I'm on team marshmallow and I've lost count of how many times my team has lost while I score around 1000 points.

It would be nice to at least get an occasional win. =/

Geg

Man I don't know how to deal with teams of fast short range weapons who charge up and swarm your side of the map early on Moray, that's so different from how anyone on Gaf plays except Kas lol

Hackworth

So I'm sitting on my eighth loss in a row because I keep getting matched with people who pick weapons they apparently can't use.
700 points is not an acceptable maximum score, I don't care if I'm the one who got it.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Got in a good squad and amassed 29 straight wins. Hitting Queen rank went much quicker compared to previous Splatfests \o/

Never got into a South Pole vs South Pole match, so I assume North Pole won the popularity vote.

Discovered I'm not a fan of Camp Triggerfish, especially with the short-ranged Aerospray RG I tend to use. But Moray Towers is great.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Man I don't know how to deal with teams of fast short range weapons who charge up and swarm your side of the map early on Moray, that's so different from how anyone on Gaf plays except Kas lol

The last Moray Towers match I was playing with Sendou, Walkman etc. I thought we were playing Splat Zones but actually played turf war. I was using the Splattershot thinking we were playing Splat zones and it screwed me up. Match was mostly at a stalemate and we ended up losing. Had I had Roller I think we would've won that match.

Anyways GGs everyone, had to run. Should be back on later.

OryoN

Ugh, disconnects ruining my vibe meter

Yeah, same here. Every time I finally had a good team, I'd get d/c, so not only was my vibe meter affected, but I'd sometimes go on a losing streak(despite doing really well most of the time) due teammates not putting in decent work. The latter half of play was much less frustrating in that respect. After roughly 2-2.5 hrs of actual in-game playtime(not counting breaks, or lobby waiting), I finally reached Hotdog King status. A bit of a grind, but I didn't mind since this the first time I got to put decent time into splatfest. I participated in every splatfest thus far, but until today, never made it past 'defender' status due to working late. Anxious for my super sea snails reward! Just be good to me Spyke!

NotLiquid

Splatfest Cycle:

Get unlucky connecting with a few bad squad members
Lose the next 3-4 rounds as you reconnect to find better squad members
"Shit, Team -x- sucks"
Get lucky in connecting with a good squad
Stay with the squad for the next 20 games
"Team -y- ain't shit, step up your game"
Disconnect in the Lobby after a hot streak
Repeat

Top Bottom