• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Christmas Eve vs Christmas Day
Red/White vs Red/Green
Father Christmas vs Santa Claus
Lapland vs North Pole

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
http://40.media.tumblr.com/23262af37efc39ddd56d2027ef6cbc22/tumblr_nz045mpSxR1u3akyno1_1280.jpg

American Splatfest:
Naughty vs. Nice

Callie on Team Naughty seems kinda backwards lmao

seems right to me (¬‿¬)

But yeah, Naughty might be more popular, especially with what looks to be red ink. Might have to go Team Marie for the win. =\

8YcHPHe.png

Confirmed.

#TeamNaughty

SeanR1221

Getting back into this game is fun. I was killing it with the Splat o Matic. The splattershot with the bazooka power up isn't bad either.

Any recommendations for guns similar to the splat o Matic?

Rubikant

Yeah, got my shells before going to bed last night. Then I checked the shops for Mawcassins ... not there. But the first inkling I checked in the hub had Mawcassins! Fuckin' ordered. They're the last piece I need for my Special Charge Up-Ink Recovery-Ink Saver Main build to use with the Jet Squelcher. I technically have a build for that already, but I like the look of the Red Vector Tee better than the White Shirt. And going with Red Vector Tee necessitates that I use Mawcassins instead of Orange Arrows. (My headgear for both builds is Fake Contacts.)

And I have to thank Rubikant for his cool script for finding the Mawcassins, which let me use Red Vector Tee instead of White Shirt. Didn't realize that combo was possible since the Mawcassins were added in one of the later updates!

You're welcome :)

SeanR1221

Am I missing the big deal about red ink?

I guess it could kind of look like blood? But I mean....it's clearly not.

Are tests corrected in blood? ;)

KevinCow

Banned
It's been used in some local tournaments done by Nintendo (which is mainly for the purpose of advertising), some early Japanese online tournaments and the very first Western online tournament (which was a disaster) - but the opinion right now is that it is unsuitable for competitive play and it's only used in fun/gimmick tournaments.

That's disappointing. It's my favorite mode. I like that I can contribute to the team without necessarily getting into a lot of confrontation with enemies.

Why have they decided that it's unsuitable for competitive play? I mean that's like deciding that a basic deathmatch is unsuitable for competitive play in a normal FPS, isn't it?

ChrisD

Marie's just pretending to be Team Nice so she can get on Santa's good side

As a kid I would try to be nicer in the week leading up to Christmas for this reason (sans Santa part, replace that with parents). Looks like my side is chosen.

How it never occurred to dumb child me that gifts were bought in advance is still a mystery. Hoped I was smarter than that lol.

Picked up a Wii U bundle with this in it and I'm absolutely loving the game. It's so refreshing.

Question about Splatfests: I picked hamburger and we won. I played a good bit during the Splatfest, so I have a nice amount of snail shells. I recall reading somewhere that they expire?

If so: When? Should I use it on gear that I may or may not keep just to make sure I spend them? In that same vein, should I just buy stuff to spend them on?

DaBoss

Picked up a Wii U bundle with this in it and I'm absolutely loving the game. It's so refreshing.

Question about Splatfests: I picked hamburger and we won. I played a good bit during the Splatfest, so I have a nice amount of snail shells. I recall reading somewhere that they expire?

If so: When? Should I use it on gear that I may or may not keep just to make sure I spend them? In that same vein, should I just buy stuff to spend them on?
Once you have the snails, they are there for good.

It's if you do not get the snails by the next time they announce splatfest that you will be awarded no snails the next time you play.

Wait, wut? It's tonight!? How? Why? Has this sort of thing happened before?

I don't know if it's tonight for sure. Most Splatfests take place on Friday night going into Saturday night, and the US Splatoon Tumblr lists that "tomorrow" is the Splatfest, but I didn't see when it was posted.

EDIT: I'm dumb.

noshten

How is it decided if the platforms are raised or lowered on Mahi on Rainmaker? Played it last night and it appeared that the platforms were raised certain rounds for full duration or lowered for full duration in other rounds.

Kito

How is it decided if the platforms are raised or lowered on Mahi on Rainmaker? Played it last night and it appeared that the platforms were raised certain rounds for full duration or lowered for full duration in other rounds.

http://splatoonwiki.org/wiki/Mahi-Mahi_Resort:

Splat Zones
In Splat Zones, the block in the center has been removed, and a platform covers the moat and acts as the Splat zone. Once a team's meter reaches 60, the water level drops, revealing the many platforms under the water's surface, creating cover, and more area to move about. A few walls have been added to provide cover and space to move/attack.

Tower Control
The Tower in Mahi-Mahi Resort starts off in the center of the map, on top of a block that can be climbed by only 2 sides of it, it goes to the enemy's base around flotating platforms and higher ground, The water level drops at the beginning.

Rainmaker
The Rainmaker in Mahi-Mahi Resort starts off in the center of the map, on top of a large crate. Each goal is located in their respective team's base, on the level right below. A few floating platforms have been added and some boxes have been placed to aid the player carrying the rainmaker to proceed to the goal. A row of balloons has also been extended to block Rainmaker shots. Once the Rainmaker's meter reaches 40 , the water level drops, revealing more platforms, walls and a ramp to make traveling into the enemy's base easier.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Pretty sure the Naughty vs. Nice Splatfest will be next Saturday (Dec. 19, my birthday eve!) while voting for it will begin tomorrow.

ffdgh

Naughty and nice huh. Guess I'm waiting again to see who's more popular

..why couldn't marie be naughty? She'd have a chance of winning >_>...though the fact red ink is an option, nice may have a shot.

ChrisD

Is it true that everybody's using brushes now or did I get trolled? Because I actually believed that.

Marie's pretty much a great example of Minnesota Nice so it's a good fit.

lolno with the brushes thing. I guess they see more play than before? Don't pay much attention to them.
Krak-On, Carbon, and Dynamo are still used in Turf War and Ranked.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Collected my Mawcassins that I ordered the other day, plopped two more slots into them, then leveled up those slots. I did pretty OK in the handful of Tower Control games I played. Singlehandedly took the thing from 100 to 4 before dying to a slosher in one game, then a teammate immediately hopped on to seal the deal. The other team didn't even last a minute, LoL.

Rerolled the Mawcassins like a dozen times before finally getting two Special Charge Ups and one Swim Speed Up. I guess I'll stick with that for now ... So I've switched to my Red Vector Tee, happily.

Naughty and nice huh. Guess I'm waiting again to see who's more popular

..why couldn't marie be naughty? She'd have a chance of winning >_>...though the fact red ink is an option, nice may have a shot.

naughty (Callie) is red, nice (Marie) is green

if you want to be on the winning side, go Marie this time, IMO.

Zink mini splatling is the only loadout I'll ever use that has disruptors. So much fun :D

That said, I think I will still use the mini splatling as well, but in different situations. Normal mini if I'm dealing with chargers as the primary threat, Zink mini otherwise.

Top Bottom