• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

Geg

NSTC ended up losing to Omohide 4-1 in the first set and then 4-2 in the bracket reset, but damn those were some intense games. Great job all of you

noshten

;_;

NSTC 2nd
N2STC 7th

great tournament overall though, hope anyone who watched enjoyed!

Great showing from you guys, MM is the best team in the World pretty much.

Sadly spectator mode is a real killer in these casts, the missing link.

Sendou

great win

lol @ sendou swimming up the wall at the end there

That's a good strat by the way. Allows you to see if someone is coming over the wall before they do.

Thanks for all the GAFfers that gave us their support! I'm so proud of what we achieved here but of course at the same time I'm also looking forward to future tournaments.

Kito

Some very comedic moments in Sendou's stream when he had a bomb rush face off against another Luna on the rainmaker's shield in Arowana, and when he made a charger zigzag their laser near the spawn in Port.

After two and a half weeks of sporadic ranked play, went from C- to S. Should have let it stand after making it that far, but I was on a roll! One unlucky streak later, and I'm one loss from ranking back down to A+. Oh well, S+ will happen for me one day.

Crisium

I made S+ for the second time, whoo!

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01leo9v.jpg
5QBW4t2.png

Those glasses were my order today and they came with only 1 Quick Respawn. Through good luck I got the next two naturally my first time. Meanwhile I'm just using the shirt for Swim Speed and I have been meaning to reroll it until I get some combination of all SSU, QRS, or QSJ.

Robotguy

Inkstorm was great today! 2nd place and 7th place in the most prestigious western tournament. Not bad. It was very exciting to watch the matches even though I didn't get any playtime today. I'm looking forward to even better results in the future as our coordination with our recent pickups improves. Unfortunately this will be my last tourney for a few months, as I will be extremely busy soon. But I'm motivated to do improve my play to the highest level to contribute more to future tournaments when I come back.

Notes:
NSTC1 became the first Non-Japanese team to make it to Inkstorm grand finals from the winners bracket.
NSTC also upheld it's record of being the last Non-Japanese team in the winners bracket in every inkstorm by being the last team in the winners bracket.

Geg

Yeah lots of people were watching Nekura in the voice chat during the finals yesterday. There were a lot of reactions about how ridiculous his snipes were

Sendou

I made S+ for the second time, whoo!

5QBW4t2.png

Those glasses were my order today and they came with only 1 Quick Respawn. Through good luck I got the next two naturally my first time. Meanwhile I'm just using the shirt for Swim Speed and I have been meaning to reroll it until I get some combination of all SSU, QRS, or QSJ.

THOSE GLASSES THOUGH

Btw why Ink Saver Main (Luna uses no ink at all) and you should reroll those shoes until they have 3 swim speed up. Shouldn't be too hard!

abd

Unfortunately, that only works with the Japanese version the last time I saw this. I hope an English version can be worked on soon.

Yeah. The website has an English version, but you would need to know Japanese to upload the data.

Crisium

THOSE GLASSES THOUGH

Btw why Ink Saver Main (Luna uses no ink at all) and you should reroll those shoes until they have 3 swim speed up. Shouldn't be too hard!

That was just a filler set for the shirt from what I first got leveling it up. I rerolled it about 6-7 times and was rewarded with this:

e2qxmiD.png

When I get another big bank I will reroll the shoes hoping for 3x Swim Speed Up. But right now this is now my favourite clothing combo for Octobrush and Luna. Gets me back into the fight quickly, and splitting QRS with SSU seems to be a smart way to do it without too much scaling.

Robotguy

Yeah. The website has an English version, but you would need to know Japanese to upload the data.
They have an automatic stat tracking program that watches your stream and updates everything, but it only works with the Japanese version of the game.

Nico_D

Thanks Robotguy and Tingly! I have to check them out.

On another news,I too started an alt yesterday evening. Played turf up to level 10 after which I switched to Ranked and charger. I must say, playing Rainmaker with C's is a strange strange business. Twin Peaks strange.

Got to C+ before dozing off. Gotta continue. I am only at lvl 12 so four more before I'm getting Splatterscope. I don't like The Stick.

Nico_D

Oh yeah, now the fun begins. B-. In other words: run to get The Fish first despite having no idea what to do with it.

Hackworth

Are Ink Resistance shoes still good? I've been keeping them out of habit but I'm thinking I might try for a full Quick Respawn set.

Nico_D

Adventures in the alt land continue.

Carrying in B ranks. Can it be done?

Tower Control, Walleye. I went 24/8 and we lost. Why? Because we had two other no-good chargers in our team going 5/8 and 5/something. Including not muching riding the tower until it was too late.

Luckily this is alt so I'm not as salty as I was the first time around.

Nico_D

is alting even productive? within 3 matches from a lvl 4 account I was being paired with lvl 50s :T

I've understood the game records how you play and pairs you with similar leveled players - skill-wise. The same happened to me when I had to stop playing with single-digits for a while and then returned: I was at +20 or something and the room was full of 50s.

Robotguy

Are Ink Resistance shoes still good? I've been keeping them out of habit but I'm thinking I might try for a full Quick Respawn set.
I wear them for some close combat weapons where I may be playing in/near enemy ink frequently. I wouldn't bother with them for any midrange/ longer range weapons.
is alting even productive? within 3 matches from a lvl 4 account I was being paired with lvl 50s :T
Not really. I guess you can use it to play new weapons if you don't want to risk ruining your rank, or use it to squad with lower rank players without getting matched against high rank squads, but I don't really use mine at all.

JCX

Feel like I've hit my ceiling around A/A- . Rainmaker matches are either over in less than a minute or super long, drawn out overtime matches.

ChrisD

I hate it whenever you play your best and you still lose. 17/3 Jr. on Port Rainmaker! I was also the one who wiped out the enemies when they made their strong push, and then moved the RM to one distance from beating theirs but couldn't because my teammates wouldn't paint me a path... Partners were all also all mega negatives. What could even be running through the idiots brains?

So in the one game I: killed consistently, wiped out the enemies, pushed, defended, set up my own RM path, and pushed one more time for what should have been the win if I didn't have to set up my own path.

Then I lost five points because they were all S ranks.

On another note, Crisium is in my next game that's loading now. Hope I don't land on your team and drag down from my annoyance at that stupid round...

Edit: No, but my team can still go in the negatives, why not. Why am I playing on tilt.

Just checked while leveling up gear and noticed I have 63 slots still left to unlock on my shirts. 1,890,000 is how much it will cost to open them all.... I won't be saying it when it's actually in effect, but Splatfest please? I require snails!

Top Bottom