• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

L95

Hmm. The next Splatfest is travel to the past or future. Well, Splatoon takes place in the future, and I'm in the past.

But the past pic has a dinosaur on it. I like dinosaurs...

J@hranimo

Banned
tumblr_o0ng1x9vY71u3akyno1_1280.jpg

I'm gonna take the wait and see approach tbh. I really want certain gear rerolled.

J@hranimo

Banned
Lol you're probably right...if all else fails I'll choose The Past.

Stardust Speedway Past Theme for #TeamPast during the Splatfest :p

A world with no Octobrush, and a world with the octobrush.

Considering how inconsistent and pathetically weak the thing is with even 25 points of damage up, I think I'll stick to the Past.

GWX

Discord's been acting up here, so I couldn't comment on matches and stuff with you guys :( Still, GGs! Loved getting murdered again by SM238 (shame he's disconnected, fuck DCs), Sloth, Azure and the likes, like good ol' times :D

GuySloth

Neo Member
Discord's been acting up here, so I couldn't comment on matches and stuff with you guys :( Still, GGs! Loved getting murdered again by SM238 (shame he's disconnected, fuck DCs), Sloth, Azure and the likes, like good ol' times :D
When you showed up in the lobby I was like omg it's GWX, I haven't seen him in forever! I hope you start playing more often it's always good to see familiar faces. I took an extended break myself and it was cool to see everybody still playing.

Sayah

Just started playing this game after keeping it in the shrink wrap for awhile.

It is addictive af.

I love the paint roller. lol.

DaBoss

I actually went and gfy'd this just because that gif was so blurry:

https://giant.gfycat.com/MetallicFatalApe.webm

One of my favorite recent moments here.
This is pretty slick. Nice.
So is there a youtube guide to advance techniques similar to this Japanese one?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O04MCwPd9pY
Unfortunately, western content for any advanced stuff in Splatoon is pretty much non-existent.

Your best bet is to watch a top-level player and take note of some of their habits.

nom

Like who?

96 Gal (and a few others) - DUDE Twitch / YouTube
52 Gal - Yugo Twitch / YouTube
Luna Blaster - Sendou Twitch / YouTube
Tentatek Splattershot - Fuzzy Twitch / YouTube
Charger - Nikey's Twitch or Nekura's Twitch (Nikey is probably more active though)

DUDE is a good start because he can apply his skills to many weapons and do well but his 96 Gal is his bread and butter. If you want examples of using movement to your advantage I would recommend Fuzzy, another Tentatek with great movement is Pixel but I think Fuzzy is top of the game right now. There's probably 100 or so better examples from Japan but hard to find links for them.

Geg

That reminds me, what changes to saltspray rainmaker did they make in the latest patch? I still haven't looked at it

ChrisD

Look at it like this, at least we don't have OG Underpass for Rainmaker. As much as I'm a fan of both of those map designs, imagine trying to get through the main area with the chokes. Heh, if this was the case we might as well not play that map ever in a Rainmaker rotation. The rainmaker shots would completely shut you out.

I shudder at the thought of Splat Zones on the map/mode combo. How did you guys do it? I never played Ranked when it still existed.

Man that makes me nostalgic for the center area of old underpass. No goddamn trees

I was in single-player the other week to do amiibo stuff, and it was such a strange feeling of nostalgia running through old Underpass. And it wasn't even the lack of paths that first kicked into my mind that it was the old version; that was the lack of trees.

I adore haunt so I'm going to wear it.

You have no spine.

I would love Haunt if 50% of the battles in this game didn't end up in trades (nullifying the assistance for your team), and even more-so if 90% of players didn't use Cold-Blooded.

Geg

I shudder at the thought of Splat Zones on the map/mode combo. How did you guys do it? I never played Ranked when it still existed.

Urchin Underpass splat zones was the mode/map that I ranked up from C- to B in. Granted, since it was rank C- through B rooms most people rarely took advantage of the small entrances to camp and kill enemies. It made for some more fun and chaotic games since generally everyone was always fighting it out in the center area

Azure J

Urchin Underpass splat zones was the mode/map that I ranked up from C- to B in. Granted, since it was rank C- through B rooms most people rarely took advantage of the small entrances to camp and kill enemies. It made for some more fun and chaotic games since generally everyone was always fighting it out in the center area

Vanilla Underpass Splat Zones...

DansFuckingGame

DaBoss

Yea, I bet Urchin was redesigned mainly cause of rainmaker. Just imagining RM on older Underpass is giving me a headache lol.

J@hranimo

Banned

I was in single-player the other week to do amiibo stuff, and it was such a strange feeling of nostalgia running through old Underpass. And it wasn't even the lack of paths that first kicked into my mind that it was the old version; that was the lack of trees.

I would love Haunt if 50% of the battles in this game didn't end up in trades (nullifying the assistance for your team), and even more-so if 90% of players didn't use Cold-Blooded.

Well....I just used the 96 Gal :p

Threw the sprinkler at the top part and shot the chargers on their perches. Chargers were so dominant on OG Underpass simply because mid wasn't as wide as it was now and of course no trees. Clear view for easy sniping. Also the E-liter could snipe all the way to the other perch.

Kito

New resort SZ meta. Choose Carbon Deco, camp behind that teal/cream inflatable the entire game, and only throw seekers. (Jump a bit so they hit the floor.) Typical K/Ds I got were 8-1.

Inspired by a random in solo who did this. The map at this angle gives seekers a lot of mileage, and your special charges super quick.

Robotguy

That reminds me, what changes to saltspray rainmaker did they make in the latest patch? I still haven't looked at it
My understanding from the patch notes was they added a restricted zone but didn't make any changes to the actual layout, though come to think of it I don't think I've played saltspray RM since the last patch either.

Now that I think about it, old Underpass was what forced my sister to learn to try to take the centre before inking her own base. I'd always set up before she got there and lock out her whole team. Eventually she would start rushing the centre of maps as fast as she could and trying to kill me with creative bomb placements, lol.

Top Bottom