• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

ss-hikaru

For me.

Splat/kelp chargers
Eliters
Bamboozlers
Sloshing machine
just about Any weapon with burst bombs
Luna and rapid blasters

Thanks! I was stacking 2 damage up mains for Zink Mini but it didn't really seem to be helping much :p I guess I should just go for special charge up and run speed up.

CO_Andy

For some strange reason my Wii U can't identify my router anymore.

Looks like i'll be Splatoonless for a few weeks until i get the ethernet adapter :(

Regiruler

Did they change the ranked point weights again? I'm getting changes of 3 or so in S rank.

And as soon as I type this I get -5. Go figure.

J@hranimo

Banned
Man, I've been severely neglecting the Slosher Deco. I need to use it more.

Also I can't wait for the Custom Hydra. Using it again today was pretty fun on The Pit.

ChrisD

Did they change the ranked point weights again? I'm getting changes of 3 or so in S rank.

And as soon as I type this I get -5. Go figure.

Depends on where you are in the rank at the time and what rank the rest of the players are. It seemed that +3, -5 is the standard points change in the 80's.

I have tried that but it's not working! People are still playing!

:lol
Really though, why did they have to give an otherwise difficult weapon a killer on one variety, and a Kraken out of Jail free on the other? No other Charger gets those privileges.

ss-hikaru

Man, I've been severely neglecting the Slosher Deco. I need to use it more.

Also I can't wait for the Custom Hydra. Using it again today was pretty fun on The Pit.

Bucket didn't really click for me at first but now that I've tried the Sloshing Machine I'm thinking of going back and trying them all :)

Also waiting impatiently for the Custom Hydra....I really really want more bubble special weapons >.<

Geg

eW8hiIC.jpg

Defense up &#128077;

ChrisD

eW8hiIC.jpg

Defense up &#128077;

I should build a super Defense Up gear set. And laugh. Laugh as it does nothing because inherent delay in this game means you still die you since they still hit you enough on their screen. Then I cry. I cry as I realize Nintendo just has me pulled in with an addicting game and I can't leave. Then I post on GAF. And wonder what the point of the post even was, as I wonder why I continued with it when it veered off-track.

ffdgh

I should build a super Defense Up gear set. And laugh. Laugh as it does nothing because inherent delay in this game means you still die you since they still hit you enough on their screen. Then I cry. I cry as I realize Nintendo just has me pulled in with an addicting game and I can't leave. Then I post on GAF. And wonder what the point of the post even was, as I wonder why I continued with it when it veered off-track.

And then you complain about that one random player who seems to use the same defense setup better than you can and refuses to die. /s

Nico_D

Out of B+, into A-. If I remember correctly, A is where skill differences really start to show.

Best news being, I finally got E-Liter Scope after hitting lvl 19! Though I do feel bit bad after having schooled some chargers. Miss my usual gear too.

Generally most players after C seem to be well over 30 lvls.

ss-hikaru

Out of B+, into A-. If I remember correctly, A is where skill differences really start to show.

Best news being, I finally got E-Liter Scope after hitting lvl 19! Though I do feel bit bad after having schooled some chargers. Miss my usual gear too.

Generally most players after C seem to be well over 30 lvls.

For some reason I thought you were S class already (alt account?). Still trying to make it out of B+ :p I think playing twin squads tends to hold me back in gaining points...the matchmaking is ridiculously bad for twin LOL. I'll usually play a few games, get frustrated, switch to solo and easily regain the lost points haha.

Nico_D

For some reason I thought you were S class already (alt account?). Still trying to make it out of B+ :p I think playing twin squads tends to hold me back in gaining points...the matchmaking is ridiculously bad for twin LOL. I'll usually play a few games, get frustrated, switch to solo and easily regain the lost points haha.

Yes, alt account. So far getting out of B+ required the most effort. You'll get there! I've been playing with S ranks so long that lower ranks feel like slow motion.

We still need to play together. Timezones tho.

J@hranimo

Banned
Bucket didn't really click for me at first but now that I've tried the Sloshing Machine I'm thinking of going back and trying them all :)

Also waiting impatiently for the Custom Hydra....I really really want more bubble special weapons >.<

Yeah! the buckets are different beasts in themselves. Sloshing Machine is still my favorite but it was refreshing to use the Slosher Deco again for a bit tonight. I still wish the time to kill was a bit quicker.

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm27953299

So the new map makes 10000pts in 3 minutes doable, just sacrifice your fingers. Past record was 8000pts IIRC.

Jesus. That's crazy!

ss-hikaru

I've been turfing to rank up some gear and been getting fairly lucky! Rolled two (good!) triples naturally which made me really happy because we all know Spyke doesn't deliver... Also practicing using the inkzooka, I thiiiink I'm getting better at it as well as using the suction bombs to herd ppl where I want them >:3

Next JP splatfest soon pls I need them snails.

Yes, alt account. So far getting out of B+ required the most effort. You'll get there! I've been playing with S ranks so long that lower ranks feel like slow motion.

We still need to play together. Timezones tho.

I think I usually just miss you, when I jump on I check discord and usually see you were one of the last to post in the chat...except like 1 to 2 hours ago :p There was one time I think I saw you online (Teemu right?) but the turf lobby you were in was full, probably a gaf group gathering. One day!

Nico_D

I think I usually just miss you, when I jump on I check discord and usually see you were one of the last to post in the chat...except like 1 to 2 hours ago! y

If that's the case, it's when the Americans have gone to sleep and it's day/afternoon here. So if you're free then, ping me and we can play if I'm home and not talking a walk with the dog. (Which is not happening in these goddamn ass-freezing temperatures.)

You know, a shooting gallery type mode in Splatoon would have been cool. Like instead of just the same stationary training area, you could get some practice with actual moving targets. Or it could be just a challenging side thing...No, really--it could've been great!

noshten

You know, a shooting gallery type mode in Splatoon would have been cool. Like instead of just the same stationary training area, you could get some practice with actual moving targets. Or it could be just a challenging side thing...No, really--it could've been great!

The best option would be to be allowed to do the Final Boss with any weapon. Far more beneficial than target practice. It was one of the ways I learned to play with Charger after buying the amiibo specifically with such a purpose.

WOztMD1.jpg

Two more Splatoon Manga coming

Kadokawa's Famitsu.com website announced on Thursday that its Weekly Famitsu magazine will begin serializing two manga based on Nintendo's Splatoon Wii U shooter game. Kino Takahashi will launch the Honobono Ika 4-Koma manga, while different manga creators will contribute stories to Play Manga.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-01-07/splatoon-wii-u-game-gets-2-manga/.97288

Some 4-koma pages can be seen on the famitsu site here.
http://www.famitsu.com/comic_clear/se_ika/ (copy and paste the link )
Will probably be updated with new pages later

Guess that makes 4. We already had two Splatoon manga comics

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also. Here&#8217;s a New Year illustration by toi8 the chara-designer for Genei Ibun Roku #FE
https://twitter.com/toi81008/status/684709744376848384

noshten

Also. Here&#8217;s a New Year illustration by toi8 the chara-designer for Genei Ibun Roku #FE

That's pretty awesome

Is the Manga aimed squarely at kids?

This is my version of the def up with a splatcharger - I do far better since I can two shots off in close quarter matches and burst bombs aren't as deadly. Although it's still a topsy turvy in ranked loosing and winning streaks gravitating between A+/S.

Running into Moskito and his blaster, Robin completely decimated my team that game.
Four games in a row always playing against each other
dat matchmaking

Is the Manga aimed squarely at kids?

out of the two new ones. The 4koma are probably just random gags. The other manga.. We don't know anything about.
The previous two manga were aimed at young squids so I will assume the same for the new stories

Kito

I completely missed Blaster because I never see it in solo ranked. Saw it in my inventory a few days ago, shocked, disruptor on a OHKO weapon? Whilst Luna can still get more splats, I wouldn't call Blaster inferior, it's not to be played offensively. I've had a lot of games where an opposing Luna loses the game even with an insane splat score, because Blaster is better at ending a team push for the objective.

Running into Moskito and his blaster, Robin completely decimated my team that game.
Four games in a row always playing against each other
dat matchmaking

It would've been funny if we did a squid party and let a 3v3 go on.

Azure J

So I've been thinking about it for a bit and I've come to the conclusion that I actually really really like Bomb Range Up on Octobrush Nouveau. The obvious reason for this is that I can throw bombs further and harass or zone from a comfortable "not quite long, but not quite mid" range while applying pressure with surprise swings. 9/10 times, my approaches boil down to a guessing + spacing game where I'll throw a bomb in one direction and immediately start swinging on an opponent with two ideas in mind, namely cutting off their escape or mind gaming them into a bomb trap. It's been working with a really high success rate so far, but I'm also seeing the effects really become pronounced with one main's worth of Bomb Range Up.

For what it's worth, my build for this (which I worked on from a long while ago) is the following:

Since brush builds its special fast enough and I still have the equivalent of one main Special Charge Up with the three subs on the Takaroka shirt (the bonus SCU on the visor will eventually be changed out for the three ink recoveries), I don't feel particularly bad about dropping Special Saver but only for the sake of this build.

That being said, I'm also interested in running some other experiments with other gear (still want to find a comfortable mix of two damage ups with other perks I like normally) as well as a complimentary build to this one where I swap Ink Resist out for Special Saver:

I'm here to prove Toad and Jeff wrong. =D

I would've been more excited for Custom Hydra. =( Oh well. Sloshing Machine is still good. =D

phanphare

Banned
Nintendo did say they'd be supporting Splatoon until "at least" January

that means there's a chance they keep it going

I think it'd be cool if they supported it until May, making it a full year

noshten

Nintendo did say they'd be supporting Splatoon until "at least" January

that means there's a chance they keep it going

I think it'd be cool if they supported it until May, making it a full year

I just don't see a universe where they don't release more amiibos for Splatoon, the waifu wars of Calie vs Marie must also become sales wars with the soldiers battling out which side can buy more amiibo.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
I just don't see a universe where they don't release more amiibos for Splatoon, the waifu wars of Calie vs Marie must also become sales wars with the soldiers battling out which side can buy more amiibo.

but you must buy both

that's how amiibos work

you can't just buy one

I want to see the world burn where Nintendo and Good Smile team up to make amiibo X figma, with Callie and Marie being the 2 characters they use.

Unrelated on Splatoon, amiibo X Disney Infinity of Peach and Rosalina when?

Top Bottom