• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Saw this on twitter. omfg
CYdkclcUMAAHgKC.jpg

this game, man

it's the best

Toadsili T

Neo Member
In a stroke of coincidences too perfectly aligned, it appears that Discord is having some serious connectivity issues at the same time Nintendo Network services are undergoing maintenance. With no chat room shenanigans and no Splatoon, how else are we gonna pass the time now?

Oh I know! Skype/Steam voice chat room anyone? :p

J@hranimo

Banned
I can do Skype or steam since I'm on Sonic All Stars Transformed right now. Both should be Jahranimo lol.

edit: that Robotguy post earlier lmao

ss-hikaru

If that's the case, it's when the Americans have gone to sleep and it's day/afternoon here. So if you're free then, ping me and we can play if I'm home and not talking a walk with the dog. (Which is not happening in these goddamn ass-freezing temperatures.)

Ok will do! Also, I made it to A- rank wahahaha! Are you already S on your alt account?

In a stroke of coincidences too perfectly aligned, it appears that Discord is having some serious connectivity issues at the same time Nintendo Network services are undergoing maintenance. With no chat room shenanigans and no Splatoon, how else are we gonna pass the time now?

Oh I know! Skype/Steam voice chat room anyone? :p
It's weird seeing you here with no avatar. This must be corrected!

ChrisD

Haven't played Ranked in three days. First round had me against three 96 Decos and a bomb range up + damage E-Liter.

I could basically throw my Gamepad at a wall right now.

JaPanicKrakens are the second most infuriating thing. Killed them? Naaaah, they Kraken'd on their screen, so now YOU'RE dead instead. Forget the fact you killed them a second and a half ago.

Kito

Octobrush Nouveau seems to have had the same fate as Hydra. Both hyped as meta changers, then left in the dust after release.

ChrisD

Custom Hydra. We also didn't know exactly how the Hydra worked until it released, did we? I don't watch any leaks, just read them, so I may be wrong.

I have seen a few OctNouv users, and their pressure is different to get used to. But they're still a Brush, unfortunately. Think that's why you don't see too many. Especially in solo-queue -- Who wants to run solo-queue with a new kit?

ss-hikaru

Hell no. Stuck in the A/A- limbo.
Ok, let's squad sometime! I'll keep an eye out for you when I'm able to jump on :) Do you play pretty much every day? I don't get to play as often as I'd like to...

Octobrush Nouveau seems to have had the same fate as Hydra. Both hyped as meta changers, then left in the dust after release.

Custom Hydra. We also didn't know exactly how the Hydra worked until it released, did we? I don't watch any leaks, just read them, so I may be wrong.

I have seen a few OctNouv users, and their pressure is different to get used to. But they're still a Brush, unfortunately. Think that's why you don't see too many. Especially in solo-queue -- Who wants to run solo-queue with a new kit?

I've seen more of these in ranked than I thought I would (but this was the B ranks I guess). Personally I'm waiting for the Custom Hydra, cos bubble :3

Azure J

No one actually thought OctoNov was going to shift metas. It's just nice to have a real option for that all rounder play within the brush class. Furthermore, Hydra isn't what people were waiting for, Hydra Custom is. :p

Sayah

I love this game. I can't say it enough how amazing it is. It's helping rejuvenate my dying interest in games.

I use the paint roller and love squashing people underneath it. :D

Doorman

The only reason for the OctoNouveau's reputation, if you want to call it that, is the fact that it was a weapon that we knew was coming for a long, long, long time before it was finally released. Since the original octobrush came out, we've had entirely new weapons and weapon classes release and had their alternate versions come out, so it was a bit odd that they sat on it until nearly the end of the content feed.

Only played four games of ranked today...fortunately, it was all I needed, with four straight wins and a rank-up. The dream may finally be in sight.

Also, hell yeah seekers.

ss-hikaru

Yes, I do. I'm obsessed.

I wish I could! I settle for thinking bout it everyday XD It makes it easier to team up if you are on pretty much every day.

The only reason for the OctoNouveau's reputation, if you want to call it that, is the fact that it was a weapon that we knew was coming for a long, long, long time before it was finally released. Since the original octobrush came out, we've had entirely new weapons and weapon classes release and had their alternate versions come out, so it was a bit odd that they sat on it until nearly the end of the content feed.

Do you reckon they saved it for new years cos of the whole brush/calligraphy thing?

Nico_D

Discord went under maintenance.

Thanks for the games, Hikaru. That last one tho. It was weird, I haven't seen that in ages in Ranked.

Let's play again sometime.

ss-hikaru

Discord went under maintenance.

Thanks for the games, Hikaru. That last one tho. It was weird, I haven't seen that in ages in Ranked.

Let's play again sometime.

Ahh that's what happened, damn discord. are you referring to getting spawn camped like crazy? yeh let's play again! it was fun i felt like we won more than we lost (it was probably about equal? i'm two points up from when we started) and didn't feel like a super detriment XD you saved my butt a couple of times haha

Nico_D

are you referring to getting spawn camped like crazy?

That was so weird. Shouldn't have happened but I guess we got team wiped and they took advantage of it. Like they should. Although I really don't approve spawn camping, it's so desperate.

But now I have to make dinner and help my daughter with her schoolwork some more.

ss-hikaru

That was so weird. Shouldn't have happened but I guess we got team wiped and they took advantage of it. Like they should. Although I really don't approve spawn camping, it's so desperate.

I feel like this was the first time I'd been spawn camped in ranked. I never spawn camp, I think it's kinda low. and mean :p

Nico_D

I feel like this was the first time I'd been spawn camped in ranked. I never spawn camp, I think it's kinda low. and mean :p

Me neither. Well, not very often. Admittedly, I do it more during Splatfests just to get it over with quicker. Generelly if I see others do it, I stay far away watching them. I think people need be given a chance.

Except during Splatfests.

noshten

So I'm going with Team Past, if anyone else here is team Callie - we could try to squad up for the Splatfest. I'd likely be playing morning/lunch(EST) on Saturday - we can organize on Discord.

StAidan

Yeah I joked a lot about Octo Nouveau being held back for being too OP, but it was never going to thrust Octobrush out of niche weapon status. It's powerful, but for a casual player who doesn't want to spend dozens or hundreds of hours learning how to use it (i.e., most players), it's much easier to just ride the wave of the meta.

SM239

I think I'm going to roll with the Bamboozler MKII for Splatfest. Echo will be so good without any cold blooded to worry about.

joelseph

I will be out of town traveling for most of the splatfest. This being my first one I have a question. How much participation would I need to qualify for a reward if my team wins?

Thanks!

ChrisD

I will be out of town traveling for most of the splatfest. This being my first one I have a question. How much participation would I need to qualify for a reward if my team wins?

Thanks!

You need to play at least two wins, or five losses to get into the reward pool. (Though just voting may be enough to get you one Snail?) It runs on a point system where win = 5 points, loss = 2 points, and there are different tiers you grind through. Each tier gets you more and more Snails with a cap of eighteen Snails for the losing team and twenty-four for the winners.

Tiers of points are 10/25/50/99, so the minimum amount of time you'd have to spend for the most rewards, assuming all wins, is a little over two hours thanks to results screens and lobby time. Getting into the 25 tier is quick enough though, and while I don't know the numbers I'm going to assume that would get you at least four Snails.

Really it just depends on if you can get good teammates. A run through Splatfrst with a good team is great fun. A run with what I presume are kids, on the other hand..

But Chrono Trigger tho!

Ain't nothing can touch Chrono Trigger, one of the only games that can make Time Travel work perfectly, but even that game's not enough to hold the idea of good time travelling in gaming by itself.

Though objectively, Chrono Trigger's one of the only few games that's perfect, (Like Tetris DS)

Robotguy

Doesn't Tetris DS let you spin pieces indefinitely to prevent them from setting, or am I think of one of the other portable Tetris games? Cause I dunno if that's perfect TBH.

Geg

Yeah I'm pretty sure voting for one of the splatfest teams qualifies you for the lowest reward tier on that team. I don't know if you have to actually log into the game during splatfest or if just voting is enough though

L95

Yeah I'm pretty sure voting for one of the splatfest teams qualifies you for the lowest reward tier on that team. I don't know if you have to actually log into the game during splatfest or if just voting is enough though

Yeah, I'm fairly sure I've voted but not participated in at least one splatfest and got the lowest reward tier.

Doesn't Tetris DS let you spin pieces indefinitely to prevent them from setting, or am I think of one of the other portable Tetris games? Cause I dunno if that's perfect TBH.

It's Tetris DS, I still say it's a good Tetris game, but even then, Gameboy Tetris still reigns if you don't want to have infinite spinning and holding blocks.

ss-hikaru

Yeah, I'm fairly sure I've voted but not participated in at least one splatfest and got the lowest reward tier.

Can confirm you just need to vote. Voting for the winning team and doing shit all (like not even turn on the console on the day) will get you 4 snails :p Not sure about losing because every time I can't splatfest my team wins ;A;

Kito

Any good L-3 Nozzlenose D streamers? Burst bomb / Kraken is the funnest combo. I'd like to use this weapon a lot more, I know it has S+ potential from the many randoms I've seen carrying teams with it.

So i JUST got on this train and started playing today lol (rttp i know) and... is there something i need to know as a real noob here, like which weapon to go for first etc.?

I mean, do i just buy them all eventually or should i save up to buy that ONE specific weapon?

Top Bottom