• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

Doorman

Things started off kind of promising when the 'fest first began...but from the sound of it elsewhere and what I've witnessed in the first two and a half hours tonight, Team Future is absolutely doomed to failure in this. Now that most of the more experienced players have gotten wise to the system, I really hate the way these things are set up anymore.

I guess tomorrow morning I'll complete the grind and begrudgingly accept my 18 snails.

Geg

Z7tp71x.jpg

Splatfest squads �� Never done the whole run to Queen in one sitting before, even playing with friends it's a pretty draining experience

Damn that was close Geg and Azure!

Ahhhhh!!

Edit: Lol! The runback!?

Edit2: I blame you N-Zap player!

Haha that first game was actually a 3 v 4; Nighty was with us and disconnected near the beginning. Also Wibbles on the Splattershot Jr. was Kevin/Triforce141.

Needham

I fought against Jeff Vader and his team three times in a row. Magnet Man also popped up on my team for one match. Must not be many people playing right now.

Nightii

Banned
WVW69iym0_8VJ11ZBN

That wasn't as bad as last time, thanks to all SplatGAF for that!

And I feel dirty for using the Green Bucket, but damn! It was effective as hell...

ChrisD

...I picked Team Future earlier tonight when I got on to buy/use Custom Hydra for a bit.

I need the snails though... Should have waited it out just in case my team made it apparent that they suck again. :/

EulaCapra

I wanted to be Team Future but North American Splatfest have a 75% chance of tomfoolery for popular voters. Might be my best and quickest Splatfest as Past Queen and vibe 21.

Matchmaking was bullshit for Team Future. Many instances where my Team Past would be levels 38, 41, 50, and 50 against Team Future levels 42, 24, 15, and 10.

North American Splatfests should definitely have multipliers added to the popularity vote once and for all....after this one. This one should be left alone.

I can't seem to connect for some reason.

I tested my connection on Miiverse, and a couple of games, and they all work. But I can't participate in this Splatfest. And for some reason, the friend list isn't working either.

JCX

I've had 3 matches so far where it was Future vs Future. Really weird. Also got a tied % in a match for the first time.

Well, I'm tapping out at Future Defender.

'Was on a great team for about ten-twelve games, then got disconnected from them. After that, nothing but losses.

Tentative congrats to Team Past.

My logic was if I go in the past I can visit classic America. If I go into the future I will live a life of being upset I don't have everything I saw in the future.

None of that matters though because I don't have my Wii U this weekend... Splatfest ends today?

Fireblend

Banned
Been having fun with my first Splatfest (chose past because hey, dinosaurs!), finally reached level 10 (though I guess I can't try out ranked today?) and got to champion. Maybe I'll try to push to the next rank later, but having to gather 100 points sounds like a real grind. I've also been trying out different weapon classes and found success with the rollers and the Splash-o-matic.

Also, I feel so overwhelmed with the weapons. Every level unlocks like 4 new ones of which I can afford at most one :p

Moondrop

Banned
I encourage people to change their moniker to something thematic for splatfests. Today I laid down ancient justice as Socrates.

For all the hate splatfests get on here, the feeling of finally finding your team is one of the greatest pleasures in the game. Shout-out to Breezy, KO, and Mikhal. Anecdotally we went on a 25+ game winstreak for Team Past before they dropped off.

Hupsel

Hey guys, I bought a Wii U and Splatoon on wednesday, how do I play online with a friend? Only thing I see is splatfast and a private mode for 1x1...?

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Seriously fuck this game and all the disconnects. Constant disconnects. This game doesn't deserve to sniff GOTY with all the DCs.

Moondrop

Banned
I did a bit of testing of burst bombs against one defense up main in the training room. The first plateau of direct + near miss = KO, which only requires 2 subs of damage up normally, requires 1 main 3 subs. Also the point at which the L3 caps at 99.9.

So I think my ideal burst bomb build would be 1 main + 3 subs each of Bomb Range Up, Damage Up, and Ink Recovery Up. Or perhaps subs should be 3 damage up and the other six a variety pack for easier rolling and less diminishing returns.

Jims

Came back to the game after about a month and a half (*shakes fist at Xenoblade*), figured Splatfest would be a good time to knock off the rust. Team Future wasn't really putting up much of a fight in the games I was in. Found an Inkbrush/Jr./Jr./Dual team that played ridiculously aggressively and spawn camped most teams we went up against. Like, not a single person painted our side at the very beginning, which is kind of rare for randoms Turf War. Kelp Dome was an immediate dash for every catwalk. Was kind of nervous about the Splattershot Jr players (who were sub-Level 20) but they were playing aggro as hell. They also Booyah'd after every enemy wipe. Fun team.

Had a Dual/Dual/Custom Dual/E-liter team that was also bananas. So much Echolocator spam.

Really loving Piranha Pit, although it does seem to be a map that can get out of control really easily. A lot of our spawn camps came on that map. Getting control of the enemy's ramp at the beginning really stymied a lot of the Splatfest squads.

I still suck at the Bridge, though. :(

Fireblend

Banned
Can you join a friend's game during Splatfest? Either that, or there's a lot of Undertale fans who play Splatoon :p ended up in a team with a Frisk, Muffet and Metatton :p

Anyway, reached Queen rank and experimented with some more weapons. I should look for a brushes tutorial, because even though I won most games I played with one, I still felt I was doing it wrong :p

RedFyn

Been having fun with my first Splatfest (chose past because hey, dinosaurs!), finally reached level 10 (though I guess I can't try out ranked today?) and got to champion. Maybe I'll try to push to the next rank later, but having to gather 100 points sounds like a real grind. I've also been trying out different weapon classes and found success with the rollers and the Splash-o-matic.

Also, I feel so overwhelmed with the weapons. Every level unlocks like 4 new ones of which I can afford at most one :p
It definitely is a grind. Rollers are awesome and so is the splash. It's a shame it's not popular.

Can you join a friend's game during Splatfest?
If you all join at the same time you can get on the same team

pantsmith

What's up with the dogshit matchmaking during Splatfest? Is it because I'm playing solo?

I've been losing straight for the past two hours. Every match. I'm level 11 and regularly matched against teams that are all 40-50.

Sushigod7

I'm just picking this back up after a long break and still getting communication errors or drops every game. I'm ordering a lan connector see if that takes care of it but my speeds are good not getting wth is happening. Ugh

Jintor

What's up with the dogshit matchmaking during Splatfest? Is it because I'm playing solo?

I've been losing straight for the past two hours. Every match. I'm level 11 and regularly matched against teams that are all 40-50.

it's cos they region lock for splatfests + more high levels come out of the woodworks to blast

Next time im going to wait and pick whatever the pros are picking, fuck this splatfest. I prefer the regular game modes :( just going to get the skills for my shirt and im done tkll monday

ffdgh

Next time im going to wait and pick whatever the pros are picking, fuck this splatfest. I prefer the regular game modes :( just going to get the skills for my shirt and im done tkll monday

Yeah about that...You can't keep the shirt and have to relevel it up each splatfest. :p

KraytarJ

I didn't get to play much this time but I went 11-0 on team past before connection issues got me to stop and almost all the wins were 60+% so it seems that future got the weaker pool, at least anecdotally.

Top Bottom