• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

Ozium

OMG just found an amazing team marshmallow team, 85 to 7 percent on Moray Towers, the last 30 seconds we were just spawn camping them, had the entire map painted our colors up to their spawn point and had a beakon at each landing.. It was a thing of beauty.

of course we were playing against another team marshmallow

Ahnez

I'm not that great but I'm sticking around to help others get their king/queen title x.x/
You know I didn't mean that :(
yeah that makes sense

this morning I was running around with the splatling gun doing work. when I played in the evening I had to switch to the splattershot so I could carry a bit more.

Yep, it was much easier earlier, I usually got 3 very skilled teammates.. Now almost everyone is average again :/

I feel like such an ass. I just had a match where we won with 94% spawn camping. Match ends and two of the opponents are level 3 and 4. :(

I usually just hang back and give the other team a chance to have some fun. Dunno why I charged in that time. I hate to spoil fun for any marshmallow kids.

I normally play pretty defensively.. But this time I decided to play very agressively (with the Spash-o-Matic)

In the beginning, I got against a team that was clearly new to the game (all lvl < 20), well, I was playing to win.. I think I splatted the same guy at least 7 times in that match, and he ended last in his team with 0 kills.. (while I got an unreasonably high score by abusing them) :/

I decided to level up my gear and change weapon after that. I don't even know why I feel bad for this :p

That is exactly what I do with the Dual Squelcher. I just defend our half while teammates be dicks.
I did it with the Splat Roller. Generally I just threw suction bombs into the center - got many splats that way because lolsplatfests - and when I got a killer wail I did some slaughtering. It's amazing how you can sometimes get a triple splat in splat fests just by drawing attention to yourself and then firing straight down the middle. And of course, if someone got close or I saw someone going up the side I actually used my roller.

Of course, a couple times I got splatted and when I went back I was like, "...Man, we are so fucked." lol

Geg

Edit: I feel like this should be posted here:

Finishing kinda weak versus my last two Splatfests, but I really felt the grind this time and it was too much to overcome. I had some pretty fun moments including my first legitimate opening quad in a room. Overall though, I really need to get into the habit of grinding out to the highest/second highest rank first before putting off more matches to the midday.

How does one charger shot take out two players at once? Hitbox magic?

If DaBoss on NeoGAF is Da Boss on Splatoon I was Thomas. You, Paul, Lee and Me were on quite the tear.

+13 is my second best after 16 Day 1.

I need to take a break. I'm actually close to getting the King rank.

Yes, the reticle here isn't an arbitrary aiming device like in other shooters. It is simply an indicator as to where your shot will land.
With first person shooters its not an issue because the axis of aiming is the same as your gun, so anything in the way of your line of sight is actually in the way. Not with third person shooters, the gun is in a slightly different position so in cases like the scenario I provided, even if the target is in the center of the screen, you may not be able to hit them. In my opinion that's arbitrary and confusing and I don't really like it.

Heng

ZgpfcQD.png
Some people didn't believe me when I said aerospray and dynamo roller was still in my top 5 weapons used. Here's the proof.

Geg

If DaBoss on NeoGAF is Da Boss on Splatoon I was Thomas. You, Paul, Lee and Me were on quite the tear.

+13 is my second best after 16 Day 1.

I need to take a break. I'm actually close to getting the King rank.

I think DaBoss's in-game name is the same as it is here, without a space.

Ahnez

Ah, one thing.. Is it just me or the Jet Squelcher shoots hit the ground much more often than any other weapon?

How does one charger shot take out two players at once? Hitbox magic?

I don't know but I've done it several times. They have to be right next to each other, and I'm not sure if you actually hit both dead on or if you hit one partial and their teammate going kaput paints them with the rest of the damage.

Hackworth

I don't know but I've done it several times. They have to be right next to each other, and I'm not sure if you actually hit both dead on or if you hit one partial and their teammate going kaput paints them with the rest of the damage.
Probably the second. I've gotten splatted from teammates exploding before.

Just had my first south on south match! And another com error directly afterwards.

I think DaBoss's in-game name is the same as it is here, without a space.

Hmm. This one definitely had a space. It was all caps too. Just thought it may be him because it seems relatively unique and the team was absolutely dominating till the last match.

Honestly I was honestly got a loss because with Splatoon I have a rule that I only leave to change gear or turn the game off when I've just lost. I don't leave on a win.

ryechu

I guess it's just an inherent design problem with third person shooters themselves, the gun is facing a slightly different position than your head. I don't think I'll ever get used to this since its already been two months. I wish they could add a first person mode or something. Cant stand the recticle moving around.

I dont think its only a problem with the redicule you are having if you wish there was a first person mode.

ryechu

when you hit someone with a charger there is a very small aoe explosion that does dmg where their body was.

MrPanic

Yeah, north pole king. Did it in one sitting, didn't take to long since because we won 90% of the matches. Hopefully north pole wins, since the matchmaking times were pretty slow I assume north got the majority vote, though I never got to play a against north team so it might be close.

The gaf private lobby seems filled non-stop so I think I'm gonna quit for now. Nothing else to do really during a splatfest. Bleh.

Totakeke

Some people didn't believe me when I said aerospray and dynamo roller was still in my top 5 weapons used. Here's the proof.

I thought I play the game a lot but I don't think I compare to you, and definitely not DaBoss. :p

FLgtbh4.png

Pretty surprised carbon roller is up there since I never really liked the weapon.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Whoever was placing mines on the towers that last match on Urchin Underpass won that match. Died at least 3 times trying to get the tower back

Regiruler

And that's why the inkbrush nouveau is trash.
It's a fairly good splat zone weapon I would think

I don't do ranked experimentation much though as I exclusively use my charger set in ranked.
Hrnce why it breaks 9 hundred thousand and is steadily approaching the million mark.

Azure J

It's a fairly good splat zone weapon I would think

I don't do ranked experimentation much though as I exclusively use my charger set in ranked

This is going to sound hilarious but Vanilla Inkbrush > Inkbrush Noveau in Splat Zones. The coverage is unmatched.

Doorman

Well that was awkward. Wanted to try out the slosher for a round just for kicks. I'm still absolutely terrible with this weapon, typically coming in around third or fourth place on the team most matches...but we just kept winning, so I didn't want to switch off of it. It's really strange to play knowing that you kind of suck with your gear but still technically being successful with it.

Maybe with some ink saver main gear and a custom version with different subweapons, I could see myself using the slosher more. But not for now, I'm just way too terrible with it in combat.

Top Bottom