• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

Is there a FAQ that explains the logic behind secondary abilities?

I see people having clothing items with the exact 3 same abilities. Is that the equal of 1 primary ability?

In most cases each sub is good for a 7.5% boost in each ability and 15% for each main. Some skills like Damage Up and Defense have diminishing returns when you stack them.

DrStiles

Just got back from a vacation, been dying to try out all the new updates and game features. I have a feeling I'm going to be up later than I want for a work night haha.

SM239

GGs all. Gonna get going it's getting late here.
I'm going to need to bring the heavy into more GAF rooms. I really want to get better with it.

Heng

Gg, and thanks to anyone that joined in the private match. There was a slight lag Dan, but not bad enough to complain about.

So how are we organizing matches in 2.0?
If you have a discord account (invitation is on the 2nd post) just put up a post asking if anyone wants to do squad or private battle, you'll probably be able to make a team within 5 minutes. I noticed you joined as soon as we were taking a break, maybe next time.

You could put up a post here but I'm not sure how long it'll take you to form a team.

Doorman

Just incidentally, I know it's going to inevitably get passed up for a bunch of other games with a more "epic" score, but I want to reiterate the love for Splatoon's soundtrack. Great variety, bizarre instrumentations and effects, and the attention to detail with the way music is integrated into the world, with different in-setting bands that each have noticeably distinct styles. I really hope that the songs added in the most recent update aren't the last ones, I'd really love to hear more from ABXY and Hightide Era both. Even the songs I didn't like initially have all been growing on me.

Azure J

I really wanted to play more squads today, but my brother's on the system currently. It's looking like tonight's going to be a Splatoon-less night for me. :lol

Wrap it up folks, miiverse post of the year right here:
WVW69iRh_fsnlu-KkL

Geg

Comm error'd out but I was gonna quit after the next game anyway. GGs guys

Quartz you're A+ now? Man everyone who used to be a similar rank to me is shooting past me thanks to squads lol

Comm error'd out but I was gonna quit after the next game anyway. GGs guys

Quartz you're A+ now? Man everyone who used to be a similar rank to me is shooting past me thanks to squads lol

Yeah, Jeff Vader invited me into a squad with his friends and we wrecked shop in Splat Zones.

Geg

I wanted to go to at least A rank today with Kas, Goya, and Taparoo, but I guess the connection became unstable and we all got kicked from the lobby. We won every game against players with English names and lost every game against players with Japanese names so right now I'm sitting at A- 56

dinazimmerman

Incurious Bastard
I finally made it to S. I was stuck in A+ for some reason, since I wasn't near 99 when the update came along. Made it to like 98 twice but then get stuck once with an all charger team and the second time with three rollers. Both were horrible. Oh well, now for more bad luck in S rank! :)

Anyone up for a private battle? Any suggestions as to mode & map?

Is it confirmed that knockouts affect how many points you gain or lose?

No it's not confirmed; I'm only basing this off of two times where three players on each side were the same rank, but one team had a player 1-2 ranks higher, and the other team had a player 1-2 ranks lower, and it ended by knockout, and the team with the lower ranked player still lost 12 points. Given that you'd expect that the points loss would be 10 since it's mostly equal, or maybe even 8 on a good day if the difference between the lowest and highest players was wide enough, the only reason I can think of for a harsher penalty would be the knockout.

ryechu

I finally made it to S. I was stuck in A+ for some reason, since I wasn't near 99 when the update came along. Made it to like 98 twice but then get stuck once with an all charger team and the second time with three rollers. Both were horrible. Oh well, now for more bad luck in S rank! :)

Anyone up for a private battle? Any suggestions as to mode & map?

i am

Sorry goya, games with uneven teams are kind of silly. I'll try again in a bit. If you have discord, it'll be easier to organize by posting here and there.

ryechu

No, don't even know what that is lol

Its where everyone moved to coordinate squads and privates.
Go to POST 2 of this thread. Its really easy. takes like 30 seconds. and if we cant get more people lets do squad battles. I dont understand how your gear rolls are so perfect.

ryechu

No, don't even know what that is lol

If it's some form of voice chat I can't at the moment because everyone is asleep here lol

you use it for chat. its like an irc. like i dont know if you are reading any of this, so the chat system is better. I'm goign to leave for a second to order your gear. Lets run a squad batle instead.

dinazimmerman

Incurious Bastard
you use it for chat. its like an irc. like i dont know if you are reading any of this, so the chat system is better. I'm goign to leave for a second to order your gear. Lets run a squad batle instead.

Alright I downloaded the discord app, but I need to go to my computer to sign up for an account apparently

Quad squad or twin? I set up a quad squad battle...

Top Bottom