• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

Welp I may have used 6 snails but I managed to roll 2 pairs of ink saver mains on my forge headphones (the designer ones) and on my strapping reds. The 3rd slots are garbage but w/e. If I can get 3 run speed up subs on my shirt then i'll be gravy.

gg's robotguy, vert, bluesilver, and anybody else that played haha. Was fun! That was my first time playing the splattershot jr, and I don't even think it's good in those stages, but I wanted to play something new with disrupters xD lol see ya guys

GGs. Disruptors are always fun to use, especially on snipers. =D Now, where's my disruptor Charger? =P

?oe?oe

So close to A-... I started today at B+ 37 went down to B 60 then right up to B+99 then an hour and a half struggle to finish on B+74. Feels bad man.

Nightbird

I earlier had one of my best matches ever, splatting enemies left and right while getting deeper and deeper into their zone, when suddenly:

"Connection error"

Needless to say, I shut down the Console and went to watch John Oliver in frustration.

Mellopillow

Neo Member
GGs. Disruptors are always fun to use, especially on snipers. =D Now, where's my disruptor Charger? =P

Dude, I don't know if you noticed, but when you and that other sniper were both targeting me, I tried my best to dodge all the shots from you both xD I threw disrupters just to try and distract you both just so my team can go through the center haha. I'm not sure if my team took the hint, cuz I was waiting forever for my team to show up but that whole sequence with the dodging and hiding behind walls was pretty cool~

I want them to make more chargers, especially with a disruptor (lol) but your best bet for right now that's close to that is the splatling with the disruptor that's's coming in the future D:

ryechu

Welp I may have used 6 snails but I managed to roll 2 pairs of ink saver mains on my forge headphones (the designer ones) and on my strapping reds. The 3rd slots are garbage but w/e. If I can get 3 run speed up subs on my shirt then i'll be gravy.

I went in with 24 snails in order to improve what was already a staple 1dmgup main 2 dmg up shirt, and on the sixth snail got what I wanted. I am pumped. Rockenberg black with 2dmg up subs and 1 run speed up. Visually, a shirt that goes with every style. Now i just need to hoard like 150 snails to roll a good Legendary Cap. Probably, no more rerolls for me until that day.

Dude, I don't know if you noticed, but when you and that other sniper were both targeting me, I tried my best to dodge all the shots from you both xD I threw disrupters just to try and distract you both just so my team can go through the center haha. I'm not sure if my team took the hint, cuz I was waiting forever for my team to show up but that whole sequence with the dodging and hiding behind walls was pretty cool~

I want them to make more chargers, especially with a disruptor (lol) but your best bet for right now that's close to that is the splatling with the disruptor that's's coming in the future D:

Was this at the skatepark? If so, I noticed, but didn't particularly care that I was Disruptor'd at that moment. I had enough ink and enough Turf in my own ink to flee if the need ever arose. I was actually wondering why you kept on lobbing those instead of rushing up once they hit. =P
If it was at the mall, I sort of remember, but like I said, it's getting late.

They are actually making a 2HKO Charger (Bamboozler Mk II) with a Disruptor, assuming they haven't changed their plans. I'm so excited for the Bamboozler line. =D

Heng

I think the trees in Urchin Underpass is a bit too much. The map is still new but I think it would be an even better map if those trees weren't there.

correojon

I love what they have done to Moray Towers in Splat Zone. So many new ways to sneak into enemy territory :)

Now we only need an helicopter flying around the stage that shoots missiles to anyone using an Elitre 3K.

BTW, when´s Rainmaker mode coming out?

I thought I'd play a couple matches before bed, and I had a wacky glitch happen. I was killed, allegedly by an Ink Mine (I thought it was a Killer Wail, but it was pretty chaotic), and then the kill cam focused on my own teammate who respawned while I watched, instead of on the person who splatted me.

ryechu

I love what they have done to Moray Towers in Splat Zone. So many new ways to sneak into enemy territory :)

Now we only need an helicopter flying around the stage that shoots missiles to anyone using an Elitre 3K.

BTW, when´s Rainmaker mode coming out?

No one knows but probably soon since they've started advertising it. They showed it off in a commercial and mentioned that it was coming later in the written 2.0 update. I'd expect it in the next few weeks at the very least.

69wpm

At this point I'm going to stop playing random ranked matches. It's fucking ridiculous how A rank people still jump to their death 5 times in a match. Just lost 36 points in 3 matches because of this nonsense. It takes a second for the enemy team to cover the entire splat zone and surroundings and you have no chance of coming back when they have golden dynamo rollers and your team is derping around with low range weapons.

lol I had the stupidest teammates just now. I was doing my thing trying to distract the other team in the mall yeah? No, they ALL super jumped to me in the hallway and who was taking care of the roller in our base? Nobody that's who.

I went in with 24 snails in order to improve what was already a staple 1dmgup main 2 dmg up shirt, and on the sixth snail got what I wanted. I am pumped. Rockenberg black with 2dmg up subs and 1 run speed up. Visually, a shirt that goes with every style. Now i just need to hoard like 150 snails to roll a good Legendary Cap. Probably, no more rerolls for me until that day.

Ya know, I just rolled that same combo right now, while good isn't what I needed to make the gatling gun faster to run with. And that took my last snail + another 4-5 rerolls.

edit: whoops, didn't mean to double post.

ryechu

Ya know, I just rolled that same combo right now, while good isn't what I needed to make the gatling gun faster to run with. And that took my last snail + another 4-5 rerolls.

edit: whoops, didn't mean to double post.

dmg up is good for gatlings as well. instead of rerolling it try rerolling another run up piece of gear. Because dmg up is the shit on chargers and having a 1,2 damage up shirt is good for a lot of sets. A single run up sub is also really good because 1 run up sub is equal to 1/2 run up main. But each subsequent sub is only 1/4 and having a main makes all the subs 1/4. In otherwords, having one run up sub as your only running perk is the most slot efficient. Run up helps with peeking cover for sniping, and I had grown to miss it after rerolling my sniping set. Basically you can use that shirt on any gun that benefits from dmg up and that are planning either zero investment into run up or a heavy investment into run up, but not in the middle.

dmg up is good for gatlings as well. instead of rerolling it try rerolling another run up piece of gear. Because dmg up is the shit on chargers and having a 1,2 damage up shirt is good for a lot of sets. A single run up sub is also really good because 1 run up sub is equal to 1/2 run up main. But each subsequent sub is only 1/4 and having a main makes all the subs 1/4. In otherwords, having one run up sub as your only running perk is the most slot efficient. Run up helps with peeking cover for sniping, and I had grown to miss it after rerolling my sniping set. Basically you can use that shirt on any gun that benefits from dmg up and that are planning either zero investment into run up or a heavy investment into run up, but not in the middle.
I didn't realize just 1 sub would have that much of an effect. And yeah i'm not gonna re-roll since i'm a-ok with the results. Though I just thought that with it being Rockenberg it would get triple easily enough not taking most of my cash. And would you say using ink recovery up would give me more bang for my buck vs all the sub savers i'm running with now?

Mellopillow

Neo Member
Was this at the skatepark? If so, I noticed, but didn't particularly care that I was Disruptor'd at that moment. I had enough ink and enough Turf in my own ink to flee if the need ever arose. I was actually wondering why you kept on lobbing those instead of rushing up once they hit. =P
If it was at the mall, I sort of remember, but like I said, it's getting late.

They are actually making a 2HKO Charger (Bamboozler Mk II) with a Disruptor, assuming they haven't changed their plans. I'm so excited for the Bamboozler line. =D

Nah it was at the mall, I was hiding behind the pole in the middle while you and another sniper was aiming your lasers at me xD lol I don't remember the black belly one tho, but maybe I threw a lot there because of a japanese roller that was there with you? I remember that bit lol~

And oh yea the bamboozler! I forgot about that, but it's always going to be a 2 hit ko huh? At least it charges the fastest! I wonder what the range will be like

Jackano

Where are the top players now? Yesterday before the end of splatfest I saw a lv.34.
But everyone still have that lv.25 head gear lol

I would love a minimap on the TV screen so people don't need to look down at the gamepad to see which areas need covering or where teammates are. I think quality of play could improve with this.

Also: 3 for 3 in EU Splatfests!

69wpm

Saw this one on reddit:

1iUyhtZ.jpg

Don't find this set very useful, to be honest.

Jackano

I would love a minimap on the TV screen so people don't need to look down at the gamepad to see which areas need covering or where teammates are. I think quality of play could improve with this.

Also: 3 for 3 in EU Splatfests!

Yeah maybe the B button can be used to make the minimap appears in overlay on the TV screen.

Also I like the JP companion site. I think I've passed the million ink points total (screenshot doesn't show every weapons):

Heh, you joined me right on my last match, Ryechu. Sorry I couldn't hang out longer!

Was trying a weapon I've never tried since the beta testfires.... the Splattershot Jr!

ryechu

I didn't realize just 1 sub would have that much of an effect. And yeah i'm not gonna re-roll since i'm a-ok with the results. Though I just thought that with it being Rockenberg it would get triple easily enough not taking most of my cash. And would you say using ink recovery up would give me more bang for my buck vs all the sub savers i'm running with now?

I dont use the gatling enough to say definitively; however, ink recovery is better for spamming subs when you are able to dive into ink. Meaning if all you were doing is spamming suction bombs while in ink, ink rec. would be superior. How ink saver sub works is it refunds around 10% of the ink (per main ability) you used for the sub weapon AFTER you use the sub, so 5-7% of your ink tank per sub use usually. It does not decrease the cost of your sub. This means that if you are using your sub at minimum ink, then youll have the ability to shoot a little afterwards instead of being empty. Its better for pinch situations in which your ink tank is not full. That said, with the gatling I've never needed to use two fully charged, full duration blasts in a row. Saver sub allows you to set a splash wall, charge a shot, let ALL your bullets out without diving, and repeat once more. When you dive, you regain the ink of those bullets you didnt shoot out, so I dont think the integer game here will ever come into play.

Even for sets you might want ink sub, 1 ink saver main or 3 subs is all you ever need. I never recommend stacking it for any set. 1 main is enough for those oh shit moments where you spam your sub weapon and then try to shoot and ur out of ink. It can be good for the other splash wall weapons, the custom, the 96 etc, but the gatling has more than enough ink efficiency to kill even an entire team after placing a splash wall without any perks.

Rize_21

At this point I'm going to stop playing random ranked matches. It's fucking ridiculous how A rank people still jump to their death 5 times in a match. Just lost 36 points in 3 matches because of this nonsense. It takes a second for the enemy team to cover the entire splat zone and surroundings and you have no chance of coming back when they have golden dynamo rollers and your team is derping around with low range weapons.

Yup, that's what I do, except that I go with the vanilla one, it works perfectly, if the bad guys are wiped, there's next to no chance that they'll be able to make a comeback, especially on Kelp Dome, it's a Dynamo's paradise.

ryechu

Yup, that's what I do, except that I go with the vanilla one, it works perfectly, if the bad guys are wiped, there's next to no chance that they'll be able to make a comeback, especially on Kelp Dome, it's a Dynamo's paradise.

You shouldve seen the game where goya and I had chargers against a team of 4 dynamo rollers in tower control on moray. It was hilarious.

Nah it was at the mall, I was hiding behind the pole in the middle while you and another sniper was aiming your lasers at me xD lol I don't remember the black belly one tho, but maybe I threw a lot there because of a japanese roller that was there with you? I remember that bit lol~

And oh yea the bamboozler! I forgot about that, but it's always going to be a 2 hit ko huh? At least it charges the fastest! I wonder what the range will be like

I sorta remember you using that thing to jide one time. That was another situation where I thought you would try to rush me down. I don't recall the other sniper going for you, but Chargers can develop tunnel vision, so there you go.

The one truly embarrassing moment for me is when you were base invading at the mall and I kept missing my shots on you. It started to get to the point where I was trying to deliberately trap you in that corner after... 6 missed shots? Then you disruptor'd me and tried to come up to finish the job, but a well placed Splat Bomb save the (my) day. =D

Bamboozler is gonna have a slightly longer range compared to the Squiffer.

ryechu

Range is that of a jet squelcher. 11% longer than a squiffer. and unless they've changed it, it has a slower button mashing fire rate than other chargers but it always goes full range. Charging increases the dmg, ink spread width. so you could technically use it as a shitty jet squelcher if you wanted.

I have to say, I'm not used to the guns I use having such "inaccurate" spread like the .Jr does. It feels pretty weird, but I was doing okay with it I guess.

I dont use the gatling enough to say definitively; however, ink recovery is better for spamming subs when you are able to dive into ink. Meaning if all you were doing is spamming suction bombs while in ink, ink rec. would be superior. How ink saver sub works is it refunds around 10% of the ink (per main ability) you used for the sub weapon AFTER you use the sub, so 5-7% of your ink tank per sub use usually. It does not decrease the cost of your sub. This means that if you are using your sub at minimum ink, then youll have the ability to shoot a little afterwards instead of being empty. Its better for pinch situations in which your ink tank is not full. That said, with the gatling I've never needed to use two fully charged, full duration blasts in a row. Saver sub allows you to set a splash wall, charge a shot, let ALL your bullets out without diving, and repeat once more. When you dive, you regain the ink of those bullets you didnt shoot out, so I dont think the integer game here will ever come into play.

Even for sets you might want ink sub, 1 ink saver main or 3 subs is all you ever need. I never recommend stacking it for any set. 1 main is enough for those oh shit moments where you spam your sub weapon and then try to shoot and ur out of ink. It can be good for the other splash wall weapons, the custom, the 96 etc, but the gatling has more than enough ink efficiency to kill even an entire team after placing a splash wall without any perks.
Yeah I have an idea on how the ink savers worked but I also figured that since the ink wall does eat ink like a monster that I should do something about it. Though this all comes from hybrid-ing it what I saw atr0cious rocking earlier. Seemed like a good place to start, even if my current clothes have 2 wasted subs right now. Though if I dump ink saver sub then I might try my fake contacts with the ink recovery triple it has.

Junahu

The inconvenience is quite deliberate. While we'd all be able to play more aggressively with an always-on minimap, the change would virtually kill stealth-play and cheapen the game experience. The dicotomy between looking at the screen and looking at the gamepad encourages the player to observe important information rapidly, and project it out into predictions of how the match is going to progress. It's this gap in our knowledge of the match, and the risks inherent in glancing down for more information, that makes moment to moment play so exciting from a strategic standpoint.

Naar

any rank As wanna play/rank up together? Im online right now and will be for the next couple of hours. I might not check the thread after a while so send a PM if still interested :D

ryechu

Concept art released at launch

Concept_Art_-_Main_Weapons.png

I like the bubblegum gun but that's likely the early blaster. The hairdryer is cool though. Maybe it's design will be used later.

Concept_Art_-_Environments_B.png

Highway and Parking are obviously urchin and moray. I wonder If we'll see the other two though.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So with the latest Splatfest it was confirmed the North Pole still exists. So if the ice caps didn't melt what caused the sea levels to rise?

Naar

Concept art released at launch

Concept_Art_-_Main_Weapons.png

I like the bubblegum gun but that's likely the early blaster. The hairdryer is cool though. Maybe it's design will be used later.

Concept_Art_-_Environments_B.png

Highway and Parking are obviously urchin and moray. I wonder If we'll see the other two though.

isnt playground camp triggerfish? only new one seems to be suburb

I saw someone tonight who is already level 36. Crazy.
There is a glitch that leads to some people after their first match getting many levels. Nobody know what causes it
(like the blasted "the connection is unstable" persecution)

So with the latest Splatfest it was confirmed the North Pole still exists. So if the ice caps didn't melt what caused the sea levels to rise?
Kyogre clearly so my trainer failed, the world was flooded Pokemon timeline theory fits in perfectly (they must be Pokemon becuase how else could they evolve in around 10,000 years seeing as Pokemon seem to do so after spending a few days with a trainer).
It is better than the Mario fails super Mario sunshine theory though that was more a Hyrule Historia parody

Top Bottom