• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
pMswKdS.jpg

He just passes the time judging matches, waiting for the day. T_T

Nico_D

My parenthood reached new heights as I let kids wait for the dinner while I played in Squad. But I'm A- now so first things first. Important lesson to all you kids out there: game comes first, you second.

Zing

Banned
It's both voice chat and posting. You don't have to use it for voice chat, I don't.
I just want to strongly suggest that everyone consider using voice chat. In my experience, it can greatly enhance your teams performance. When we play against S/S+ squads, I can usually tell when they are using voice chat. In fact, I would say it is often the difference between them winning or losing.

Plus, the game is more fun and much more convenient to organize. At the very least, I would ask anyone joining my squad to be listening to the voice chat.

Thanks to you avatar, I read all your posts as somehow sad and depressed. Like how you lost in the Splatfest and Judd is making you feel miserable.

Funny.

More than sad, it's more looking like he's frustrated.

In reality I'm just fishing to get avatar quoted.

Totakeke

So what's everyone's opinion on the Slosher and Splatling after the weekend?

The Slosher is my Main now. N-Zap is no more!

Slosher is great but it takes more effort than other weapons (aside from brushes) because I have to keep thinking about positioning myself and the enemy.

Splatling so far still feels like a more limited version of a charger.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Haven't tried the slosher yet. Thought I'd wait until the hype dies down and not everyone is using them. Was never good with the charger so splattling wasn't really my thing. Guess I prefer covering turf rather than just holding ground.

SM239

Slosher is good. Pretty much what I expected it to be. The heavy falling projectile damage can make for some interesting approaches.

The Splatling is a weapon I am currently trying to get a hang of. The lack of movement options or being able to rush down opponents is something I still need to get used to. For point defense though it is absolutely insane.

StAidan

I liked the Slosher when I tried it on release night, but I'd have to spend extra time with it to be any good with it. I've seen many folks use it effectively in all game modes, so it's definitely not a throwaway weapon or anything.

I still haven't tried the Splatling myself, but in casual observation it seems to have a higher player skill requirement, because most users I've encountered are dispatched pretty easily. They'll confront you in closeup situations and get splatted before the weapon's "windup" time even finishes. The ones that keep their distance, of course, can be formidable adversaries.

phanphare

Banned

I love the heavy splatling

really starting to get the hang of the different charge levels. there's three different charges I've found useful, about 2/3's of the first charge, the first full charge, and the second full charge. it's really great at laying down ink over walls and I have become very fond of the splash wall.

I want to like the slosher but as with the L-3 Nozzlenose and ink brush I just don't want to spam the trigger that much

Geg

The splatling's strafing speed is such bullshit, how can inklings walk and shoot with it faster than the dual squelcher?

I'm so salty Nintendo renamed ABXY to The Chirpy Chirps. Cmon Nintendo what are you doing. The original band and song name was so much better :(

Naar

any rank A's wanna play together/rank up? ill be on for about 2 hours

PM me and ill make a room!

Also to the previous team:

wow! you guys were awesome!

Geg

Looks like it's time to join the heavy class. ;)

I'll consider it if one with beakons comes out lol

Also that complaint was specifically due to some of my shootouts with you, lots of splatling users just stand still and fire but I've lost several duels against you where all you had to do is walk backwards and fire

SM239

Also that complaint was specifically due to some of my shootouts with you, lots of splatling users just stand still and fire but I've lost several duels against you where all you had to do is walk backwards and fire

Gotta try and keep my range advantage lol

Nico_D

wow! you guys were awesome!

Shamelessly I take part of your thanks and give mine to you.

It was fun and it went quite well - when not meeting four S ranked. It's pleasant to play when the team actually understands how to play the game - even better than me. I don't have a clue, I'm just improvising.

I just want to strongly suggest that everyone consider using voice chat. In my experience, it can greatly enhance your teams performance. When we play against S/S+ squads, I can usually tell when they are using voice chat. In fact, I would say it is often the difference between them winning or losing.

Plus, the game is more fun and much more convenient to organize. At the very least, I would ask anyone joining my squad to be listening to the voice chat.
I can only bring my phone down with me when I play Splatoon downstairs, I don't want to lug my computer up and down :( Does the voice chat work fine with phones?

Haven't played the Splatling yet, I'll get to that at some point.

Slosher is super fun though :) It has great coverage, good range, and fights vertically very well. However the shot is somewhat narrow. At least, it seems easy to get evaded when I used it, so I have to work on landing the 2nd hit.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I'm so salty Nintendo renamed ABXY to The Chirpy Chirps. Cmon Nintendo what are you doing. The original band and song name was so much better :(
Until NoE confirms their name (they use a different English script) I'm sticking with ABXY. It's the only way!

Mellopillow

Neo Member

How's the range of the splatling compared to the dual squelcher? Is it longer or about the same?

Robotguy

How's the range of the splatling compared to the dual squelcher? Is it longer or about the same?
Longer. Seems to be somewhere in the area of Jet Squelcher, but I'm not sure exactly how they stack up against each other. It feels like they outrange me a bit when I'm JS, but it might be that I just wasn't spaced properly in some of our encounters.

foltzie1

I'm enjoying the Splatling, find a point reasonably secure to my back and spray the hell out of the field. On tower control I can usually be a nightmare.

Plus that win animation.

Mellopillow

Neo Member
Longer, it's in between the range of the dual squelcher/splattershot pro/.96 gal and the jet squelcher.

Longer. Seems to be somewhere in the area of Jet Squelcher, but I'm not sure exactly how they stack up against each other. It feels like they outrange me a bit when I'm JS, but it might be that I just wasn't spaced properly in some of our encounters.

Hmmm, cool, I would imagine it would be roughly the same as jet squelcher or maybe a little less haha. It has the same range no matter how long you charge right?

phanphare

Banned
I'm enjoying the Splatling, find a point reasonably secure to my back and spray the hell out of the field. On tower control I can usually be a nightmare.

Plus that win animation.

the losing animation is pretty great too. it's like "what? I've got this big ass gun and still lost?? I don't understand..."

Hmmm, cool, I would imagine it would be roughly the same as jet squelcher or maybe a little less haha. It has the same range no matter how long you charge right?

yeah unless you just tap the trigger. then you'll get just a single blob to shoot out and it won't go as far.

Top Bottom