• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

DaBoss

Yea, I'm convinced that they lower point gains and increase point losses the closer you are to 100.

I used to get +5 at around S30. Then at S40-S79 I would get +4 under the same team setup as +5. Then at S80+, I would get +3 for the same team set up as the aforementioned ones.

Point losses also increase and work in the same ranges shown above.

Nico_D

One more for our squad. Come squeeze into Saltspray Rig's tight zone or swim around like a looney on Kelp Dome. We shall claim what's ours!

Ansatz

I think I just got splatted by a suction bomb that instantly detonated as it was thrown right into my teammate's splash wall, just as I made a forward squid jump through it. Learned something new today!

Regiruler

I think I just got splatted by a suction bomb that instantly detonated as it was thrown right into my teammate's splash wall, just as I made a forward squid jump through it. Learned something new today!
Anything that negates bombs actually just forces their detonation without any ink coming out, but the damage is still there if you time it right. I've killed someone just coming out of a kraken by throwing a splat bomb at them, the kraken forcing the detonation, and them dying when they changed back a split second after.

Also just wanted to say the other team played well, better than my expectations, and their charger was pretty good. So there's that at least. Didn't need all the exciting comebacks, but the games were good and fun. Definitely think the GAF should set up more dedicated teams for tournaments next time since I'd love to see more of you play competitively. It hasn't been easy to practice with most of us having different schedules. Also it sucked that Crisium started having voice chat issues just before the round.

I know this doesn't really apply to your post, but when I was told you were practicing Chargers for the tournament, an old idea popped back into my head where we use private rooms to practice Charger in a 4v1. They wouldn't shoot at you, but instead would act like mobile test range dummies. This way, you could practice without getting interrupted time and time again, slowing down good habit growth and understanding the rhythm of charging and releasing accurately. This is more of an introductory or brush up room, and there could be different "levels" of practice.

Azure J

I know this doesn't really apply to your post, but when I was told you were practicing Chargers for the tournament, an old idea popped back into my head where we use private rooms to practice Charger in a 4v1. They wouldn't shoot at you, but instead would act like mobile test range dummies. This way, you could practice without getting interrupted time and time again, slowing down good habit growth and understanding the rhythm of charging and releasing accurately.

I saw a stream of someone organizing this and thought it was brilliant.

Geg

It was my idea first. >=(

An idea which I failed to act on and now someone else gets to claim they invented it. =(

I remember your post and I thought it would be a good idea too. I'd love to be a target dummy, it would be great practice at dodging charger fire lol

PBalfredo

Blaster is fuckin' ideal for Saltspray Splatzone, let me tell you what!

Covers that bottleneck. Covers that sniper ledge. Gets work done.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
GGs Kas, Quartz and Timeasis. Next time...idk, Japan was too strong tonight.

Nerf Japanese players at night ><

Yeah they were. GGs

I'm starting a two man squad for Tower Control on Moray Towers and Camp Triggerfish if someone wants to join in

Geg

Blaster is fuckin' ideal for Saltspray Splatzone, let me tell you what!

Covers that bottleneck. Covers that sniper ledge. Gets work done.

Ugh don't remind me one of the worst games I ever played on saltspray splatzones was against a team with two blasters. Any time I tried to do anything I'd just get instantly blown up

Ansatz

People are so fucking terrible at defending moray towers. If you let the other team past the first turn the game is lost.

But no, rush to the middle -> die -> the other team gains significant lead -> they sit back and defend -> impossible to penetrate.

69wpm

People are so fucking terrible at defending moray towers. If you let the other team past the first turn the game is lost.

But no, rush to the middle -> die -> the other team gains significant lead -> they sit back and defend -> impossible to penetrate.

This happens on many maps. On Moray you at least have the height advantage.

Ansatz

This happens on many maps. On Moray you at least have the height advantage.

Sometimes I just stand up there doing nothing for minutes while the others contest for mid and people who are smart enough superjump to me and greet me with a "nice!" as they land. Others are plain stupid

Crayolan

Thanks for everyone that stopped by the stream tonight. Lots of fun stuff. 1v2/3/4s are the hypest blowouts ever.

Sniper duels were fun. You should accept the truth that is burst bombs though, pretty sure >50% of my eliter kills were not with the primary.

Top Bottom