• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

ryechu

It already has good mobility for its size and I had a few run speed ups on my gear yesterday. Felt really good to me for added strafing/dodging.
That feeling when you are hitting someone with glancing shots while running forward and you kill them with those final now critical range shots.

get a carbon roller on the team, they have no business going mid at the start of the match without a charged inkzooka on most maps anyway so they'll paint the base nice and tidy

at least, that's what I did when I used the carbon roller
You clearly haven't seen some of the carbons i got as teammates during splatfest.

J@hranimo

Banned

It already has good mobility for its size and I had a few run speed ups on my gear yesterday. Felt really good to me for added strafing/dodging.

Ah ok nice, I figured so. It begs for more on foot mobility. I'm gonna try that out soonish. This weapon is easier to use then I thought.

1506 pts with it. New personal record. This thing is bonkers lmao.

phanphare

Banned
gonna have to try using the splatling with run speed up, sounds pretty useful

I wish I could stomach going without my swim speed ups lol, as it stands right now I only switch out my head gear for different weapon sets. I feel naked without my swim speed ups..

I wish I could stomach going without my swim speed ups lol, as it stands right now I only switch out my head gear for different weapon sets. I feel naked without my swim speed ups..
There's s blue visor that gives run speed up I have it if you want it

Azure J

Preach. :lol

phanphare

Banned
There's s blue visor that gives run speed up I have it if you want it

nice, I'll check if I need it when I get home

I buy all the swag pretty much, even if I never wear it. except for splat-related abilities like quick spawn or special saver.

Preach. :lol

lol, it's always annoying to lose my swim speed main during splatfests. for this past one I was using the splinter cell looking night vision goggles to get my swim speed back.

Violet_0

Banned
I'm the best Charger on my team, either placing 1st or 2nd. It's a pretty fun weapon class if you have the right load out.

charger suck

always sitting on their perches, never contributing to the team

they just don't get into the spirit of Turf Wars, if you know what I mean

Geg

lol, it's always annoying to lose my swim speed main during splatfests. for this past one I was using the splinter cell looking night vision goggles to get my swim speed back.

Oh those are swim speed up? Neat, I haven't seen them in my store yet. Maybe I'll do that next splatfest instead of the amiibo hairclip

charger suck

There's a specific word for players like that but I can't think of it right now

nice, I'll check if I need it when I get home

I buy all the swag pretty much, even if I never wear it. except for splat-related abilities like quick spawn or special saver.

Half the stuff I buy because my 6 year old likes dressing up my inkling when I'm not playing lol

LostAnkh

charger suck

Yeah, the majority of them aren't that good with their load out. I run with the Splat Charger with Sprinkler and Killer Wail. It would've been better if it came with the Echolocator, since it's useful for the team.

Robotguy

Swim speed up is great. Played a match with 3 SSU mains and it was nuts coming from a ninja squid build. But mostly I just use it as a counter to the ninja squid speed nerf. For most of the weapons I play I feel that there are other perks that are more useful. I image it's great for rollers/ brushes though.

Anyone been having trouble connecting to Turf Wars in the last hour or so? I've never seen so many connection errors before I even get into a game before, and I'm using a wired connection, too...

Edit: nvm, seems to have cleared up...

I think the trajectory of the splatling gun "bullets" throws me off whenever I use that weapon, or the feeling of more limited verticality or whatever. on port I don't feel it much but I feel totally weird trying to use it on the skatepark.

phanphare

Banned
I think the trajectory of the splatling gun "bullets" throws me off whenever I use that weapon, or the feeling of more limited verticality or whatever. on port I don't feel it much but I feel totally weird trying to use it on the skatepark.

yeah skatepark is a weird map for the splatling gun

although there are some great spots to post up behind cover and shoot over it

also you can hit the top of that center tower pretty easily which is always fun

what I've learned is to never go into the low ground without enough ink to use a splash wall

Geg

All weapons do barring the roller class, no?

Yeah it's just more effective with some more than others. If it's already a fairly light weapon then walk speed up will make it even faster but for heavier shooters and chargers it won't make much of a noticeable difference.

Ironically the heavy splatling doesn't count as a heavy shooter.

J@hranimo

Banned
Yeah it's just more effective with some more than others. If it's already a fairly light weapon then walk speed up will make it even faster but for heavier shooters and chargers it won't make much of a noticeable difference.

Yeah that's what surprises me the most about this weapon. I'm guessing that's what the
hyper splatling
will be for.

Crayolan

get a carbon roller on the team, they have no business going mid at the start of the match without a charged inkzooka on most maps anyway so they'll paint the base nice and tidy

at least, that's what I did when I used the carbon roller

On the contrary, I think a carbon roller needs to rush to the point moreso than the average gun, cause once the long range shooters are there pushing the middle is much tougher for the carbon roller. If you get to the middle first then they have to come to you instead of the other way around.

Inkzooka is just for getting people on perches.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
RE: Moray Towers

One of those maps that teaches you that sometimes you do need to ink the walls. It's fun to be the one to sneak into the enemy side and cover a whole lot before swimming away, but God is it painful to be on a team that's not aware of the climb up points and watching the other team overrun your side. There's only so much one squid can do!

Crayolan

By the way Crayolan you are by far the most aggressive carbon roller I've ever played against lol

My favorite thing to do is rush directly at people using bomb rush or an inkzooka.

RE: Moray Towers

One of those maps that teaches you that sometimes you do need to ink the walls. It's fun to be the one to sneak into the enemy side and cover a whole lot before swimming away, but God is it painful to be on a team that's not aware of the climb up points and watching the other team overrun your side. There's only so much one squid can do!

Breaking into the high floors of the enemy side on Moray Towers is the best.

A few things I stumbled upon in other places.

A rather odd tower control glitch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNdW1kYUXFs
My guess is the game at the point of the tower reaching the goal rewards the win to the team in control. Which can lead to rare instances of this. However in the only other known case of this was the same in that both sides had got the tower to 1 from the other.

Spot what is missing:
d4go3Nj.jpg
Turns out if you've never played rank is displays nothing at all. Also it just had to be aerospray as well, didn't it (I know those users have a reputation in turf wars).

I primarily use Squelchers, and today I tried out a .96 Gal for the first time. My God.

People died.
It's liberating ain't it, being able to finish off your targets before you sleep and wake up :)

I still like the range on Jet Squelchers a lot though, I don't think I'll ever give that up.

Ahnez

A few things I stumbled upon in other places.

A rather odd tower control glitch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNdW1kYUXFs
My guess is the game at the point of the tower reaching the goal rewards the win to the team in control. Which can lead to rare instances of this. However in the only other known case of this was the same in that both sides had got the tower to 1 from the other.

Spot what is missing:

Turns out if you've never played rank is displays nothing at all. Also it just had to be aerospray as well, didn't it (I know those users have a reputation in turf wars).

My guess is its maybe a Race Condition

The game probably run the game engine and some system that interpret the events independently in parallel, and it decides who won simply by choosing the team on the tower in the moment when the ending condition is met

This would be a very basic mistake, I guess their team having exactly 1 distance left is what triggered the bug

I've gotten a lot of them today as well. It's getting pretty annoying.
Yup. And I feel bad for the team I fought just now. It was all higher level folks against a team of newbies, literally sub 10's here. Needless to say they got pushed back to their spawn.

Zing

Banned
Swim speed up is great. Played a match with 3 SSU mains and it was nuts coming from a ninja squid build. But mostly I just use it as a counter to the ninja squid speed nerf. For most of the weapons I play I feel that there are other perks that are more useful. I image it's great for rollers/ brushes though.
I use it on blasters since I have to swim around to keep enemies in the sweet spot.

I don't feel it is useful for brush with my style. If I want to go fast, I run with brush out. Run speed is that I choose.

phanphare

Banned
So is it just random whether a match is Tower Control or Splatzones?

nah, it rotates every 4 hours like the maps. I think it repeats once a day though so the different time slots will have both modes in the span of 2 days. so for the 6pm - 10pm rotation it's splat zones, that means tomorrow from 6pm - 10pm it should be tower control.

or at least I think that's how it goes

Regiruler

I'd say it makes a fairly noticeable difference for squiffers.

Geg

It's liberating ain't it, being able to finish off your targets before you sleep and wake up :)

I still like the range on Jet Squelchers a lot though, I don't think I'll ever give that up.

I don't think I'd be able to adjust to the ink usage of the .96 or Splattershot Pro. I love being able to shoot ink at long range for like 10 seconds straight with the Dual Squelcher

AGoodODST

nah, it rotates every 4 hours like the maps. I think it repeats once a day though so the different time slots will have both modes in the span of 2 days. so for the 6pm - 10pm rotation it's splat zones, that means tomorrow from 6pm - 10pm it should be tower control.

Ah, I see. I've not played that much since they added the new mode so wasn't sure.

Ahnez

idk.. it looks very random to me lol

Also, with 4-hour rotation, its possible to have every mode, including rainmaker, exactly twice a day

Spot what is missing:

Yup, I never played ranked until the Luna Blaster came out so I had noticed that on my profile.

Close to the end of single player. Won't finish it tonight but I'm very close. 2 stages and the final boss are all that's left. Until today I had only completed enough for the Aerospray so I could not be a detriment to my team.

It's kind of fun but I really just want my Dynamo Rollers already... :X

Top Bottom