• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

Jims

Anyone have any tips on how to get out of danger with the Slosher? Like when a firefight has broken out and you're suddenly standing in a bit of enemy ink.

I always instinctively point downward to do the splatdashing away (like with guns) but the splats are so slow and I get run down. Is this just a weapon that has to be played cautiously with zoning?

J@hranimo

Banned
OMG YES
WVW69iR9hGAtE-nyH1

:D

Congrats! Is that your first 3 sub ability gear? It's always thrilling to get your first one :)

I talked with Jahranimo a bit about this the discord chat, but after playing more ranked in underpass overall I like the new design a lot but I hate those fucking trees in the middle. They obscure the view of anyone standing anywhere on the ground level, which sucks in splat zones because that's where I have to spend most of my time.

Also speaking of ranked in Underpass, I was playing in a goddamn A/A- lobby and one of the enemy team put two beakons right in the middle of the splat zone and not a single one of my teammates noticed. I jumped in there to destroy them and as I went to get the second one, someone used it to jump down and kill my teammate who had just walked right past it. We still won that game, but jesus.

Yeah I can see why most people don't like the trees. I like that they kept the trees in the map to add that "Hey, Underpass got those trees" signature plus it fixes a couple of problems from Vanilla Underpass.

Despite the middle section being wider overall, I think very competent chargers could still have a firm grasp on the middle especially for Splat Zones without the trees. With them there, it obscures the view so they have to either work harder for the snipes or drop the lower level for a better view, which in turn, brings them to our level for non-charger players. It keeps all the skirmishes interesting enough without one team out-ranging and beating the entire other team if good enough and holding the middle for the majority of the match.

Also I'm online and ready to squad up. Padwarrior, atr0cious, CO-Andy you guys still down?

Jims

Watching some of atr0cious' stream right now and I have to say it.

An entire team of Heavy Splatlings marching forward from their spawn is one of the most badass images in Splatoon.

So here's how I roller on various stages in Turf Wars:

Bluefin Depot: Camp
Camp Triggerfish: Camp
Arowana Mall: Camp
Walleye Warehouse: Run around on our half and try not to die
Moray Towers: Camp
Port Mackerel: Camp
Urchin Underpass: Run around on our half and try not to die
Kelp Dome: Run around in and near our base and try not to die
Blackbelly Skatepark: Run around and in and near our base and try not to die
Saltspray Rig: Camp

As you guys can see, I employ a wide variety of really aggressive strategies and it's awesome. :D

As you guys can see, I employ a wide variety of really aggressive strategies and it's awesome. :D

Red has a lot to learn from you. =D

Crayolan

Sounds boring. You should roll directly towards your opponents, that's more fun.

Y'know, I have those goggles, but it has a bomb throw up sub and two special duration up subs. Because I like my bombs( who doesn't know this at this point?), the goggles are perfect for me the way I have them.
I have two special durations and a special charge up and I am satisfied with that as well. I won't ever reroll, haha.

On another note, the trees dancing in 30fps in Urchin Underpass are funny as hell.

Top Bottom