• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

Close to the end of single player. Won't finish it tonight but I'm very close. 2 stages and the final boss are all that's left. Until today I had only completed enough for the Aerospray so I could not be a detriment to my team.

It's kind of fun but I really just want my Dynamo Rollers already... :X

Last thing this game needs is more dynamo rollers -_-

Grakl

Close to the end of single player. Won't finish it tonight but I'm very close. 2 stages and the final boss are all that's left. Until today I had only completed enough for the Aerospray so I could not be a detriment to my team.

I really wish single player was longer

I would pay for DLC, like a few more worlds or so.

Ahnez

Its very worth finishing it

dat Final Boss lol

If you don't like that battle, then you're doomed to be a detriment forever

I'm fairly convinced that there's going to be more major updates with single player DLC in the future. The SP content will probably be locked behind more Amiibos though :/

They could just add challenges for the new weapon classes but I'm holding out hope for a whole new campaign.

Ahnez

I wouldn't mind paying for more either

It was certainly refreshing compared to SP modes from other MP focused games
I'm fairly convinced that there's going to be more major updates with single player DLC in the future. The SP content will probably be locked behind more Amiibos though :/

They could just add challenges for the new weapon classes but I'm holding out hope for a whole new campaign.

I don't even know how they are planning to maintain the servers in the long run, every update announced so far are free, and not a single paid DLC on sight
edit
Hoping I do. It has been fun but, like, it's sooooooooooooooooooo easy.
Won't spoil anything.. but don't expect it to be brain-dead easy like the other bosses

phanphare

Banned
just sacrificed myself to get an inkstrike off to gain control of the splat zone to get the 1 second off our timer to get the KO

feels good man

In about 30 minutes to an hour I want to set up a Charger practice room. Anyone interested in honing their Charger skills/aim? It'll be mainly a low pressure practice room unless people want more practice vs pressure/ other Chargers.

I'll post more about how it's gonna work later. I just need to figure out how interested people are in this type of room for the people that are on ATM.

I might have to extend the time to an hour and a half judging by how slow the thread is moving.

I would join but I won't be able to get on again tonight.

Next time I'm going to play is going to involve trying out the Dynamo anyways. ~ SUCK IT GREG MWAHAHAHAHAHA

Ahnez

They should just increase the map rotation to 3 already

We have just 10 maps, ok , but each rotation takes 4 hours..

Short version:

We're in Squidboards Ink or Swim tournament. This round was best of 5. Robotguy had a dc in the first game. We still ended up winning 3 games. There was a lot of drama where they wanted us to do the round over, accused us of cheating, told us "don't let me catch ya'll slipping in pubs", etc.

TO just ruled in our favor saying that we win the round.

Video here:

Round 2 of Ink or Swim Tournament
I didn't know anyone could be so good at eating splat bombs, but Mario [SF] showed he was really hungry. I see BlakStatus throwing out splat bombs and Mario dies to about half of them, what the heck.

Jeeves

They should just increase the map rotation to 3 already

We have just 10 maps, ok , but each rotation takes 4 hours..
I agree. Yesterday I had a serious hankering to play for several hours...and that happened to be right towards the beginning of my two least-favorite maps entering the rotation: blackbelly and moray. Having any other map available alongside those would have at least broken up the 'yuck' a bit.

atr0cious

In about 30 minutes to an hour I want to set up a Charger practice room. Anyone interested in honing their Charger skills/aim? It'll be mainly a low pressure practice room unless people want more practice vs pressure/ other Chargers.

I'll post more about how it's gonna work later. I just need to figure out how interested people are in this type of room for the people that are on ATM.

I might have to extend the time to an hour and a half judging by how slow the thread is moving.
I definitely do, although I might be switching between a splatling and charger, but tomato tomato.

I'd like to practice my sniping. I should be available most of tonight, but I need warning to plan other things around it.

I definitely do, although I might be switching between a splatling and charger, but tomato tomato.

I'd like to practice my sniping. I should be available most of tonight, but I need warning to plan other things around it.

Alright, let me just make something quick to eat.

Scratch that, the room with the TV that I used just became unavailable. Gotta respect the wishes of my family member that works the graveyard shift. He needs the sleep.

I can give you guys the rundown on how it'll work if you guys don't mind hosting.

Ahnez

I actually would like but.. Its getting late here..

Oh well :/ maybe next time

edit: ^oh right

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Ugh there's too much risk of getting bad teammates like this

Honestly I've had more good than bad. I've mostly played two man squad on TC though. I had a disconnect that last match, sorry. I'm opening up one more if you want to join or anyone else.

Geg

Honestly I've had more good than bad. I've mostly played two man squad on TC though. I had a disconnect that last match, sorry. I'm opening up one more if you want to join or anyone else.

Yeah I was mainly referring to that mostly useless charger who was on our side in that blackbelly skatepark match.

It's okay I only lost 8 for that since there was an S+ on the other team. I went ahead and started playing with randoms and I'm already having better luck with that due to no S or S+ players

Geg

Well after that big dumb session of ranked I'm only 10 points higher than I was when I started. Decided to stop after a match where I didn't realize the opponent had taken the lead by a single point until there were about 10 seconds left. I died doing something I don't even remember what but thankfully my teammates were able to hold on during overtime. That's enough excitement for today

The opponent's team had a laggy A+ tentatek so that made things even more stressful

Azure J

Lol what?

Anyways, I'm gonna start making some dinner. I'll see you guys in anout an hour and a half or so.

Atrocious is one of a few people anywhere who will multiping to let you know when someone's planning shenanigans in a specific part of the map after he's splatted.

Geg

Atrocious is one of a few people anywhere who will multiping to let you know when someone's planning shenanigans in a specific part of the map after he's splatted.

I tried that in ranked today and my other teammates just booyah'd me back lol

OMG YES
WVW69iR9hGAtE-nyH1

:D

Geg

I talked with Jahranimo a bit about this the discord chat, but after playing more ranked in underpass overall I like the new design a lot but I hate those fucking trees in the middle. They obscure the view of anyone standing anywhere on the ground level, which sucks in splat zones because that's where I have to spend most of my time.

Also speaking of ranked in Underpass, I was playing in a goddamn A/A- lobby and one of the enemy team put two beakons right in the middle of the splat zone and not a single one of my teammates noticed. I jumped in there to destroy them and as I went to get the second one, someone used it to jump down and kill my teammate who had just walked right past it. We still won that game, but jesus.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
The funniest is when someone tries to say boo yah or c'mon and get cut off when they get splatted.

I'm going to start a ranked room at 7 PM when the maps change if anyone wants to join

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Tower Control for Arowana Mall and Camp Triggerfish. Was getting tired of Splat Zones

Got a 4 squad group started if anyone wants to join

Jims

Haha, so what you guys are saying is, "Don't challenge the Heavy Splatlings in the Port hallways." Message heard loud and clear.

(These matches are why I don't take the bucket into ranked.)

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
KingJolly I made a two man room instead. Didn't want to wait for 4 players

A good two man team with two other serviceable teammates can win a TC game easy

GGs.

I finally got to try out the Dynamo and... I think it fits my defensive style of play pretty well but I still prefer the Splat and Krak-on right now. I'll try it again tomorrow with stacked Damage Ups though. My main issue with it right now is its lackluster OHKO range for its swinging speed but going by the testing range I think I can fix that.

P.S. LOL@when I distracted some guy for like who knows how long on Bluefin and then Red just comes up from behind and splatted him. Dunno why but it slayed me. Hahahahaha

Geg

Now that I think about it I probably should have stayed with you for those splat zone games Kas, sorry if you feel like I abandoned you or something lol

So guys what's the funniest thing you have witnessed in splatoon match?

I still crack up when I remember splatacus doing such a nice effort painting the wall back when moray was new and the pressure of the jump got to him and he went straight down, I had to put the controller down to laugh 😁

Top Bottom