• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

Geg

Man I wish the game would be consistent with the randoms I play in turf war.

They're either easy prey while I go 10-1 defending the middle on Walleye or they're all S ranked monsters who destroy me

Seriously though, here's how I Blackbelly with a roller:
lDzMSp9.png

MrPanic

Bleh, reached A+99 two days ago, then had a trainwreck of matches that took me all the way to A-02 that very same day. The last two days I've just been bouncing between A and A-, having decent matches in A- range just to throw me against laggy Japanese S+ player when I'm in A. At least it's a lot more fun in the gaf lobbies, even if it's just for the banter.

Geg

tfw when there's someone on the other team with the same weapon and similar playstyle as you and you both splat each other a lot but in the end you lose because your teammates got a combined kill of 1, then the next game you're on the same team and you completely outperform them in every way

You mean you just stop halfway? You don't try to push all the way to their spawn?
Yes. I get less points than I used to back when I was pretty aggressive, but I win a lot more and when I lose it's a lot more likely to be a close match. This assumes I'm playing well with my trusty Splat Roller, of course, and that's not a guarantee. lol

Sendou

Swim speed up is great. Played a match with 3 SSU mains and it was nuts coming from a ninja squid build. But mostly I just use it as a counter to the ninja squid speed nerf. For most of the weapons I play I feel that there are other perks that are more useful. I image it's great for rollers/ brushes though.

I have started using two of the as main perks. Helps getting around. Or in other words being a threat on a wider area.

Read this and I was reminded of some art Totakeke posted from gmod I want to say of an inkling running over a whole team. :lol
I used to be a really aggressive roller. I became more cautious over time but never really got close to the point where I am now. It's a relatively recent phenomenon. No idea what triggered the change in me.
image.php

No idea at all.

I was wondering why I haven't found the Dynamo Roller in the shop, but then I discovered
I was missing a sunken scroll from the last boss

Fixed that problem and bought the roller.

Top Bottom