• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

Azure J

Yeah though I forgot there was that one game where the game inexplicably put us against a team of three S and one S+, but we did respectably. Went the full five minutes and I think we could have taken it if the dynamo didn't sneak up on me while I was on the tower in the last minute.

The ending of that last game was so great, I jumped on the tower in overtime a split second before an enemy superjumping came down. That was like my own personal "Yeah I earned this A rank"

I know how this feels. My second to last match before A+ rank was such an immense tug of war into near loss that the moment we clutched it out, I felt like I was just going to destroy the next round and sure enough, that's what happened.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I'm starting to seriously despise Dynamo Rollers especially on Tower Control.

We have one spot open in our squad if anyone wants to join.

GGs Timeasis

Geg

I'm starting to seriously despise Dynamo Rollers especially on Tower Control.

We have one spot open in our squad if anyone wants to join.

GGs Timeasis

My earlier squad of A-/B+/B-/B- had a serious chance of beating an all S squad had it not been for their dynamo roller. Dude just kept showing up right when I thought it was safe

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Oh man, all these S teams.

I know. We didn't do that bad last match. I think we need at least two teammates to set up beacons. Takes some pressure of your shoulders. Roller and Splattershot are my two favorites weapons with beacons but idk if I want to try sometime I haven't used as much in ranked matches.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I am SO happy about that win you guys don't understand :'D

That was seriously one of the most satisfying wins I've had playing Splatoon. Holy shit.

S Ranked Japanese team, mostly all Level 35+, with a Level 39 Dynamo Roller who went 18-10 and we made it to 20 in Overtime on Camp Triggerfish. Right at the end we kept spawning on the Tower and robotguy made a few key splats right where the tower starts going up to their spawn to get them from taking the tower.

Total team effort at the end.

GGs Jahra, robotguy, time2krill.

I am SO happy about that win you guys don't understand :'D

Right there with you!

That was seriously one of the most satisfying wins I've had playing Splatoon. Holy shit.

S Ranked Japanese team, mostly all Level 35+, with a Level 39 Dynamo Roller who went 18-10 and we made it to 20 in Overtime on Camp Triggerfish. Right at the end we kept spawning on the Tower and robotguy made a few key splats to get them from taking the tower.

Yeah, that was so sweet. That Roller was annoying as hell.

I'm getting better at getting my splash walls to stay on the platform.

What fresh shirtsclothing are y'all wearing
I got the fresh headphones with my rockenberg black shirt with the blue Moro boots. That combo gave me 2 attack up (1 main + 3 subs) run speed up, ink saver main and special duration up.
I'm running TC with three mains and one or two subs. And it's really fast, four or five seconds. I get to super jump spam the tower at the end many times.
I should try it sometime and see how it goes.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Great back to back matches. I think on Walleye Warehouse we should stay back a little, splat one or two then make a push. As soon as we have the zone secured we get closer to their spawn and keep momentum going our side.

Mellopillow

Neo Member
Did we play ranked match against each other earlier, I had no idea lol I'm to into the game right now trying to get to S+ but everytime I make good progress something always pops up like a disconnect where I lose 12 points or just bad teammates. Overall a pretty annoying day

Yea, I won against your team in tower control at moray towers D: I feel the same man, I hate disconnecting in rank today, especially when it's squad where you can't gain points but lose for disconnecting. but at least it's only 2 points lost. On the other hand tho, I only gain 3 or 5 points after every win >__>

J@hranimo

Banned
Great back to back matches. I think on Walleye Warehouse we should stay back a little, splat one or two then make a push. As soon as we have the zone secured we get closer to their spawn and keep momentum going our side.

Yeah good point. I went a little too aggro for a moment there and ended up dying really early. Still got the win though.

Robotguy

S Ranked Japanese team, mostly all Level 35+, with a Level 39 Dynamo Roller who went 18-10 and we made it to 20 in Overtime on Camp Triggerfish. Right at the end we kept spawning on the Tower and robotguy made a few key splats right where the tower starts going up to their to get them from taking the tower.

Yeah, that was nuts. I was pretty unhappy that I was on the left side when that was all going down. Didn't think I would be useful, but then they all decided to camp the ledge, which was in my range and line of sight sooo...I got them. :D

Also, you're right that it was hard for me to effectively balance the beakons and combat in those matches. They were so intense that I couldn't give enough time to checking and maintaining good beakon presence and help out on combat at the same time. I think usually I would start out with good beakon work and then it would deteriorate over the course of the match as I felt I had to help out with combat more. Also, due to the split nature of Triggerfish specifically it can be pretty hard to maintain beakon presence on both halves of the match.

So on tower control, I'm starting to feel like if you have a splash wall user you can keep blaster users at bay a bit better than just hoping the post blocks their shots.

Robotguy

So on tower control, I'm starting to feel like if you have a splash wall user you can keep blaster users at bay a bit better than just hoping the post blocks their shots.
I find it pretty tricky to get the splash wall on the tower. Even harder to get it where I want it on the tower. lol.

J@hranimo

Banned
The A- rank club keeps trying to keep me out, but I keep finding a way back in! :p

These are some good games you guys, we're all ranking up little by little :)

I find it pretty tricky to get the splash wall on the tower. Even harder to get it where I want it on the tower. lol.
Even if you can't get it on there a few blocked shots is enough to throw somebody off just enough to get the counter splat. Or in my case the blaster who got me ended up falling off the tower and into my wall killing him too :p

wiiu_screenshot_tv_017mb6x.jpg

Got two run speed ups on a tentatek brand

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
That one sneaky roller on the other team, I just caught onto his plan at the last minute.

On Walleye Warehouse? Yeah he was coming from the sides where they had placed beacons. I didn't realize until he came up behind me and splatted me halfway through the match giving them the zone. Caught on to him though after that.

Damnit that last match on Walleye Warehouse. I pushed to their sniper spot, was focused on the zone and the roller somehow got me. I splat him we win that match.

J@hranimo

Banned
So apparently the Nintendo world store has some concept art on the walls including this one:

The rabbits look wrong. I think it is their thin limbs.

Hopefully someone gets better pictures.

Huh that's interesting. I don't remember rabbits being a part of the dev cycle for this game in the Iwata asks.

Kicko

This just came to me -- If Nintendo adds playable Octolings as DLC, their 'Kraken' form shouldn't be considered the 'Kraken' since the Kraken itself is a mythological sea creature who's appearance is attributed to the Giant Squid. As we know, Ocotolings are octopi, not squids, so the name doesn't jive for obvious reasons.

So what should we call the Octoling's 'Kraken' form? I think the only name that makes any since is 'Cthulhu', as he looks like a freaking massive Octopus. Also, it creates a theme of bad ass mythological creatures serving as specials/power-ups. Any suggestions for this potential problem Nintendo may be facing?

Nico_D

Yeah, thanks to you. Thanks for occasionally carrying me. Especially these S teams just makes me piss myself - hence the toilet break in the middle.

Huh that's interesting. I don't remember rabbits being a part of the dev cycle for this game in the Iwata asks.
?

http://iwataasks.nintendo.com/interviews/#/wiiu/splatoon/0/1

This just came to me -- If Nintendo adds playable Octolings as DLC, their 'Kraken' form shouldn't be considered the 'Kraken' since the Kraken itself is a mythological sea creature who's appearance is attributed to the Giant Squid. As we know, Ocotolings are octopi, not squids, so the name doesn't jive for obvious reasons.

So what should we call the Octoling's 'Kraken' form? I think the only name that makes any since is 'Cthulhu', as he looks like a freaking massive Octopus. Also, it creates a theme of bad ass mythological creatures serving as specials/power-ups. Any suggestions for this potential problem Nintendo may be facing?
I think it'd be okay if they reused the Kraken name for Octolings, hopefully their transformed form with be more octopus like than squid like. If they have to utilize a different name, maybe Leviathan would work?

Top Bottom