• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

This has to be the funniest thing I've seen in the game: https://youtu.be/Sceu1fRt2jI?t=3m44s

Oh shit, someone's shooting me, gonna get away. *does weirdest looking backwards jump ever*
I'm not sure what was more interesting. That jump or the japanese dynamo roller who was apparently spamming flings far faster than i can... Unless there's a trick to that in which case i would love to know 'cuz I can only do like half of a fling a second.

Jims

Playing around with Damage Up with the Slosher. Looks like you need 1 main and 1 sub in order to get a guaranteed Burst Bomb -> Slosh combo. Indirect hit of the Burst Bomb + Slosh = 100.2 pts (with no defense). If you hit the person dead on, it'll always be the two-hit kill but the increasing the effective blast radius on the bombs might be the way to go. Was getting good practice yesterday at setting up the Burst -> Slosh combo but the accuracy of the Burst Bombs makes it kind of finicky.

What would be the best build for Slosher? Maybe Damage Up + Ink Sub Up + Bomb Range Up? Burst Bombs play really well with Damage Up in general, right?

DaBoss

Tower Control Splash Wall video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ync76AP7Qs

Shows how you can get the Splash Wall on the Tower itself.

And speaking of that, you can actually get it on the obelisk itself, but it won't activate it. Instead, it will just get stuck there and then eventually land on the tower's base and then activate. Looks really funny. I've only been able to do this on Moray Towers though. Not sure if it is possible on other maps.

J@hranimo

Banned
I don't have a set slosher build yet but I've found that using ink saver mains and subs, defense up, and ink recovery have helped a ton.

And speaking of the slosher, looks like it crept up to my most used weapons really quickly:

hFSOFTd.png

MrPanic

Woot woot, managed to get to S rank today. Took a few days especially after that awful train wreck I had three days ago where I managed to go all the way from A+ to B+ in a horrible losing streak because I just couldn't take a break. Today I pretty much had the opposite experience with a crazy win streak of 20 in there. Finally I can enjoy the lack of rank-downs and guaranteed fight money.

SM239

GGs GAF brb later.
Casual.
Kappa

GGs PadWarrior. I'm gonna call it a night. Already 11PM here.

Also Kas that last match I have no idea what our other two teammates were doing. I thought we were going to lose. lol Good job holding the north for as long as you did.

Azure J

I'm going to hop on a bit later hoping to play squads for more cash or just learn Octobrush better. Hopefully you'll all still be around.

I also really need GuySloth to wear his Shrimp Pink Polo and Cream Hi Tops in a match with me so I can order those. :p

I need to learn this advanced jump tech.

Kiddashing too strong. Nerf pls

Casual.
Kappa

Also Kas that last match I have no idea what our other two teammates were doing. I thought we were going to lose. lol Good job holding the north for as long as you did.

You're a filthy casual
Keepo
It was a blast man.

Bulbasaur

Banned
What fresh shirtsclothing are y'all wearing

Currently rocking the hoodie with ninja squid - put an extra slot on it - I love to ambush!

Those multicolored shoes with stealth jump - I like not having that damn landing icon there! People have their guard down and POP!

I alternate between the amiibo samurai helmet and the new night vision goggles.

Lunar blaster for lyfe.

Zing

Banned
Squads has really made me wish you could change your gear between matches in turf wars. I'm spoiled.

Woot woot, managed to get to S rank today. Took a few days especially after that awful train wreck I had three days ago where I managed to go all the way from A+ to B+ in a horrible losing streak because I just couldn't take a break. Today I pretty much had the opposite experience with a crazy win streak of 20 in there. Finally I can enjoy the lack of rank-downs and guaranteed fight money.
We did well today. I am happy to have been part of your journey.

The money isn't guaranteed, though. You still need to win!

Robotguy

Casual.
Kappa

Casual.

MrPanic

We did well today. I am happy to have been part of your journey.

The money isn't guaranteed, though. You still need to win!

Haha, I would almost forget that part, with these gaf lobbies it's starting to feel pretty guaranteed. Ranked is just so much more enjoyable when you know you have a competent team to back you up so you can just focus on your role in that team for most of the time.

Geg

Squads tonight were very productive. Every match I played against was a tri squad.

As a result Greg and tapantaola ranked up to B, StAidan ranked up to A-, and I ranked up to A! Fun games all around.

StAidan

Squads tonight were very productive. Every match I played against was a tri squad.

As a result Greg and tapantaola ranked up to B, StAidan ranked up to A-, and I ranked up to A! Fun games all around.

Yeah, had a blast, thanks to everyone I squadded with tonight. Finally made it to the A- club courtesy of some great SplatGAF players.

Geg

Yeah though I forgot there was that one game where the game inexplicably put us against a team of three S and one S+, but we did respectably. Went the full five minutes and I think we could have taken it if the dynamo didn't sneak up on me while I was on the tower in the last minute.

The ending of that last game was so great, I jumped on the tower in overtime a split second before an enemy superjumping came down. That was like my own personal "Yeah I earned this A rank"

Nico_D

@sirInkalot

As Geg collected all the tri squads, should we again try and find all the S teams out there this morning? In a hour, hour and a half?

just had a B+ game that gave one side an A- Luna Blaster and a S ranked WALKMAN04 spamming burst bombs so fast that they were teleporting into my face

so i guess i'm not playing more tonight

Geg

just had a B+ game that gave one side an A- Luna Blaster and a S ranked WALKMAN04 spamming burst bombs so fast that they were teleporting into my face

so i guess i'm not playing more tonight

lmao seriously? Walkman why are you invading B+ rooms

I lied and tried one more ranked game.

S S A- B+

A B+ B+ B+ (mine)

so I guess matchmaking is just in a really nasty mood tonight for some reason

ChrisD

Spent 28 Sea Snails, and +1,000,000 gold to get 3 slots on every piece of headgear I have so far, let's do this grind.

A million plus?! How long have you played according to the Activity Log?

I need another Splatfest because I'm already out of snails (only three were used for rerolls), and I have nowhere near that wealth. Thought I was doing okay at 150k.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
That charger last match was really good. I'm going to switch to roller to counter any rollers the other team may have. Going to also be placing as many beacons as I can.

Top Bottom